Page 1 of 10
xxadamnxx
236 IQ
im going to say zakk wylde. over the years hes really lost his sense of creativity and his solos and riffs really reflect that.
kilog55
Actijube
134 IQ
Kurt Cobain
Butters I'd rather be a crying little pussy, then a faggy goth kid

Ibanez RG270B
EMG 81 Actives B&N position
Marshall MG50DFX
HumanitysDeath
UG Board King
264 IQ
Jimi Hendrix. I hear all sorts of crap about how "awesome" he is. Or how "amazing" it is that he taught himself guitar.

Whatever. To me, he sucked as a guitarist. Half his techniques, like playing with teeth, he stole from other artists as he made his way through the music industry.

So yea. Jimi Hendrix is definately overated.
Spiral Out
TomD03
(B)asshole
1,665 IQ
jimmy page
1st ever MOD challenge winner
Rush Club Member #5
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join
Member #4 of The Geddy Lee Fan Club
Member #21 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09 to join
xchris78
METALLICA/NIRVANA FREAK!
275 IQ
Angus Young.
posted by RM_MIDNIGHT
I don't know what the **** you people are talking about, I claimed Antarctica for my self decades ago, if anybody steps on it with out my permission I'll get them!
FaultySanity
160 IQ
Quote by HumanitysDeath
Jimi Hendrix. I hear all sorts of crap about how "awesome" he is. Or how "amazing" it is that he taught himself guitar.

Whatever. To me, he sucked as a guitarist. Half his techniques, like playing with teeth, he stole from other artists as he made his way through the music industry.

So yea. Jimi Hendrix is definately overated.

It wasnt nessesarly his techniques that was good, its his style of playing. Infact, when his first album came to the US, warner bros put "Warning: deliberate distortion, do not correct" on the original release.

Really, i cant find any guitar playing that sounds like his before his record came out.
Aphix
UG's Genestealer
11 IQ
I definitely need to say Kurt Cobain and Jimi Hendrix.
Behemoth Fan Club Member #13 pm reed to join
neverserious88
UG Senior Member
29 IQ
jesus....

people always give him madd props, but i've never even seen the guy pick up a guitar
zoo my god.
chums
MetalHead
289 IQ
every one is talkin about dimebag where i live, probally because its still on the news around here, but i would say kurt cobain too
R.I.P. Dime
"Forever Shred On"
guerillabiscuit
12 IQ
keith richards, ya I went there

1. for all of you who said kurt cobain, when was he ever praised as a guitarist?
2. the guitar became part of hendrix's body somewhere between acid hit #1 and #500000
kilog55
Actijube
134 IQ
^well they say nirvana changed the world of music, since Kurt was one of the guirtarists as well as the frontman that sums it up
Butters I'd rather be a crying little pussy, then a faggy goth kid

Ibanez RG270B
EMG 81 Actives B&N position
Marshall MG50DFX
Stryker_66
UltimateGuitaristWannabe
90 IQ
Hendrix was unique

I would have to say EVH for me, I think he's a great guitarist, but one of the things I don't like about him is he sticks with that sound, I don't think he's branched out enough....that is why he is overrated to me.

Remember. I didn't say he was crap or anything like that....just overrated.
"Expect the Unexpected"
crazydiamondII
UG Newbie
161 IQ
Quote by xchris78
Angus Young.

oh so very very true. most overrated ever!!

also eddie van halen...
Quote by jummie
u think i'm just some wanna be, but u know what, i have alot of friends and i don't care what you think

yea? well i'm going home... and i'm taking the ball with me!
SickMetal
I'm But A Wave To...
123 IQ
You have to realize, pretty much anyone who was original and had a large impact on music or a genre of music is going to be overrated. It's just because they are that well known and did unique things at the time.
The Nameless666
UG's Assistant Janitor
418 IQ
tom delonge, all you losers thihnk hes a god, what do you know...jeeze
dont Listen to my friends band at: -www.sweetnightmare.com
-www.myspace.com/sweetnightmare1
-www.purevolume.com/sweetnightmare
ArtistOfRuin
The River Dragon Has Come
43 IQ
Quote by kilog55
Kurt Cobain

Yeah, but was Kurt Cobain really known for his guitar playing? His guitar playing was acknowledged slightly but I think he was really known for his vocals and song writing.
Evil Kid 93
UG's SG Rocker
17 IQ
Slash. He's great and all, but come on, he's not the best guitarist ever. Hendrix is (or was).
Founder of the Official Angus Young Fanclub! PM me to join in the worship of that crazy duckwalking midget with the SG!

"Let there be light......sound......drums......guitar......LET THERE BE ROCK!!!" - Let There Be Rock, AC/DC
*'-'*
UG's Bastard of Christ
1,290 IQ
Oh My God! Its been over a page and no one has put Billy Joe Armstrong. Seeing as he isn't overrated thats good but I was expecting him to cop alot. Kurt Cobain is an overrated axe player, but an awesome musician none the less. The most over rated would have to be EVH. Hendrix is overrated, but not a great deal
Quote by masterohumans
there is something wrong with you that has nothing to do with that instrument you want to build.
Erc
UG's ultimate asshole
670 IQ
Well BJA is universally known as one suck ass guitarists so hes not an option here...

I would have to say EVH and Slash

EVH was great for his time but he hasn't change and slash...well I never liked him and GnR anyways =\
thatoneguy99999
UG's Village Idiot
222 IQ
Kurt Cobain
Jack White
The guys from Good Charollote
Tom DeLonge
-Party on and rock harder than you party-

Originally Posted By Paint

and if there was a band directly opposite of Dragonforce, they band would be ****ing insane.
Creagan97
10 IQ
Quote by thatoneguy99999
Kurt Cobain
Jack White
The guys from Good Charollote
Tom DeLonge

no one sais good charlotte and blink are good guitarists.... and if they do, are newbs to rock.
farcry
1,937 IQ
Petrucci, some of you find him great which is cool. To me it seems like he's just jacking off really fast, it's not that entertaining.
joshsirjoshules
UG Newbie
1,741 IQ
everyone mentioned on these forums tends to be overrated. all i see most people talk about are your typical hendrix, clapton, dimebag, randy rhoads, steve vai, john petrucci, evh...god its driving me nuts! talk about someone else for the love of god!

so yeah everyone there is overrated

by the way has anybody heard of the guitarist james honeyman scott of the pretenders?
Last edited by joshsirjoshules at Oct 4, 2005,
Resiliance
Acta est fabula
449 IQ
^Okay, Antonio Forcione.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Derigiberble
UG's Prosthetic Vagina
2,308 IQ
JIMMY PAGE!!!
Quote by CornLord
Derigiberble would win in a fight against any UGer, n00b or not, just because most people on the site can't help but love him/her.

Get, Get, Get, Get, Get Out And Push.
Resiliance
Acta est fabula
449 IQ
^Yes, definitely agreed.

And Eric Clapton.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Click.
Derigiberble
UG's Prosthetic Vagina
2,308 IQ
Quote by Resiliance
^Yes, definately agreed.

And Eric Clapton.

and EVERY other famous guitarist. They are ALL overated.

dont argue, im right
Quote by CornLord
Derigiberble would win in a fight against any UGer, n00b or not, just because most people on the site can't help but love him/her.

Resiliance
Acta est fabula
449 IQ
^Well you're not that far off imo.

Click.
Derigiberble
UG's Prosthetic Vagina
2,308 IQ
Quote by Resiliance
^Well you're not that far off imo.

i think theres probably a few who aren't overated, but most famous guitarists are, because in the end, talent don't buy you fame
Quote by CornLord

Alucard II
In Spheres of Madness
731 IQ
Clapton. he's good, but he's not a god. oh, and Angus Young.
Erc
UG's ultimate asshole
670 IQ
Quote by joshsirjoshules
everyone mentioned on these forums tends to be overrated. all i see most people talk about are your typical hendrix, clapton, dimebag, randy rhoads, steve vai, john petrucci, evh...god its driving me nuts! talk about someone else for the love of god!

so yeah everyone there is overrated

Hah....that kind of made me laugh....yeaaaaaa

But I don't think steve vai is over rated, infact I actually don't see people talk about him that much....He is popular but I believe he deserves his seat on the throne of gutiar gods.

Oh and Kerry King is overrated....hes not very good at all.

Lets talk about Mattias "IA" Eklundh from Freak Kitchen!! Very creative guy...but this is not the place to do it...sooo.....
notredame_fan22
Hendrix is God
52 IQ
Quote by kilog55
Kurt Cobain

Originally posted by altronataku
i always have respect for retards.

they remind me that i havent hit rock bottom yet.
Gabel
UG's Swede
4,239 IQ
Actully i liked Kurt Cobians way to play guitar. But its really simple, so when people says he is overrated i disagree. As some said: who ever said he was that good in he first place? And i think the overrated is:
Avril Lavigne(dont mind if i spelled wrong i hate her so). She can play like one chord! Okay nobody said shes good, exept for little girls who think she is hard rock(im not liyng they do). And sorry cant figure out anyone else.
MATTTHEMOP
professional insomniac
2,737 IQ
i havent really heard anyone say kurt cobain was good at guitar, so i doubt he's overrated as a guitar player.
i need to get a better signature.