Page 4 of 364
Quote by Ticks & Leeches
Fair enough,
do any of you know if Tool would tour in britain, cuz i damn hope they do

I actually heard that they were supposed to do a tour of Europe beofre doing anything in the U.S. That is after the new album, of course. Could be just a rumor though.
John Frusciante Club Member #7
That would just brilliant, because i thought if they did tou rit would be around may/june time and thats when my GCSE's are, but i hope it isnt just a rumour
MySpace Profile
If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding. How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

Just got Lateralus . I see people find it hard to get into...man I love it right now, and iv only listened to half the songs. Is there MORE?
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by duncang
Just got Lateralus . I see people find it hard to get into...man I love it right now, and iv only listened to half the songs. Is there MORE?

ONLY HALF???

oh baby....you're jus gettin warmed up fer the encore....
Quote by Junny
And apparently, my body is also starting to emit a foul odor every time I sweat - I can't smell it though so i've just ignored it.

You cant say only half, i just bought it and I am listening to it as we speak.
Quote by justinb904

Quote by MetalMessiah665

Quote by azzemojo
Lateralus is genius. It IS really difficult to get into at first. the whole reason i got into them is because I heard they were good. and i had nothing better to buy, so just bought lateralus. Id never heard anything by them before except a little bit of schism. At first i hated it, and thought lateralus was the stupidest album ever. it was just so boring and weird. but i was so wrong. I actually had to force myself to listen to it all the way through to actually understand what they were going for, then i started listening more and more and more and then one day i had my first Toolgasm. yayayay. It was wonderful . Now ive been completely addicted to them for about 3 years.
Theyre genius.
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
TOOL pwns. Can't wait for this upcoming album!
The Proverbial Mind Spread of The Primus Sucks Club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.
Originally posted by Draken
we're not nerds thank you very much i have a very respectable 40k imperial guard army.
Ok, iv listened to it, thought its pretty good, but I have one thing which I dont think will evert grow on me or expose its genius. Faaip De Oiad is one of the worst excuses for a song I've ever heard, a random drum solo, annoying buzzing and some random dude whining about the government.
Quote by justinb904

Quote by MetalMessiah665

Quote by azzemojo
Quote by musicftm
^word

seconded...
Quote by Junny
And apparently, my body is also starting to emit a foul odor every time I sweat - I can't smell it though so i've just ignored it.

Quote by lateraluspiral
Lateralus is genius. It IS really difficult to get into at first. the whole reason i got into them is because I heard they were good. and i had nothing better to buy, so just bought lateralus. Id never heard anything by them before except a little bit of schism. At first i hated it, and thought lateralus was the stupidest album ever. it was just so boring and weird. but i was so wrong. I actually had to force myself to listen to it all the way through to actually understand what they were going for, then i started listening more and more and more and then one day i had my first Toolgasm. yayayay. It was wonderful . Now ive been completely addicted to them for about 3 years.
Theyre genius.
I've only been on Tool since the summer, but they're one of my favourite bands.

Pure bloody genius.
Yeah i remember my first Toolgasm, i was listening to APC on minidisk and i put it on shuffle it also had Salival on, and on came Pu**** (Live), f***ing amazing! i was like, right, im gonna go buy there albums, and snice then ive been a devoted fan
MySpace Profile
If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding. How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

Quote by duncang
Ok, iv listened to it, thought its pretty good, but I have one thing which I dont think will evert grow on me or expose its genius. Faaip De Oiad is one of the worst excuses for a song I've ever heard, a random drum solo, annoying buzzing and some random dude whining about the government.

Do a little research on the song, and found out how Tool is the most mysterious band ever. Look up the lyrics to that song...found out the date it was recorded. It sucks as a song, but it is one of the most eerie things put on tape (especially when you understand it).
^ tell me what you mean...ive read them before but i dunno what your talking about.
The person's voice who you hear on Faaip De Oiad is a real person, not an actor. The voice is that of a caller who called into the famous AM radio show: Coast To Coast AM (Hosted by Art Bell at the time). That is also the reason why it says 'art bell excerpt courtsey of premier radio networks' and 'coast to coast a.m. with art bell' on the lateralus slip cover.

Sometime during the caller's time on air with art bell, the radio show went off the air. In fact, a bunch of AM radio stations in that area (Pahrump, Nevada or something) were knocked offline (mysteriously(?)). To this day they don't know what caused the technical difficulties. Although, the caller did apparently call back claiming he was putting on a hoax and did not know why all the radio stations got messed up. However, some claim that the person who called back was not the guy who originally called in the first place.
Quote by musicftm
january 17 06

This date is looking pretty good for a release date. I'm really trying not to get my hopes up though. I've been let down too many times before, heh. Anyway, not sure if anyone's checked out the TOOL page recently. It was updated today with some information on the Parabol/Parabola and Schism DVDs that are gonna be released on the 20th.

But also, there's some weird message on there for "Lustmord". I don't know who the hell that is but I do know that Blair doesn't post just any meaningless message on the site. There's usually always something cryptic about it. If you read the message, you see that at the end the numbers 21 and 17 show up. The 17th has been the rumored release date not only on this board but in others as well. And my understanding is that during the last TOOL chat, Maynard said the album would be out EARLY next year. January seems early enough to me. Maybe it will be the much anticipated live Lateralus DVD. Who knows though. With this band, you just never know.
Last edited by TheWretched at Nov 30, 2005,
^yeah....but blair does post some pointless threads. btw, i also really really hope its jan 17 for the cd but i really dont think it is now....knowing tool it will be out in feb, march or even april....im afraid we have some time to wait....im sure it will be worth it though.
the thing is....if it were to come out jan 17...then wouldnt the date be set by now...or at least real soon?
Hmm. Guess it makes sense. Who knows. I think Jan.17th would be a bit too soon especially because there hasn't been any promotion whatsoever. I don't think record labels are willing to just put out an album with any promotion. Anyway, check out this TOOL forum:
http://www.toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=29312

Towards the bottom of the thread, there's a post with information on what is known as of now. Kinda keeps you updated, I guess. So seems like in a month of five sundays we'll get something new...whether it be a release date or the actual release of something.
the saw2 song on the sound track is that pusifer remix with Danny Lohner cause i got the saw 2 soundtrack

cant wait for the new tool album they are one of my favorite bands

Cold silence has a tendcy to atrophy sense of compassion.
on www.toolband.com mjk had something to say about a shirt. then blair said some stuff then he said something about final artwork and stuff, im still hoping for jan 17 realease.
Quote by duncang

yeah....it's not a song, it's another one of their...i dunno, fillers? and he's whining about aliens moreso than the government.
*clap clap*

get Aenima, after you hear that you mightn't whine about Faaip so much. either that or you'll whine more
Last edited by Alucard II at Dec 9, 2005,
Quote by (-) Ions
The person's voice who you hear on Faaip De Oiad is a real person, not an actor. The voice is that of a caller who called into the famous AM radio show: Coast To Coast AM (Hosted by Art Bell at the time). That is also the reason why it says 'art bell excerpt courtsey of premier radio networks' and 'coast to coast a.m. with art bell' on the lateralus slip cover.

Sometime during the caller's time on air with art bell, the radio show went off the air. In fact, a bunch of AM radio stations in that area (Pahrump, Nevada or something) were knocked offline (mysteriously(?)). To this day they don't know what caused the technical difficulties. Although, the caller did apparently call back claiming he was putting on a hoax and did not know why all the radio stations got messed up. However, some claim that the person who called back was not the guy who originally called in the first place.

Here's the other part to it...

The message that you heard was recorded on the talk show on September 11, 1997. Some guy calls in and starts becoming hysterical. He talks of disaster coming, "aliens" coming, things infiltrating our military/government systems, and best of all: the government already knowing something.
I was expecting such a thing to happen. Let them take their time at least with Tool I know the wait is worth it.
I definitely agree as well. Heh, I'm just being impatient now. I've got a few things to look forward to this upcoming year.
Quote by SilentDeftone
^ I agree. Rather wait for a great album than get one that isn't top-notch in a hurry.

-SD
I don't think it takes 8 or 9 months to mix an album thats already recorded.
^ ???

where did that come from? no-one said anything about 8 or 9 months..
april eh.... oh well. well im pretty sure it will be the best album ever so....
At least now I have something to look forward to till april... damn University has taken any other kinds of pleasures that I had before
i just realised that Cannibal Corpse are playing here in April too, so that should be a great month
Damn i hope they don't tour around may/june time in England, i have my GCSE's then, if its during the summer then that would be great
MySpace Profile

Which is your favorite "filter" Tool song ppls mine has to be "Eon Blue Apoclypse" I find it quite disturbing I usely skip it when its comes on because its far too scary..or maybe the scary one was the one with the baby crying in the begining.
Personally I like (-) Ions. Its pretty cool to listen to. Eon Blue Apoclypse is very cool too. I would say I like it second best of the fillers.
Intermission ...tis so funky, and the transition into Jimmy blows me away every time.
Quote by Dogruitag
i think he wants to dream theater to be considered more metal, so he dyed his beard.

Quote by LookAlive
Lmfao, this is the best thread ever, aside from the fact that it involves a girl being harpooned through a tent.
yeah that is so good, but i would prob say my favourite is Eon Blue Apocolypse, i like how it feeds on into The Patient
MySpace Profile

'Eon Blue Apocalypse' and 'Intermission' are my favorite ones. Just love how they both connect to the next track.
Lmao I was so drunk last night ,lol
usely skip it when its comes on because its far too scary
ffs I must have been out of my mind.
Anyways Intermission perfectly fits into the next song sometime I actually forget its a different song