mine's

Ten
Vs.
Yield
No Code
Vitalogy
Binaural
Riot Act

Even though RA is usually the last on a lot of people's lists, i thought it was really good. Green Disease, Thumbing My Way, Cropduster, Bushleager, All or None, I Am Mine, Can't Keep, and Save You are all good songs.

I guess its just hard to order their albums in greatness because all of them are great.
"Damn the broccoli, damn you, and damn the Wright Brothers!"

- Stewie
Last edited by jumpthegun at Jul 29, 2005,
thats exactly why i'm not posting the albums because i just can't choose it's like choosing between my children not that i have any.
ok heres my solution my top twenty pj songs

breathe
black
daughter
just a girl
bu$hleaguer
1/2 full
alive
yellow ledbetter
elderly woman behind the counter in a small town
in my tree
do the evolution
even flow
porch
push me pull me
jeremy
hail hail
dissident
lukin
green disease
spin the black circle

EDIT heres some more

animal
go
ocean
state of love and trust
betterman
glorified g
rearveiw mirror
brain of j
satens bed
i am mine

they are in no order what so ever.

does anyone here live in pennslvania because pj's doing a show in philidelphia and i'm so going.
Last edited by sundogg16 at Jul 29, 2005,
My favourite album is Vs. not a bad track on it. Ten is second, It has some amazing songs, but a few crap ones.
Pearl Jam is one of my most favorite bands, & has been for years. Their talent, artistic integrety, sincerity, and sound just can't be parelled! They are definately a "class act"! Ten is good, probably my least favorite though, I have to admit. Vs, No Code, & Vitalogy are my favorites! They're still putting out good honest music.
I got Skills!!!
i got a question. i plan to join the fanclub, and it says that when tickets are put up there are directions on how to get them. however, on the site it says you will have to sign on to your fanclub account and i see no place to do that if i did have an account. just wanna iron things out before i send away for membership.

also, has anybody else read Daniel Quinn's "Ishmael" solely because Yield is supposedly loosely based on it. I just started reading it lol, if anybody has don't ruin it, i just wanna know if you've read it.

edit: just bringin this up to the front page so people use this instead of the new PJ thread. Anybody gonna go to philly to see them?
"I see my light come shining from the west down to the east
Any day now, any day now I shall be released"

Know any good teachers in NY, especially skilled in teaching ear training? Tell me
Last edited by sirpsycho85 at Aug 5, 2005,
edit: just bringin this up to the front page so people use this instead of the new PJ thread. Anybody gonna go to philly to see them?

i'm posting on the new thread two, i can't see whats wrong with two pj threads.... and I"M GOIING TO SEE THEM IN OCT IN PHILLY!!!!!

EDIT ok every future post of mine is going to have a pj pic in it

for starters
hell yes i just bought tickets. im not in the fanclub tho, but theyre still good, and hopefully ill apply and get thru into the fan club in time for the full US tour!!!!!!!!!

woooohooooooo its gonna be my second show. my first one was kinda infamous, it was that show in Uniondale, NY in 2003 after which they stopped playing bushleaguer cause the stupid people got angry. their damn boing cost us several songs still on the setlist, most notably Indifference and Smile. Arrrrrrrrgh. but before then there was so much energy and singing, wow im so excited. im seeing Paul McCartney and Pearl Jam in the span of 3 days...im gonna die.

Know any good teachers in NY, especially skilled in teaching ear training? Tell me
Originally posted by sirpsycho85
i got a question. i plan to join the fanclub, and it says that when tickets are put up there are directions on how to get them. however, on the site it says you will have to sign on to your fanclub account and i see no place to do that if i did have an account. just wanna iron things out before i send away for membership.

also, has anybody else read Daniel Quinn's "Ishmael" solely because Yield is supposedly loosely based on it. I just started reading it lol, if anybody has don't ruin it, i just wanna know if you've read it.

Hey dude, I'm a member. You go to the website and there is a special log in for TenClub members.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Originally posted by GoodNite_AmyLee
Hey dude, I'm a member. You go to the website and there is a special log in for TenClub members.

is that login only available when tickets are onsale, bc i cant see anything there now if i was hypothetically a member+

Yeah - I got an e-mail from the philli show from the Temn club. Here are the instructions:

PJ will play the Wachovia Center in Philadelphia, PA on Monday, October 3rd. Show starts at 7PM. Sleater-Kinney will open the show.

?Ten Club has reserved a limited number of seats for sale to current members only ? and they are the best seats in the house (nothing but the best for you). These tickets will be available through a Ten Club pre-sale which starts August 1st at 10 AM Pacific time and ends August 3rd at 5PM Pacific time, unless we sell out before then. So hurry and make your plans! Tickets will be sold on a first come-first serve basis, but seat allocations will be for reserved seating and based upon seniority in the Ten Club.
???
? Ten Club tickets will be sold ONLY on-line and ONLY at pearljam.com. There will be no mail order for Ten Club tickets for this show.?
? The base ticket price for the tour is $48 USD per ticket plus applicable fees and taxes. Ten Club tickets available in pairs only. Only one pair of tickets will be made available to each fan club member until they are sold out. No single ticket sales. There will be a $3.50 USD service charge per ticket plus a $1.30 USD bank card processing fee per ticket.?
? Price for one pair of tickets will be a total of $105.60.?
? Visa and Mastercard are the only acceptable forms of payment. Your card will be charged immediately.?
? Once we process ALL of the ticket orders, we will prioritize the seats according to your member number. Your seats will be assigned according to your membership seniority.?
? You will receive a confirmation email when your order is processed.
? An additional email confirmation will arrive in advance of the show with detailed instructions about picking up your tickets at venue Will Call.?
? Ten Club tickets are for members only. Members must show photo I.D, at venue will call ?Ten Club? window to pick up tickets on day-of-show only.?
? Re-selling Ten Club tickets will result in revocation of fan club privileges.?
? All sales are final. No refunds. No exchanges.??

? Go to pearljam.com and click on the GOODS section, LOG IN to your Ten Club account. If you are not currently an up-to-date member you will not be eligible for Philly tickets.?
? Once you are logged into your account, the Philly tickets can be found in the SPECIALS area. You can only order a maximum of one pair while supplies last. No single tickets. You cannot purchase a membership and be eligible for tickets at this time.?Your membership must be up to date as of this announcement to be eligible for this ticket presale.

For questions or information regarding your tickets please contact tickets@tenclub.net. For questions about your membership, please contact info@tenclub.net. Keep in mind we will answer your emails in the order they are received, so please be patient and avoid sending multiple messages.?? See you in the City of Brotherly Love!

--

The following information is a reminder of your current mailing
list subscription:

You are subscribed to the following list:
Philly
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

awesome thanks a lot.

i really hope they play Black and Yellow Ledbetter, since they weren't played when i saw them. But i did get to hear Rearviewmirror, my second favorite after Black!!

12 minutes. 12 fucking minutes. That's how long it took for the philly tickets to sell out. Looks like I won't be going this year...
Pearl Jam in full pt 2 is now in the list for the next article to be on UG. I've already sent it up. For those who are unaware of part one, go here

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/columns/the_history_of/pearl_jam_in_full_part_1.html
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Originally posted by dazedandconfusd
12 minutes. 12 fucking minutes. That's how long it took for the philly tickets to sell out. Looks like I won't be going this year...

yep. what happened was, i was trying to use multiple tabs on my explorer to make the process faster, but apparently now they have a sensor for that so it doesnt let you buy tickets. course it doesnt tell u this til after that wait no more than X number of minutes. so after i did this the first time, they were already all sold out! however, i kept refreshing to see if anybody gave up a ticket, and i got one in five minutes in the 106 section, and then about ten minutes later i got another in the 104. Booyah, effort!

And @ the person above me, i think Light Years is definitely the most underrated PJ track. That was actually the song that got me into pearl jam (i got into music late, sue me).

does anyone like stone and jeff's earlier bands like green river and mother love bone? and one more question. has anyone heard stone's solo album? i was thinking about getting it.
Originally posted by Spynal
Yes, I'm so verrrry scared of some 16 yr old kid who thinks he's a badass cause he wears chains. If you ran into me on the street trying to intimidate me, I'd pluck your eyeballs out.
Green River f*cken own, Mark Arm kicks ass.
Mother Love Bone were f*cken great too, RIP Landrew.

Bayleaf is a great album, I definetly recommend it.
Favorite Albums
No Code
Vs.
Yield
Ten
Vitalogy
Riot Act
Binaural

Favorite Songs-
BREATH
In My Tree
Brother
Daughter
Red Mosquito
I Got ****
Low Light
Untitled
Rearviewmirror
Rats
W.M.A.
Even Flow
Alive
Porch
ahhhhhhhhh theres so many.

Pearl Jam seems to forget that there is the middle part of the country cough cough (shows in WA, MT, PA, NJ)

Oh well, tour next year sometime.
John Frusciante Club Member #7
They've been in PA and MT before I'm sure of it.

And yeah, all great albums, you could have said all the albums since you included everyone.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Originally posted by GoodNite_AmyLee
They've been in PA and MT before I'm sure of it.

And yeah, all great albums, you could have said all the albums since you included everyone.

Ohh, I was giving an order, the first 4 are pretty much set in stone, but the other 3 trade places.
John Frusciante Club Member #7
Pearl jam are one of my biggest influences, and at our next gig my band are playing "Don't gimmie no lip" and "Yellow Ledbetter", although i don't think our bassist can sing like vedder (i'm playing lead for that song, instead of rhythm and vocals).
Testing For Life On Mars
Well, i thought it YLB would be hard, but really its the same riff/melody whatever over and over again but slightly different each time. Mike just plays about with the E major scale i guess. The only differences are the solo and that "ooooooooohhhooooooohhhoohh" bit near the end.
Testing For Life On Mars
The only differences are the solo and that "ooooooooohhhooooooohhhoohh" bit near the end.

i know a bunch of pj songs with that "oooooooooohhhhooooooooohhoooohh bit" but yah i know what your talking about. but when i learned it i had just started guitar and i was like " i wanna learn yellow ledbetter" it took me five long years, to learn that song FIVE YEARS!!! DAMN YOU MIKE MCCREADY!!!
I love Pearl Jam. When I was a little kid, I would ride in my brothers car all the time and he would alwasy listen to Pearl Jam. He also listened to other 90's Alternative Rock bands. I love my childhood. I miss the 90's.
I think the majority of us in this thread miss the 90s.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

i really miss the nineties. i miss clinton, grunge, cool nineties alternative, the clothing, doc martins, the economy, the movies.........the.......

can the melvins really be considered as a grunge band ?
well i don't miss the nineties, i just wished i paid attention to it when it happened. i didn't start listening to music until Californication caught my ear, and then i worked my way into everything else from there. so that was 1999, i missed everything when it actually happened. at least PJ are still around (and for that matter, rhcp)

hmm, i dunno if this will get me flamed on a PJ thread, but i absolutely love Stone Temple Pilots, and while ppl keep mentioning other grunge bands on this thread, they get no love. I think songwritingwise, they were second only to Pearl Jam of all the grunge bands. Yes, scott weiland tries to look like eddie in the Plush video, but beyond that they are an incredibly different and original band, and one to which critics were extremely unfair. So do any other ppl here like htem?

Last edited by sirpsycho85 at Aug 15, 2005,
ive been listening to wishlist lately, but i think my favourite is even flow
Originally posted by Steve
never heard of a hickey, im guessing its an american thing?

The greatest trick of the devil is to make us believe he doesn't exist
hmm, i dunno if this will get me flamed on a PJ thread, but i absolutely love Stone Temple Pilots, and while ppl keep mentioning other grunge bands on this thread, they get no love. I think songwritingwise, they were second only to Pearl Jam of all the grunge bands. Yes, scott weiland tries to look like eddie in the Plush video, but beyond that they are an incredibly different and original band, and one to which critics were extremely unfair. So do any other ppl here like htem?

i like scott!!!

my favorite song of stp is sour girl
I'm not sure if this is a PJ song, but the main lyric goes 'where oh where can my baby be, the loard took her away from me'.

I think it is a pj song, sounded like them. does anyone know if it is a pj song, and if so what it's title is?
Cream fan club member #11.
i heard it on the radio-but of coursethey didn't anounce the name of the song or the band that did it.

your welcome for reserecting it. I knew it would be around somewhere.
Cream fan club member #11.