As we all know after the death of Kurt Cobain in april 1994 Nirvana Broke up,Dave Grohl went on to various projects most notably Foo Fighters and Queens Of The Stone Age.
But i was wondering what the hell ever happened to Novoselic?is he still a bass Player????
All In All Is All We Are

'I dream of a world without rap,pop,dance,techno,linkin park,keane,the white stripes,racists,bullys,chavs,homies and most of all religion' a quote by me..
i think hes retired from music and last i heard he was runing for Lt. govenor of Washington state.
founder of the Yellowcard/simple plan haters and the founder of the "those willing to help rehabilitate emo people into happy people again" and the UG fiend clubs

PM to join them, if u dont kno wat a fiend is, dont ask
ya he formed a couple of bands after that never really went anywhere, then he quit music and started getting into politics.
Member #5 of the I Am Canadian club, pm colen or Mantiscabinet to join
Originally posted by PooKoo
Didnt he like auction himself off on ebay a while back?

he auctioned a lunch date with him I believe it was on ebay. Money went to charity.

Meh, I don't miss him. Grohl had musical talent, Cobain made Nirvana Nirvana, Kris (wasn't it Kris not Krist?) stood there and made some decent basslines but was no driving force and couldn't carry his own band.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
He wasn't a particularly talented bassist I THINK.. Lithium is a pretty cool riff though
Originally posted by jimmeh
I'm gonna try and teach my gf bass. I've only tried once, and we were both naked and still in bed, so it didn't work so well.
Haha. He became a Democrat.
Member #8 of the "I Love Waterbears" club!! PM Phantom lord363 to join

Member #2 of the "I love Mexican food" club. PM frozen-dirt to join.

Machine-gun tappist of the Bass Militia. PM Duff_McGee or IndieMetalhead to join.

LOL @ RABBIT
Krist(yes, that's how it's spelled) is pretty talented. Not the greates, but he had some nice basslines (Lithium, Lounge Act).

There was an article a while back that said he might release a solo album.
Yeah, it is Krist. And I thought he was still in a band, but if you say he's quit, I'll take your word for it.

I quite liked his bassing though, fun, catchy lines.
Quote by Punk Poser
I was called a "cum dumpster" by this kid at school. At the time I thought it meant I was cool.
Originally posted by bequickorbedead
I never liked him, he never did much apart from copy Kurt's powerchords.

if you listen to songs, he only really does that on bleach, the other albums have cool, different basslines in the background.
Quote by ACG

In conclusion, I'm gay.

Mud Sergeant of the Primus Sucks Club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.

"Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join."
I heard he got into politics too. I know he had a post-nirvana band but I can't remember who was in it or what they were called.
"Jazz isn't dead, it just smells funny" ~ Frank Zappa
i think that the reason nothing happened with him is because kurt made nirvana, and dave is self explanitory, if krist were to be more of a songwriter then he could have survived, unfortunatly, he wasnt.
I heard he was in a band called sweet 75 and that didn't work out so who was doing a radio talk show host gig or something like that. I never thought he was to special though.
^He was in both bands, but he played guitar in them. He released some CDs with both bands, but neither went anywhere.
Quote by boba899
He wasn't a particularly talented bassist I THINK.. Lithium is a pretty cool riff though

Wtf? He is/was an amazing bassist with **** loads of passion. Much of Nirvana's music is really tuned down which means it has a great reliance on those driving bass lines that Krist played.<br>

He just diappeared off the music scale coz he couldn't bare to continue in another band without Kurt. Basically what Kurt wanted to do but couldn't.<br>

He's been offered places in other bands, actually i think he did play in a mid-late 90's band at some point, not sure on the name but apparently they were the most un-nirvana-like band you could hear. Doesn't mean they were bad like i think i should look them up sometime.
He got hit in the face with his bass at some award show and was never heard from again
<Han> I love Hitler
Quote by heartshapedboy
Wtf? He is/was an amazing bassist with **** loads of passion. Much of Nirvana's music is really tuned down which means it has a great reliance on those driving bass lines that Krist played.<br>

He just diappeared off the music scale coz he couldn't bare to continue in another band without Kurt. Basically what Kurt wanted to do but couldn't.<br>

He's been offered places in other bands, actually i think he did play in a mid-late 90's band at some point, not sure on the name but apparently they were the most un-nirvana-like band you could hear. Doesn't mean they were bad like i think i should look them up sometime.

Dude, he wasn't amazing, he was okay. And Dave offered Krist to play in Foo Fighters but he said no because he thought people would think they were ripping off Nirvana.

He was in Flipper, Sweet 75 and Eyes Adrift.
I don't really like Flipper but a like a few Eyes Adrift songs
Quote by KileManA7X
You sir, are an honorary genius! Take this badge, you made us proud!
Last edited by Viva-la-mark at Aug 20, 2007,
o_O someone was using the search button. This is like 2 years old.

Ah well, I enjoy some of his basslines from Nirvana. They're pretty fun, but by no means complicated.
I saw a video of him at some convention a while ago
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.
Quote by heartshapedboy

He could continue in another band without Kurt and did several times.
He was never a very good musician, the peak of his music abilities to my knowledge being his playing of organ on a Mike Watt record... that's his peak musicians ability. I really don't think he was a very good bassist or a remotely good musician, but that's just one man's opinion.

But you would think had he been so spectacular, he wouldn't have faded when he was trying not to.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory

Quote by waterproofpie
Quote by UtBDan

But you would think had he been so spectacular, he wouldn't have faded when he was trying not to.

Then again, there are plenty of famous musicians who are terrible at their profession. Fame is a popularity contest, after all.
Quote by RJayZ
Then again, there are plenty of famous musicians who are terrible at their profession. Fame is a popularity contest, after all.

I agree with this. But rarely does someone get the spotlight and lose it if they deserve to keep it.
Quote by casualty01

BA in Music theory

Quote by waterproofpie
True.

Though, even though I wasn't really around during Nirvana's huge success, I get the impression it was all about Kurt. Grohl just made it big because he's actually a fairly talented drummer and one of the nicest guys you could hope to meet. I think Krist suffered from the regular bassist/drummer problem. I.E, no one really gave a crap about him in the first place, he was just tagging along >_>.