Page 4 of 358
^Really...
I always tend to like the stuff nobody does lol
I liked almost all of that album, except numbers 4 and 8... don't even know the name of them.
The power of your example is far greater than what you say.
I've liked pretty much all of their stuff. The newest album is kind of weaker in my opinion, but still has some great songs. They're an amazing band, the main difference between them and most metal bands being that the lead singer can actually *sing.* A step up from most of the garbage floating around here.
Comon !!! a robot can no move around and rock and getting up srtairs as eddie did in Live Sfter Death
=>Fender Highway 1 Stratocaster with Alnico V Holydiver Bare Knuckle bridge humbucker

=>40 Watt RMS Yorkville Traynor YCV-40 valve amplifier

=>30 Watt Tech 21 NYC - Trademark 30 solid amplifier

=>Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby pedal
Originally posted by Cookie Goes Moo
The newest album is kind of weaker in my opinion, but still has some great songs.

It did seem a little weaker, but Paschendale alone makes up for everything that it's lacking
ok, maiden is famous for their dramatic tempo and rythm changes throughout their songs, what songs have your favorite change ups and what songs have change ups that you dont like

like-infinate dreams, well and many others
dislike-fear is the key (has the most rediculas chage up at about 3:25)
"As your taking a walk through the garden of life what do you expect you would see, just like a mirror reflecting the moves of your life in the river reflections of me. "
The change in Murders in the Rue Morgue, when it becomes very fast after the solo-like intro.
=>Fender Highway 1 Stratocaster with Alnico V Holydiver Bare Knuckle bridge humbucker

Originally posted by metalhead026
The change in ''Caught Somewhere In Time'' at 0:51 is pretty awesome

yeah that song = teh pwnage
Quote by greety

Yes we also shot JFK and faked the moon landing here at the UG Metal Forum.
Here I go again with Paschendale.
It's nothing special, but it's not normally used in the metal style.
They use classical music's technique of building up slowly to a climax, letting it all out (there's probably a better explanation for that which isn't as kinky lol), and then slowly lowers back down to it's original tempo. Kinda like going over a hill
For some reason I just that style when with metal.
Paschendale is really outstanding, because everything in this song perfectly fits to the whole theme of the song, I can imagine the young soldiers dying in the field when listening to this song, really sends shivers up and down my spine...

rhythm change: I really love the one in Infinite Dreams, I dislike the one in Dream of Mirrors, the chorus is a bit too fast in the fast part
Die Sonne graut dem Morgen
Morsch sind Baum und Pfad
mir ist kalt...
the change in out of a silent planet at the beging is pretty big
ya i suck at spelling...but ill kill you at guitar..and thats all that counts
Originally posted by d0bbit
why shoudl we lsiten to you... cmon u listen to slipknot

quote:
Originally posted by LiquidX
Clapton is the guy who played guitar for the Bee-gee's right?
Best Rythm Change: Sign Of The Cross
According to Nico it's the hardest song to play
@+
on which album do you think the guitars are at its best?
its Somewhere in Time for me because it has loads of good solo's and riffs
Quote by greety

I like the stuff on Seventh Son... the most, they'd be perfect if being played more precisely
mir ist kalt...
Iron Maiden
Piece of Mind
Number of the Beast
Seventh Son of a Seventh Son

IM seeing Maiden at Ozzfest..............thats gonna be ****ing sick as ****..........i cannot ****ing wait................thinking about it is incredible.............anyone else seeing them at ozzfest or has seen them at ozzfest?

for some reason i get a new fav maiden song.....depends how i feel for the month.........right now i like wasted years..........whats that song about
On the Subject of Hitlers resemblance to Emos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muphin
No. Emos can't grow facial hair, not to mention their inability to invade Poland
ya The Essential Iron Maiden is gonna rock hard
Trivium rocks my pick
Im so going to buy that essential cd
Se habla español

Quote by pinheadslts75
People come up with the dumbest names for sexual acts. And the most disgusting concepts for sexual acts.

I'm tempted to report this thread because of how weird this is getting.

I saw x/taluha get her clock
Originally posted by rhL
ya The Essential Iron Maiden is gonna rock hard

No its not

It is going to suck. If you want a greatest hits album check out Best of the Beast

And after you have listened to that so much that you cant help but try and reproduce Bruce's voice in the shower: start buying the rest of Maiden's albums.

Quote by MaAal_MaAan
i don't see any reason not to. Although, when i was little, i had a bad experience and pissed all over my feet, i've since improved my aim dramatically and always get in the hole.

Last.FM
No point in getting Greatest hits, Maiden Albums are on Sale anyway.

Just start with No. Of The Beast, then Piece Of Mind, then Seventh Son etc. Theyre all about £7 where I am.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Originally posted by narmi
No its not

It is going to suck. If you want a greatest hits album check out Best of the Beast

And after you have listened to that so much that you cant help but try and reproduce Bruce's voice in the shower: start buying the rest of Maiden's albums.

*Nods in agreeement*

Best Of The Beast is the only Maiden Best Of worth getting, but you'll want to buy all the albums after hearing that, so save yourself the time and start now.
I bet there are all those "true fans " out there who are going to buy The Essential Maiden crap just to be able to say, "yeah I have got EVERY Maiden album out there"
I don't understand people who are all about a certain band and not about their music anymore, they only support the frickin record company
mir ist kalt...
meh im not going to buy any Best of cds because i already own every song that appears on that cd i prefer a live album to best of
Quote by greety

Originally posted by Yeah Dude
meh im not going to buy any Best of cds because i already own every song that appears on that cd i prefer a live album to best of

But they are a great way to hear an older band you have not really heard before

I had only heard Run to the Hills and thought it was terrible

I then found Best of the Beast on sale so I bought it, fell in love with it and ever since have been slowly but surely filling up my Maiden collection.
Quote by MaAal_MaAan
i don't see any reason not to. Although, when i was little, i had a bad experience and pissed all over my feet, i've since improved my aim dramatically and always get in the hole.

Last.FM
I agree with everyone who said buy every album, they have like 13 albums (not greatest hits or live ) because you will not only get the songs you would get on a greatest hits but you may find unpopular songs that you will like aswell, and if your a complete loser like me i like the booklets to, cool pics, i just look at them and wish i could be like that, cuz MAIDEN KICKS ASS!!

oh and yea im seeing them at ozzfest cant wait, they are going to steal that show !!!
"As your taking a walk through the garden of life what do you expect you would see, just like a mirror reflecting the moves of your life in the river reflections of me. "
gosh..iv only said that like 5 times on this thread^^^..anyway i think the live dvds are the coolest, i always buy those once i have a few cds, there so much cooler in a way, you get music and some rockin live prefomences..of corse nothing tops going to a consert, its just cheaper lol
ya i suck at spelling...but ill kill you at guitar..and thats all that counts
Originally posted by d0bbit
why shoudl we lsiten to you... cmon u listen to slipknot

quote:
Originally posted by LiquidX
Clapton is the guy who played guitar for the Bee-gee's right?
^I even find some of the live stuff better than the studio album versions, so I try to buy the live stuff even if I have it all from the studio.
ive been listening to iron maiden for quitee some time and they are my favourite band. i wanted to ask if they have any instrumental songs. i love their music.
please excuse any typos or grammatical errors in the above post.

My Last.fm
^and Losfer Words.
I'd include Mother Russia as an instrumental too, because the vocals are very minimal.
ok , today looking in my local media play i found a "String quartet tribute to Iron Maiden" so i bought it, and it is really cool, i wouldent say it kicks ass but it is cool, the way they re-did some of the songs are really haunting, it gives me chills!! songs include
run to the hills
the number of the beast
two minutes to midnight
hollowed be thy name
powerslave
aces high
the trooper
iron maiden
anatomy of evil < original composition of the quartet

but hollowed be they name is amazing, very haunting and melodic. has enyone ever heard of this cd? i love maiden, and have a great respect for classical, and orchestral music, and this combination is very intersting, a good buy for someone who is willing to expand musical horizons
ok , today looking in my local media play i found a "String quartet tribute to Iron Maiden" so i bought it, and it is really cool, i wouldent say it kicks ass but it is cool, the way they re-did some of the songs are really haunting, it gives me chills!! songs include
run to the hills
the number of the beast
two minutes to midnight
hollowed be thy name
powerslave
aces high
the trooper
iron maiden
anatomy of evil < original composition of the quartet

but hollowed be they name is amazing, very haunting and melodic. has enyone ever heard of this cd? i love maiden, and have a great respect for classical, and orchestral music, and this combination is very intersting, a good buy for someone who is willing to expand musical horizons
That sounds pretty cool, Apocalyptica type stuff I presume? I've heard of the 'String Quartet Tribute' albums, didn't know there was a Maiden one though.