Page 3 of 358
I really don't understand...To me BNW is one of their best albums...Quite apart from "The Fallen Angel" all tracks are awesome! And Powerslave is overrated...It's a good album but SSoaSS is far better.
@+
Originally posted by d0bbit
why shoudl we lsiten to you... cmon u listen to slipknot

Dyslexics...UNTIE!

Iron Maiden rules.
I'm pretty new to Iron Maiden, only really being introduced to them a coupla days ago, and I really like songs like "Run To The Hills", "Flight Of Icarus", and "Brave New World". I want to pick up one of their albums, can you give me any suggestions? Should I stick with a greatest hits? btw, I don't know if any of the songs I listened to were with singers other than Bruce Dickinson, who I like the voice of.
Fender Special Edition Koa Strat
Epiphone Les Paul Classic
Visual Sound Jeckyll & Hyde Overdrive
Fender Blues DeVille 2x12
Originally posted by masterchief101
I'm pretty new to Iron Maiden, only really being introduced to them a coupla days ago, and I really like songs like "Run To The Hills", "Flight Of Icarus", and "Brave New World". I want to pick up one of their albums, can you give me any suggestions? Should I stick with a greatest hits? btw, I don't know if any of the songs I listened to were with singers other than Bruce Dickinson, who I like the voice of.

Get Number of the Beast then Somewhere in time. Then either go Piece of Mind, or one of their first two cds. Then Try Brave New World.

All of those songs were bruce dickinson. Blaze Baily is crap thoguh. X factor and Virtual XI sucked.
Originally posted by masterchief101
I want to pick up one of their albums, can you give me any suggestions?

Go with Piece of Mind album

Originally posted by Metallicat251
All of those songs were bruce dickinson. Blaze Baily is crap thoguh. X factor and Virtual XI sucked.

I disagree as I liked X Factor and Virtual XI. Those two albums were more lyrically based and more directed to gameplay music compared to their traditional work with Dickinson.
Originally posted by Metallicat251
Who's you're favorite Eddie? Mines gotta be the brave new world one.

if you don't count the one on the upcoming DVD, it's Rock in Rio for me or maybe the Powerslave one (screw you louri it's their frickin best album!!! ), but I have to agree that "the fallen angel" on BNW is horrible, vraiment...
Die Sonne graut dem Morgen
Morsch sind Baum und Pfad
mir ist kalt...
EMI records plan to release it on August 29th which will be exactly the day I will get it

Edit: hold on, damnit, I bet they are not going to release at the same point of time in Germany
mir ist kalt...
Last edited by The Oceanborn at Jul 3, 2005,
My favourite Eddie would have to be the one off of Virtual XI. I dont see why everybody seems to bash that album its not their worst.
i get mad at myself when i by the greatest hits cuzz then you never wanna by any onther albums, and when you do your like'**** why aint that on the greatest hits'so thats why i d wouldent by the greatest hits
ya i suck at spelling...but ill kill you at guitar..and thats all that counts
Originally posted by d0bbit
why shoudl we lsiten to you... cmon u listen to slipknot

quote:
Originally posted by LiquidX
Clapton is the guy who played guitar for the Bee-gee's right?
I had that problem with Edward the Great that being my first Maiden album. After that I got Their first album and was like wow this stuff should be on here.
hey, I've noticed that in many live performances of Iron Maiden a kind of puppet or so, wich is Eddie, comes around the stage. In Live after Death,it was eddie from poweslave like a mummy, in Donnington he came out at Clairvoyant.

How is this thing moving, are some assholes in there, or is he moved with ropes from the roof?
=>Fender Highway 1 Stratocaster with Alnico V Holydiver Bare Knuckle bridge humbucker

=>40 Watt RMS Yorkville Traynor YCV-40 valve amplifier

=>30 Watt Tech 21 NYC - Trademark 30 solid amplifier

=>Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby pedal
I don't think so. In Live After Death Eddie-Mummy goes up stairs, does as playing Murrays guitar, move his hands up and down, I don' think it is a rope, I haven't seen anyone anyway
=>Fender Highway 1 Stratocaster with Alnico V Holydiver Bare Knuckle bridge humbucker

=>40 Watt RMS Yorkville Traynor YCV-40 valve amplifier

=>30 Watt Tech 21 NYC - Trademark 30 solid amplifier

=>Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby pedal
my favorite eddie is, and im getting a tattoo of it, is the FEAR OF THE DARK one, its soo badass with him coming out of the tree, true maiden originality
"As your taking a walk through the garden of life what do you expect you would see, just like a mirror reflecting the moves of your life in the river reflections of me. "
ive got number of the beast and piece of mind>
#1 MEMBER OF THE R.A.T.M CLUB
#10 member of the UG RIP CLIFF BURTON CLUB

turn up the BASS!!!!
Originally posted by SdKfz
hey, I've noticed that in many live performances of Iron Maiden a kind of puppet or so, wich is Eddie, comes around the stage. In Live after Death,it was eddie from poweslave like a mummy, in Donnington he came out at Clairvoyant.

How is this thing moving, are some assholes in there, or is he moved with ropes from the roof?

I'm pretty sure it's not ropes from the roof, just imagine the amount of work before each show and it would also would not work with all the lighing systems which are there also AND produce a lot of heat, which would burn all the ropes etc
I bet theres somebody in it and operates the thing, bI guess it could also be radio controlled?
mir ist kalt...
in some documentary i remember someone saying that "they added a mechanical eddie to the show" so i would imagine "mechanical" means like a robot of some sort
"As your taking a walk through the garden of life what do you expect you would see, just like a mirror reflecting the moves of your life in the river reflections of me. "
hes a robot. its like those snakes and **** they use at disneyland, except badass.
Last edited by metalhead56 at Jul 6, 2005,
hey btw, who do you guys like better.. Dave Murray or Adriane Smith? I like Murrays whammy bar skills, and when he palm mutes the solo it sounds so rad, but Smith is pretty creative in his solos i like his style too
Originally posted by The Oceanborn
I'm pretty sure it's not ropes from the roof, just imagine the amount of work before each show and it would also would not work with all the lighing systems which are there also AND produce a lot of heat, which would burn all the ropes etc
I bet theres somebody in it and operates the thing, bI guess it could also be radio controlled?

When I saw them they had two Eddies. One MEchanical one int the background, and one that walked around stage. The one that walks around stage is a guy in a costume on stilts.
My favorite eddie would definetly be the trooper eddie. He just looks so badass running with the bloody flag.
Originally posted by SacrificeMe
hey btw, who do you guys like better.. Dave Murray or Adriane Smith? I like Murrays whammy bar skills, and when he palm mutes the solo it sounds so rad, but Smith is pretty creative in his solos i like his style too

i like dave, i think its because him and steve harris have been maiden from the beginning, and i agree with you on his solos they are SWEET !
I like both, but usually I think Dave's sounds alot better. Usually they're both good though.
Maiden!

I just saw them couple of hours ago, fucking kick ass show. Murray shredded like crazy! And Dickinson was ofcourse as great as ever. He said that there will be a new album next year, just letting you know, if that's really old, dont flame me to death.
Originally posted by MankiiKing
Maiden!

I just saw them couple of hours ago, fucking kick ass show. Murray shredded like crazy! And Dickinson was ofcourse as great as ever. He said that there will be a new album next year, just letting you know, if that's really old, dont flame me to death.

I am truly amazed at how many cd's these guys can put out.
you guys living in uK and USA are so lucky that metal bands actually play there....

i wanna see maiden before i die! thats my dream
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
i think all maiden stuff kicks major ass, but ive come to like the stuff with di'anno a little bit more, its more fast paced and has a harder edge like running free or iron maiden
They say good things come in small packages. You know what else comes in small packages? Unrelenting pain and horror.
i love the old school maiden to, thats the stuff you can really go crazy to , but the new comlex stuff hits me somewere else... and i love that to
i love the old school maiden to, thats the stuff you can really go crazy to , but the new comlex stuff hits me somewere else... and i love that to
Indeed. Usually a few songs on every CD is top-notch. If not, then the whole CD is. Maiden are one-of-a-kind.

One week from tonight.
Maiden + Zeppelin + Rush = One hell of a good time.
I was listening to Fear of the Dark...

Its not a very strong album....was Bruce's last until BNW wasn't it?

I think I used to listen to FOTD a lot and love it but it doesnt seem too impressive now
Quote by MaAal_MaAan
i don't see any reason not to. Although, when i was little, i had a bad experience and pissed all over my feet, i've since improved my aim dramatically and always get in the hole.

Last.FM
can anyone tell me who plays each of the three solos in "mother russia?" i cant tell by ear, and im curious.
Originally posted by narmi
I was listening to Fear of the Dark...

Its not a very strong album....was Bruce's last until BNW wasn't it?

I think I used to listen to FOTD a lot and love it but it doesnt seem too impressive now

that happened to me 2. I love it the first week or so but now i just listen to judas be my guide every now and then. wonder y that is.