After some recent f*cked up events happened recently, i no longer can get the original acoustic i wanted-i have to settle for something cheap and decent.

On musicians friend, i came across the Rogue guitars-they were dirt cheap (below 200$), with some good reviews from customers.
I've never played a rogue before, so if any of you can comment specifically or generally about the quality of sound and reputation of Rogue, that'd be great.

here's a list of models i found:
-Herringbone dreadnought cutaway acoustic electric
-Blem herringbone dreadnought cutaway acoustic-electric
-RA-100 D dreadnought (only 50$)
GEAR:
- Epiphone les paul Jr.
-Yamaha EG-112
-S.Yairi model #300 (rare)
-Roland MicroCube
-Recco Acoustic
the reason why they have good reveiws is because people who have never strummed a chord bought them, they are all trash, save up like 500ish and get something better then this stuff, like that article said, buy it once
they're trash? On harmony-central, they got pretty good reviews(up in the 8 and 9 rating). most ppl on that site aren't beginners.
GEAR:
- Epiphone les paul Jr.
-Yamaha EG-112
-Roland MicroCube
-Recco Acoustic
I have played a Rogue bass and a 000 sized acoustic, I think it is the same model as the $50 one you speak of. I find that both are superior for the price, but, I can make no garantee for quality control, I may have just gotten lucky. I would suggest the $50 one if you plan on getting something else in less than a year or two. The guitar sounds quite nice, even with the cheap strings that it came with, nice high end, no booming bass though, a very pleasant guitar, which, if you bought, would likely see action after you bought another, simply for variety. It has a rather large neck for a small guitar, which I was happily surprised with. If you can't wait, I would say it's a good deal, though, I would suggest looking at the similarly priced Washburns on Musicians Friend, I have had a couple of good experiences with those too. Yamaha also has great acoustics for $100 or so.

Also, to the guy who said they were trash, I have been playing for about 6 years, and I have been told by many older musicians that I have a great ear for tone, so, I tell you, they are not tripe, way better than a similarly priced Squire or Epiphone, so, play one, then get back to us. No reason to spend $500 where you can get a good guitar for 1/10 of that.
"Let me tell you something about Rebels, Obi-Wayne. They want you to come get them, they LOVE it."
Like estaban guitars, rouges are known for coming apart.
save up about 2-3 hundred and you could get youself a very decent used guitar with a solid top.
Rouges=Plywood/firewood
You'll be ashamed of your rouge when u buy it and very unsatisfied with it's sound, not to mention you will get bashed by guitar players for even owning one... but w/e its up to you....
A.I = Asian Invasion

Why does Mike Jones always repeat his name? He sounds like a pokemon.
I've not played Rogue...but I do intend to purchase something of theirs for grins and giggles in the future. When I do, I'll give it a review on this site.

As I do not know their quality control, I cannot fully recommend them.

I do want to second what Iluvpowerchords said. You can't go wrong with an Alvarez!
I own the $50 Rogue model you mentioned above and it simply rules. Is it as good as a $500 acoustic? Maybe not. Does it play like a $50 guitar? Hell no. I personally think it's an amazing guitar for that price. I haven't had any problems or gripes with mine and I play it daily. I think there's a difference between cheap and inexpensive. I can't vouch for all of Rogue's acoustic guitars, but the two different models I own are great and I have no itention of upgrading to anything else for a long time. I've played several other high quality acoustics and just don't feel their sound quality is $500 more superior than my Rogues.
Quote by takedown
i was just wondering what types of bands are out there that are consider emo so i wont listen to them...
^what models do you have and where did you get them?
GEAR:
- Epiphone les paul Jr.
-Yamaha EG-112
-Roland MicroCube
-Recco Acoustic
^Yeah, I just got the e-a version and don't see or hear any problem with it. The action could be a little lower but that's easily fixed. It has a very good sound to it, it sounds equally as good as my friend's Washburn he paid $300 for that is just a straight acoustic. But I saved $200 and got a fine, fine guitar.
i own the herringbone acoustic/electric, love it for only payin like $130, of course it wont play like a taylor or anything that nice, but for the price, i was VERY impressed...
is there anywhere else i can purchase a rogue? i found out that musicians friend can only send to canada via bank wire transfer-which my bank will charge me for, and calling MF requires a charge as well, so i dont' think all that's worth it for a 50$ gtr.
GEAR:
- Epiphone les paul Jr.
-Yamaha EG-112
-Roland MicroCube
-Recco Acoustic