Page 4 of 317
I love Pink Floyd they came from heaven to bless us with their godly music
Originally posted by Liam Alan
I heard from a interview with Gilmour, when he first started, that they we in a limo to practice and Waters told the driver not to pick him up. It could have be a misquote in the article.

I was speaking facetiously when I said he wanted to kick everyone out. I guess my sarcasm doesn't show well in my typing.

Actually it was a group decision. Syd had gradually becoming a hinderance to the band, preventing them from reaching stardom because Syd was just a deadweight, even going so far as to standing on stage and strangely looking at his guitar as if he had never seen a guitar in his life before. So they brought in David Gilmour as backup guitar, and while David did all the work Syd just stood there (mainly acting as a a useless figurehead). In fact it took so much work to get him out of his drug infected house and to the concert that Floyd just got tired of doing it. So that one day they all realized they didn't want Syd in the band anymore, and it was Roger who actually voiced their discontent. But it was a group idea, Roger was the only one to voice their thoughts out loud.
"There is no dark side in the moon, Matter of fact, its all dark"

Are there any queers in the theatre tonight?

*Official Deadhead*
Originally posted by MountainJam
Actually it was a group decision. Syd had gradually becoming a hinderance to the band, preventing them from reaching stardom because Syd was just a deadweight, even going so far as to standing on stage and strangely looking at his guitar as if he had never seen a guitar in his life before. So they brought in David Gilmour as backup guitar, and while David did all the work Syd just stood there (mainly acting as a a useless figurehead). In fact it took so much work to get him out of his drug infected house and to the concert that Floyd just got tired of doing it. So that one day they all realized they didn't want Syd in the band anymore, and it was Roger who actually voiced their discontent. But it was a group idea, Roger was the only one to voice their thoughts out loud.

I heard that When Syd became too screwed up to actually perform, He stayed back stage and wrote new material, while David performed in his place. That is why there was a lot of Barrat's work still going when Gilmour was in the band, e.g set your controls for the heart of the sun etc, written by Syd and Roger, guitar performed by David.
We can all dream, We can all hope, We can all fantasise........COME ON PINK FLOYD TOUR!!!!!!

visit some pink floyd forums @ forums.silent-echoes.co.uk!
^^*cough* Barrett *cough*
Quote by Fallon, Jones & Sage Francis

"By the way my name is Marcus. But if you like you can call me Sensei."

American Idol - or as I call it, the Gong Show Rip-Off

According to #Yeezuz, Kanye West is a god. As if I needed more reasons to be an atheist.
lol sorry
We can all dream, We can all hope, We can all fantasise........COME ON PINK FLOYD TOUR!!!!!!

Hehe

According to #Yeezuz, Kanye West is a god. As if I needed more reasons to be an atheist.
I heard that When Syd became too screwed up to actually perform, He stayed back stage and wrote new material, while David performed in his place. That is why there was a lot of Barrat's work still going when Gilmour was in the band, e.g set your controls for the heart of the sun etc, written by Syd and Roger, guitar performed by David.
thats not true...Waters has the only writing credits for Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun. The only thing Barrett wrote on A Saucerful of Secrets (their second album) was Jugband Blues. I don't think it is known whether or not Syd was recorded on any of the songs (vocals or guitar), except Jugband.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
Syd also wrote Corporal Clegg on Saucer but he performed it the same as JugBand. But He also wrote Astronomy Domine which was on Ummagumma (But it was on Piper but he performed it on Piper but not on Ummagumma.) I think there is more but this is just from memory.

Last edited by Liam Alan at Jun 24, 2005,
^^I don't think Syd wrote Corporal Clegg. I think Waters did (or atleast according to http://www.pinkfloydonline.com/discography/asos.html). And yeah, Syd wrote everything on Piper, including Astronomy Domine .
Quote by Thefallofman
Yeah I was going to point out Piper but I thought you were refering to Syd written post Syd-Floyd performed. There is also Arnold Layne and this one soundtrack I saw where they performed under "The Pink Floyd".

Originally posted by BrainDamage
\ The only thing Barrett wrote on A Saucerful of Secrets (their second album) was Jugband Blues. I don't think it is known whether or not Syd was recorded on any of the songs (vocals or guitar), except Jugband.

i think syd is the one playing accoustic guitar on "remember a day." could be wrong though.
you're nearly a laugh, but you're really a cry....
has anyone seen the movie for The Wall?
damn...pretty disturbing stuff that is...
aieghal bhadya!!!
Originally posted by BrainDamage
^^I don't think Syd wrote Corporal Clegg. I think Waters did (or atleast according to http://www.pinkfloydonline.com/discography/asos.html). And yeah, Syd wrote everything on Piper, including Astronomy Domine .

No you are wrong. Roger Waters wrote "Take up Thy Stethoscope and Walk." Dave also played guitar throughout Saucerful of Secrets, except for Juhband blues, and I believe it was Roger Waters who wrote Corporal Clegg, and includes the rare appearance of some Nick Mason vocals at the end of the song (mumbling). Although you may want to believe Syd wrote a lot of these songs, its not true. He was so out of it by he time Saucerful of secrets appeared that they unwillingly had to bring in David Gilmour as backup (because Syd was way too hard to work with). Yet if you want to hear some Syd Barrett written songs, check out the Early Singles or Dark Side of Pink Floyd (a compliation CD I found on Ebay for liek $6.00 from a store in Russia that contains most of the Early Singles along with some Pink Flyod studio outtakes).

*Official Deadhead*
Last edited by MountainJam at Jun 25, 2005,
^^how am I wrong? I said that Syd didn't write Corporal Clegg, and Waters did.
Quote by Thefallofman
My fault, I misread that, sorry.

*Official Deadhead*
Pink floyd rocked live 8

Animals is awesome. Good purchase.
Quote by Thefallofman
Guys, you gotta see this...

It says that Roger Waters was the DRUMMER of Pink Floyd!

BTW, this article is about his daughter, who is a model.
I'm a girl, dammit! Member #1 of the Angus Young Fan Club. PM Evil Kid 93 to join.
Quote by knerken
You're my hero, Soulstripper!
^^LOL I know, but its hilarious that they would say that.
I'm a girl, dammit! Member #1 of the Angus Young Fan Club. PM Evil Kid 93 to join.
Quote by knerken
^^Hahahahaha. But speaking of Roger...here are some pics of his kids:

Quote by knerken
^^Yeah, well, he's definitely seen better days, lol. India, however, is fairly attractive, IMO. But she IS a model.
Quote by knerken
I got DSOTM Wish you were here and the wall live. Kinda wish I had the regular wall but i got ithe live version as a christmas present and it does have a sweet book with it, and I dont want to spend 30$ just to get the studio version. Whats the next CD that I should buy. I'm thinkin Animals. Are the songs on this like there other songs. I know theres 5 songs so could someone please go through the songs and tell me if there a soft song, a hard song or what other Floyd song it sounds like. I'll probably get Piper at the Gates of Dawn sometime. Whats the music like on this, since there was a different singer/guitar player/songwriter it had to have been different. Then I'll probably pick up Delicate Sound of Thunder. I believe thats the one with "On the turning away" and "Learning to Fly" on it. Is that a good one. What are other good CD's. And also what songs does David sing and which ones does Roger sing.
"I don't know I was really drunk at the time"
Last edited by SydBarretLives at Jul 8, 2005,
^^They're all hard songs except the first and last song on Animals. No floyd song sounds like another floyd song, so its kinda hard to describe what they sound like. Piper is very trippy and kinda psychadelic and very bizzare. Its good though.

Delicate Sound Of Thunder isn't a sstupid album though. If you want Learning To Fly and On The Turning Away, you'll want The Division Bell and A Momentary Laspe Of Reason (I think On The Turning Away is on this, but I'm not positive).

I'd get Saucerful of Secrets, thats a decent album. Its different, but its not bad.
Quote by knerken
Originally posted by SoulStripper7
^^Hahahahaha. But speaking of Roger...here are some pics of his kids:

she looks like roger with long hair
^^Especially on the first post of this page. Weird.

^^Yeah, India looks alot like her father.

Harry on the other hand does not. He looks like a dirtbag with those long dredlocks and stuff.
Quote by knerken
yeah but there kinda going overboard with this, there are a lot of other bands that are great and are underrated
Who's going overboard?

There are a lot of bands that get the credit they deserve on this site... just look around.
UG Blues Mafia
Founding Members: Forklifterer, Steve Cropper, Crzyrckgtrst28, and TNfootballfan62
PM one of us for membership opportunities.

www.ultimateblues.cjb.net
Forumers Needed.
Originally posted by SoulStripper7
^^Yeah, India looks alot like her father.

Harry on the other hand does not. He looks like a dirtbag with those long dredlocks and stuff.

HARRY THE DIRT BAG!
Originally posted by Crzyrckgtrst28
Who's going overboard?

Pink Floyd And their popularity
1. Don't double post.
2. Don't make pointless posts "HARRY THE DIRT BAG"
3. How are Pink Floyd going overboard, they didnt make this thread, I'm pretty sure they aren't even members on UG.
UG Blues Mafia
Founding Members: Forklifterer, Steve Cropper, Crzyrckgtrst28, and TNfootballfan62
PM one of us for membership opportunities.

www.ultimateblues.cjb.net
Forumers Needed.
I know theres 5 songs so could someone please go through the songs and tell me if there a soft song, a hard song or what other Floyd song it sounds like.

1. Pigs On The Wing Part 1- Nice little acoustic track (I believe was meant to be a love song).
2. Dogs- 17 minutes of pure beauty. The guitar work on this song is fantastic. The harmonies are great, and the solos are awesome.
3. Pigs 3 Different Ones- Great lyrics, bassline is awesome. And theres a talkbox solo .
4. Sheep- THIS SONG ROCKS. The vocals are phenomenal (sp?) rocking bassline and guitars. I love the outro.
5. Pigs On The Wing Part 2- Another short acoustic track with the same music as the first one, but different lyrics.

3. How are Pink Floyd going overboard, they didnt make this thread, I'm pretty sure they aren't even members on UG.
if they were on UG...*faints*
Quote by Thefallofman
^^Well Roger has seen the site....

When he used to live with me
Quote by knerken
Originally posted by propedo
yeah but there kinda going overboard with this, there are a lot of other bands that are great and are underrated

Then feel free to stay the fuck out of this thread and go talk about your precious bands. No one asked you to come in here. The thread title says "Pink Floyd Fans". What did you think we were going to talk about in here? I swear, retards.