would it be better to do this to the bridge or neck pickup?
Guitars: Les paul standard faded(wcr crossroad pickups), SG special(wcr crossroads) Roadhouse strat, G&L ASAT, Mahogany Strat (P90 and SD JB)

Amps: Vox AC-15 w/celestion blue, Vox AC-4tv, Orange tiny terror head, Ampeg Reverberrocket.
What do you mean? You can have the Bridge and neck humbuckers wired in series or parallel, not individually as far as i know.

(If you ask so many questions on this, why is your status UG electrician?)
An Airbag Saved My Dub
Originally posted by cc2003btw
(If you ask so many questions on this, why is your status UG electrician?)

Maybe his day job is an electrician, not a guitar type one
Originally posted by AlGeeEater
Maybe his day job is an electrician, not a guitar type one

listen little man.. real electrical and guitars are two very different things... i understand how the switching works im just asking which pickup to do it on. And quite frankly i dont see you answering the question, so you know what you can do....
Guitars: Les paul standard faded(wcr crossroad pickups), SG special(wcr crossroads) Roadhouse strat, G&L ASAT, Mahogany Strat (P90 and SD JB)

Amps: Vox AC-15 w/celestion blue, Vox AC-4tv, Orange tiny terror head, Ampeg Reverberrocket.
Last edited by Wylde at Jul 23, 2005,
do you mean the humbucker coils being in serious or parallel? i would do it on both, but thats just me. he are some things to consider about coils being in series compared to parrallel. in series you will have 4X the output of them being in parallel. pick ups in parrallel act as a high pass filter and will make the humbucker sound much brighter, while having in serious will have more low end to it. that's all i can give on the subject.
i may not climb the social ladder...
but i do climb the school yard fence.
Originally posted by Wylde
listen little man.. real electrical and guitars are two very different things... i understand how the switching works im just asking which pickup to do it on. And quite frankly i dont see you answering the question, so you know what you can do....

Yes I know what I can do, make fun of you even more because you don't know
What do you mean? You can have the Bridge and neck humbuckers wired in series or parallel, not individually as far as i know.

yea, you can't have a pick-up in series with itself.

what kind of guitar do you have?
then why are there schematics for a single humbucker guitar on seymourduncan.com

http://www.seymourduncan.com/website/support/schematics/hum_vol_tone-w-sers_para.html

its an sg by the way

like i said, he was talking about the 2 ciols. read my previous post.
I can't be bothered explaining it to be honest. I don't like you anyway.
An Airbag Saved My Dub
Originally posted by twelvestringtex
those schematics are so you have an option of doing coil-tapping to get a single coil sound out of the single bucker

it says series/split/paralell

I can't be bothered explaining it to be honest. I don't like you anyway.

Aw shucks you dont like me *runs away and cries into a pillow*

series/parallel switching doesnt appeal to me as much as out of phase, and splitting and different combinations. but you can have the coils in one pickup in series or parallel, and that pickup in series or parallel with another pickup. i would say put the switch on whichever pickup youre likely to use most.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
Originally posted by Calum_Barrow
series/parallel switching doesnt appeal to me as much as out of phase, and splitting and different combinations. but you can have the coils in one pickup in series or parallel, and that pickup in series or parallel with another pickup. i would say put the switch on whichever pickup youre likely to use most.

thank you calum. i already did the coil splits and in/out of phase switching... but the series/parallel is the one that i never really understood

i heard series parralell is better than putting 2 coils in a bucker out of phase.