whats a good used mesa boogie under $1000? is that 50 calibur any good?
Gear:
Gibson Flying V
Jackson RR3 w/ dual EMG 81's
Epiphone Acoustic-Electric
Digitech RP200A, Line 6 Uber Metal
Dunlop Crybaby, Ibanez TS-808
Guitar Research T64-RS Half Stack
after 15 minutes u havent gotten a response so here you go
www.google.com
Quote by master
Yep. It was my birthday and I was wanking in my room and all of a sudden my whole family came jumping in yelling "SURPRISE!!" I guess they were the ones who ended up being surprised.
GO AND TRY IT OUT YOURSELF.

Yes, I know I used caps there.
Looking for my India/Django.
Originally posted by redwing_suck
GO AND TRY IT OUT YOURSELF.

Yes, I know I used caps there.
i agreee with him try it out urself at like samash or sumthin
Personally i'd say good luck finding a good mesa amp for $1000 or less...even used...unless someone is absolutely desparate for any amount of money they can get. But thats just for mainly the dual and triple rec heads only...smaller combo amps or whatever might be cheaper.
I picked up a used Mesa DC-5 combo amp for $800 Canadian. It was a freakin' steal! The amp is awesome. Keep a look out for deals in the classifieds and whatever other "buy and sell" type things you have in Philly.
I saw a used Mesa combo for $1000 at GC a few days ago. Looked a little beat up though, and I don't quite have $1000. But yeah, it's possible to find (relatively) cheap ones if you look hard enough.
at GC they have a mesa head for 600$ i went there just to talk to my man rob there
Gear:
72' Gibson Les Paul Custom Black Beauty
MIM Telecaster Relic.
Gibson SG Standard
Peavey Classic 100 w/
72' Marshall Spec Ed. 4x12
why mesa? not all mesas are the same, you know. this is dumb. why do people decide they want a certain brand of amp without thinking about what type of sound they actually want?

and why do I not feel like starting my senteces with capital letters tonight?
"The most important thing is to learn how to play the guitar before you get 50,000 dollars worth of complicated gear" -Slash

Not a member of any clubs. Don't PM me.
Try a Subway Rocket or Reverb Rocket.

Do an Ebay search for...

mesa rocket
- Fender, Taylor, Martin, Ibanez, Ramirez, Marshall, Boss, Morley, Mesa/Boogie, Univox, Shure, Monster, Dunlop, Seymour Duncan, DiMarzio, Lace, Sperzel, DW, Tama, Zildjian, and a little Johnnie Walker
Originally posted by mnbaseball91
why mesa? not all mesas are the same, you know. this is dumb. why do people decide they want a certain brand of amp without thinking about what type of sound they actually want?

and why do I not feel like starting my senteces with capital letters tonight?

cuz ur giving in to lazy internet slang.
im a big metallica fan myself. i find my marshall to sound better than anything mesa has to offer this side of a mark2c+ rewired as a preamp.

i dont find mesas to have much crunch as much as a 'thump'. mesa distortion sounds rather like a big wave of bass, with no undertone or bite.

metallica songs have lots of bite, even though their signature sound is scooped.

id say look elsewhere than a mesa. its all just hype and chrome, no real balls ( i know ill get flamed for this )
god created metal. please do not associate satan with metal. Metal is good. pop music and techno are sinful and dirty vices and should be forbidden. Satan gave us this for us all to cringe at and get headaches!
To an extent he's right. Mesa's have a huge reputation, but i dont necessarily think that they are amazing amps. The technology, versatility and build quality is top. Sure, they are cool, and everyone would love to own one, but for the price you pay, and the quality of the sound you get, they aint all that.

Dual rec costs about 2 grand new in the UK, for that you can get a soldano or an engl savage, or even a framus if you're lucky.