Slow_N_Low
567 IQ
I need help with this. First I need to know how to remove the strings. I know to string it up from the back, but how do the strings get locked in place?
hckfrk38
ROCK ADDICT
2,493 IQ
I can tell you're a noobie, well, I was once too. The first thing is to cut the strings to remove it, or un-tune. Then put the strings through the Tremelo cover and then to the nuts. After you tun eit, the tension will hold it in place.
Slow_N_Low
567 IQ
Originally posted by hckfrk38
I can tell you're a noobie, well, I was once too. The first thing is to cut the strings to remove it, or un-tune. Then put the strings through the Tremelo cover and then to the nuts. After you tun eit, the tension will hold it in place.

When I cut them, how do I remove the nubs from the bridge?
Stinging_Acid
Senior Abaconian
88 IQ
Mine were stuck the first time, I had to just pushed them out. And if you have a little pointy object, that helps push it out too.
-B----a-----l-----y
----r-----d----e---

-I'm From the Bahamas-
jj1565
Officially Knighted
1,715 IQ
this is probably too late but...

unless u know how to set up ur guitar, dont take all the strings off at one time. instead swap out one string at a time.

dont snap a string under full tension. that can really hurt. instead loosen the string first. u can even take it off the peg. then snap off the curled end so u can pull it carefully thru the bridge and out the back.

here is a link. a good way to string a guitar.

http://www.elixirstrings.com/products/howtostring_electricstandard.html
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
JamesGJFX
53 IQ
Oh God , I've been contemplating wether I should change the strings on my squier ( I'm a noob guitarist , bout 9 months ) but It looks so damn hard to do. Yes I know your laughing by now or calling me an fing tw@t but the only thing stopping me is measuring the string up so you don't end up cutting it short.

Listening to : Guns n' Roses, Slash's Snakepit , Velvet Revolver, Snow Patrol and Muse.

I wont die until I've learned every riff in the world!
jj1565
Officially Knighted
1,715 IQ
no ones laughing, everyone started in the same place. ur not going to measure it and snip the wire. what u want to do is click the link i just posted ^
and follow those simple instructions.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
hckfrk38
ROCK ADDICT
2,493 IQ
I'm 8 months into playing and I always break strings. I now know how to string a Les Paul and a Strat. I started buying all these strings and experimenting with my strat and my friend's Les Paul. And took me atleast 2 weeks to figure out how to string a guitar perfectly.

If you don't do gigs, you don't have to change your strings. I do some gigs and practice alot. So right before a gig, I replace my old strings with a new pack.