hey i was just wondering if you guys think its safe to buy guitars off ebay? I want to get a epiphone les paul and they go from 200 to 300 american, so i was thinking of getting one, im not sure though, like if it doesnt work when i get it or something...what do you guys think?
I got no job
I got no car
but im in a band:-)

my stuff i got:
Ibanez SZ -
Squire Strat - and
Fender 25R amp -
Line6 Pod 2.0 pedal -
Peavy transtube 112 bandit -
yeah i only go for the people with 100% feedback, and users that sold more than 150 products and stats like that
I got no job
I got no car

my stuff i got:
Ibanez SZ -
Squire Strat - and
Fender 25R amp -
Line6 Pod 2.0 pedal -
there's always that risk when buying anything used from anywhere. naturally, when something is used, it is not garunteed that it won't break, then there's always the fact that it's being sold anyway. Is something wrong with it? or are they just consolidating thier money for an upgrade? you'd get more money for something on ebay than anywehre else, especially if you're selling a faulty product. be wary, i'd go and buy a used one from guitar center before i ever trusted ebay with a guitar... computer parts or something is a different story altogether though
'57 Reissue Gibson Les Paul Custom, Jackson Soloist SL2H
Marshall MF350
Cry Baby, Carbon Copy, Phase 90

Quote by strat0blaster
I remember this one time - Jesus played Eruption on a lute with strings made from the hair of 23 virgins.

It was pretty hardcore.
Yep eBay is reliable, but like you said, make sure they have a secure high feedback rating. I've found tons of great deals on guitars and then right before I bid I realize they have 0 feedback and..well..yeah you shouldnt risk it in that case.
Parker Nitefly SA
Epiphone Joe Pass Emperor 2
Jay Turser Serpant LP copy
Squier strat
Takamine Acoustic

Peavey Ultra 410
Behringer Vintager AC112
Last edited by jojomama68 at Jul 18, 2005,
it should work, that price range sounds about right for a used epiphone...
Later in the evenin, as you lie awake in bed, hear the echoes of the amplifiers ringin' in your head, smoke the days last cigarette rememberin' what she said...
hmmm i mite look into to find a guitar somewhere around here where i live used, but i will also look for some ebay stores
I got no job
I got no car

my stuff i got:
Ibanez SZ -
Squire Strat - and
Fender 25R amp -
Line6 Pod 2.0 pedal -
My friend bought a Gibson LP, in perfect condition, for only $800. It came really out of tune, but other than that it was perfect.

The guy he bought from had 100% feedback but it was only from 4 or 5 people, but everything went fine.
Originally posted by Gopher636
sure, sure, all that works. but in bed, he'll make you a level 3 goblin-wh*re and he'll be a level 90 sexmaster, equipped with mystical leather whips and handcuffs of Merlin.
yeah. you're pretty well protected if you buy off ebay. If you never get your item, and you paid a decent amount, they take it somewhat seriously, but people have been screwed over before. If you pay with PayPal youre insured so if you dont get your item, or if its damaged or not what you payed for, then you get your money back. I bought a guitar off ebay and it worked like a charm.
Like said before look for someone with high feedback and some kind of return policy. the best thing to do is to get into contact with the person before you buy it. Preferably by phone, and talk to him/her about returns and other stuff like that. good luck
Originally posted by MUTELLIKASUX
gittar iz 4 luzers...i pl8 teh CLERINET!!!!!!
Even if they don't have 100% feed back but around 98% and up check and see why they were given negative feedback. Some times people do it for stupid reasons like "Didn't answer emails very quickly" and other things that are perfectly excusable. You could miss out on a decent deal.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
hmmm, like im just worried there gonna sell it because its broken somewhere inside or something like that, but yet again if its the wires, i can get new wires and set it up myself and such
I got no job
I got no car

my stuff i got:
Ibanez SZ -
Squire Strat - and
Fender 25R amp -
Line6 Pod 2.0 pedal -
1:Check if the seller has 99.9%+ feedback
2: check if it has real pictures of the guitar
3: message the seller and ask them how much it'd be to ship to u, provide your zip/postal code too

4: if all goes well
bid
1st ever MOD challenge winner
Rush Club Member #5
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join
Member #4 of The Geddy Lee Fan Club
Member #21 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09 to join
the shipping goes from 20 to 40 dollars, and the guitars come with hardshell cases what im looking at
I got no job
I got no car

my stuff i got:
Ibanez SZ -
Squire Strat - and
Fender 25R amp -
Line6 Pod 2.0 pedal -
bah i got my epi goth les paul off musiciansfriend for 450$ their trusted.
Sleepless nights
yeah im on a buget here so, im not getting it off musiciansfriend
I got no job
I got no car

my stuff i got:
Ibanez SZ -
Squire Strat - and
Fender 25R amp -
Line6 Pod 2.0 pedal -
I bought two guitars off ebay, both were half price.

when i got them they were in pretty good condition, a couple knicks and scratches. One of the guitars was almost never sent, they buyer kept saying she was busy and all this bullshit. but i was persistant, and eventaully got her to send it.

but i got lucky, there's tons of people out there to scam you.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
don't rust people with 100% feeback...that means they can be scammers go for something like 98-99.9%
Originally posted by Darklights
Are you kidding? Of course I've cranked my massive 10 watt drive amp, and if I listen real hard from 15 feet away I can still hear it.
Also, if you use Paypal, always pay with your credit card (or your parents if you don't have one). Paypal really doesn't give a shit about you, so the max money you can get back if you're ripped off is the amount of money the person's paypal account currently has (which usually is really not that much. You're credit card company, however, can get you your money back. Expect a nasty jealous e-mail from Paypal saying you should of let them handle it instead of your credit card company though. What ridiculous bullshit
Hi!

Sig Retired.
^ that is true also...and its so easy to scam on there...PM me i fyou want me to give you steps o how they do it
Are you kidding? Of course I've cranked my massive 10 watt drive amp, and if I listen real hard from 15 feet away I can still hear it.
yeah my uncle who buys stuff off ebay for me, because im 14 i cant have a credit card, so he uses always paypal, hes been using ebay for 6 years, and he has his own car store on there, so yeah, so paypal is it good or bad?
I got no job
I got no car

my stuff i got:
Ibanez SZ -
Squire Strat - and
Fender 25R amp -
Line6 Pod 2.0 pedal -
I think it's KIND OF safe. Like /\/\()() said, people with 100% feedback could be scamming. But usually, you can find some really good deals.
Buy from a dealer who seels on e-bay. There are lots of them who have a lot of sales with very positive feedback.

I'm not sure who has what, but a few of the e-bay nicks
I can think of are: Dr. Clucks, Warpdrivemusic, Grand Central
Music (there are many more).

Better than buying from a person, unless that person has
a lot of good feedback (I've lucked out buying some things
from very cool people).

The dealers are trying to make a living. They don't want to
screw you and get bad feedback. If the guitar shows up at your
house with a problem, they'll take it back, or send you parts
(one did this for my friend).
I used to be a necropheliac who was into sadomasochistic bestiality...

...'til I realized I was just beating a
dead horse.
hmm, i think ebay would be the best for me to get an epiphone LP
I got no job
I got no car

my stuff i got:
Ibanez SZ -
Squire Strat - and
Fender 25R amp -
Line6 Pod 2.0 pedal -
Personally I'm nervous about using Ebay, but that may be because I've been exposed to Ed Roman's scary rants about evil Ebay scammers.

Have you considered getting an Agile Les Paul? I know for sure that you can trust the people at rondomusic.com... they have a solid reputation. Plus Agiles own Epiphones. :P

American Stratocaster + Blues Junior

are u sure thos agile guitars that look like les pauls are any good?
I got no job
I got no car

my stuff i got:
Ibanez SZ -
Squire Strat - and
Fender 25R amp -
Line6 Pod 2.0 pedal -
but do the agiles guitars sound any good?
I got no job
I got no car

my stuff i got:
Ibanez SZ -
Squire Strat - and
Fender 25R amp -
Line6 Pod 2.0 pedal -
ive gotten all my guitars off ebay, and have been forntuate about it just, go with over 99% percent feedback. if they have a negative, check it and see why they have that negative or neutral and if your lucky they could be close so you can go over to the house and actually play the guitar.
and ask the guy some questions about the guitar, age, why hes selling it if it isnt in the description
by buying all my stuff off of ebay, ive saved about 3 grand and im happy with all my purchases
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
hmm i think i will get one from there then
I got no job
I got no car

my stuff i got:
Ibanez SZ -
Squire Strat - and
Fender 25R amp -
Line6 Pod 2.0 pedal -
hey macank.....check your PM box....I just told you how the scam