matter
UG UG
878 IQ
Hello UG fellows!

As it was suggested by many users before, we've restriced access to submit forms of the columns section. Below I'll explain you why we had to resort to this action:

Problem #1 is that we receive dozens of new articles rarely containing more than 2 lines of text.

Problem #2 is the lack of feedback with those "contributors". Some of you are not logged in when submitting articles. This cause some annoying troubles -- we actually prefer not to post a column, submitted by "Unregistered" user, even if it seems good. When we did so -- the articles "suddenly" turned out to be "stolen" hehe.

We are sure that this will help to improve quality of articles posted on UG.

matter
UG UG
878 IQ
Process of the columns' submission hasn't been changed.
The only thing you should take into consideration from now on is that you must be logged in to submit your article.

And no, this new rule doesn't spread to lessons.
marchoso
Boom
1,393 IQ
Ah, wonderful. Are you guys going to do this for the tabs as well?
Quote by wahappen

This is a guitar community not Romper Room.
SilentDeftone
UG God
1,732 IQ
But the whole point of my thread was mandatory approval by a mod/lessons team member. If you didn't implement that, logged-in members will bypass this forum and keep on submitting crappy lessons

-SD
ibanez-gnr14
Da Poor Man
143 IQ
Originally posted by marchoso
Ah, wonderful. Are you guys going to do this for the tabs as well?

No, every thing will be the same unless you want to write a column. The rules above are for writing columns.
marchoso
Boom
1,393 IQ
Who the hell are you?

Originally posted by SilentDeftone
But the whole point of my thread was mandatory approval by a mod/lessons team member. If you didn't implement that, logged-in members will bypass this forum and keep on submitting crappy lessons

-SD

I would love to see this.

I was thinking an e-mail kind of thing. All column members set up an e-mail account with UG. Then when a column is submitted, it goes to one of the members. They either accept it or turn it down.

If it's good to go, it's sent to zappp.
Quote by wahappen

This is a guitar community not Romper Room.
Last edited by marchoso at Jul 10, 2005,
slash_pwns
I'm baaaaaack
1,982 IQ
What about a Lessons type of thing, same idea?

Lessons are hard to write well, and aren't good enough unless put through the contribution phase.
Rankles
2,481 IQ
That's progres I suppose. At least now we can trace users who send in consistently crappy/trolling/flaming/elitist articles from now on.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Rankles
2,481 IQ
I think this can be closed now, it's kinda tkaing up sticky space.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>