mr.lame
UG's Imaginary Friend
49 IQ
ok before you bombard me with sayings that there is another forum like this, i need an answer really badly so i didnt bother to look up if there is another forum like this. actually i dont know if its d fret board that has the problem. i change my string constantly. maybe lyk once a month since i dont play evryday or whatever. but after lyk one week, my strings start to rust. even though i clean them everyday! i thought if there was a problem with the fret board cuz its a very old guitar. i had it for like 7 or more years now. anyone got a clue what might be wrong with this guitar and what could i possibly do to fix it. thanks alot
mr.lame
UG's Imaginary Friend
49 IQ
no. i clean it with a string cleaner. i also tried cleaning d fret board when i change the strings. but i dunno if that helps. lol.
mr.lame
UG's Imaginary Friend
49 IQ
lol well i would not ask what the problem is if i cleaned it with water. lol. hahaha maybe i would do that if i hated my guitar. hehehe.
CorduroyEW
UG's pickup winder
3,338 IQ
some people just make their strings rust. Its from the stweat coming off your hands. Using the string cleaner is a good firts step to prevening it. You probably be going thru strings a lot faster otherwise. The only other thing you can do is use the strings that are coated. Like elixers.
Still doing business but not taking any online orders.
the_blue_guitar
The Blue Is Back
155 IQ
I dont see how the problem could be in the fretboard.. In response to corduroy, you could wear gloves... I have the same problem, my hands sweat a lot, so i make sure to wipe the strings right after, and i they stay rust free.. or maybe you just keep your guitar in a humid place...

P.S. I was joking about the gloves
Guitar with six strings playing
Harmonious sounds made
Plucking, playing ans strumming
The players hands are moving
My life's music played
Harmonious sounds made
mr.lame
UG's Imaginary Friend
49 IQ
yea i guess i should use gloves. since im from the Philippines too, hands are sweaty. lol. but i think i figured out the problem. but i'm not sure if it is really the fretboard. i tried cleaning it yesterday. n i wiped it with cotton n there were brown rusty colored stuff on it. but it could be the color of the wood. yea i always clean my string. on my other acoustic, it doesnt rust that much. and i can tell that the strings on my new acoustic is older. coz when i bought it, it was there already. and i've seen the guitar for ages with the same old strings. so in my old one, i guess i'll just ask the people in the music store here. is it ok cleaning your fretboard with guitar polish?
sandwich_man
UG's raver
1,165 IQ
^ yeah, should be ok. a fretboard is part of a guitar, after all. where do you put your guitar when you're not playing?
Psycho Killer,
Qu'est-ce que c'est?
Fa fa fa faa fa fa fa fa-fa faa

Quote by Paul Brannigan
Pie is like bread, but just with more pie in it
mr.lame
UG's Imaginary Friend
49 IQ
its just in my room with my other guitar and my bass. and the bass and other acoustic don't get rusty strings like my other one.
mr.lame
UG's Imaginary Friend
49 IQ
yea i do all d time. i posted about that in the beggining.