Page 1 of 2
bobjewell87
Cause = time
874 IQ
anyone else liking this band? I've only just recently started to like them but they some brilliant songs and lead guitar work for a three piece. Is their album out in the uk yet? I know they've just released great escape (phat tune) but not sure LP wise. The site is quite lollable as well. link here
rikizi
28 IQ
yes i love we are scientists, although i think the guitar work is fairly simplistic its all so damn catchy! i posted the nobody move mobody get hurt tab, i realise the solo is slightly out but its all around about there so just make it up. albumwise, i dont think so, just the 2 singles so far
Gurgle!Argh!
-
1,444 IQ
out in the next month i believe.

i just find it really surreal that a band named after a capn jazz song is about to go top 40.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
j0nmcc
former B&A mod
1,282 IQ
I made a thread on this like two months ago bob, after i heard nobody move, nobody get hurt.

they're wicked.

i heard their new single on mtv2 the otherday.

such a good band.
jallas
dying is fine
1,802 IQ
Oh man Bob I was about to make this exact same thread
I heard Nobody move, nobody get hurt a while back and kinda liked it, then ehard it again today on mtv2 and realsied I actually kinda loved it.

edit: www.myspace.com/wearescientists
bobjewell87
Cause = time
874 IQ
Quote by rikizi
yes i love we are scientists, although i think the guitar work is fairly simplistic its all so damn catchy! i posted the nobody move mobody get hurt tab, i realise the solo is slightly out but its all around about there so just make it up. albumwise, i dont think so, just the 2 singles so far

Quote by Gurgle!Argh!

i just find it really surreal that a band named after a capn jazz song is about to go top 40..

christ matt, try not to just namecheck any old band. LOL!!111111111 (just kidding babezzz)

Quote by j0nmcc
I made a thread on this like two months ago bob, after i heard nobody move, nobody get hurt.

they're wicked.

i heard their new single on mtv2 the otherday.

such a good band.

i tried to find that thread poppet, but to no avail. Is this single 'great escape'? or a new one?
Andrewbiles
11,150 IQ
They are decent but I could see an album getting boring as fast as that first Franz Ferdinand one.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
RHCPhysco8
UG's 3rd String QB
478 IQ
not any different than any other band out there but hey they're still good.
Quote by trev913
RHCPhysco for the win.

Quote by rmr024
poop? i put it in a blender from time to time

Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.
R_music_fan
J'aime la musique...
10 IQ
Saw their song on MTV2 the other day, very good it is too. Bit of a funny vid as well.
Originally posted by Punkarse
Y'know, I thought this thread was gonna be about the Ministry of Defence. But it's not. It's about wanking. Oh well.
Five_X_Five
Wicker Bird in the Shed.
20 IQ
We Are Scientists are amazing. Just bought the album this Tuesday and it's great. I'm pretty sure you can hear the full album at www.nme.com but I can't remember exactly where on the site... Anyway, the album...hmm...I'd say alot of the songs have a similar feel to them, it's kinda...one-dimensional. Having said that, it is a pretty damn fine dimension. If you like the singles, you probably can't go wrong with t'album.
Member No.1 of Brand New Anonymous. PM MattDaviesFFAF, the_astronaut or ghettohippygirl to join.
Hell yeah! Numero Uno, bitches.
Originally posted by mud
You are the man.
j0nmcc
former B&A mod
1,282 IQ
when did it come out, i want it. xD
Five_X_Five
Wicker Bird in the Shed.
20 IQ
It came out Monday, imbecile!

Just kidding, you're great!
Member No.1 of Brand New Anonymous. PM MattDaviesFFAF, the_astronaut or ghettohippygirl to join.
Hell yeah! Numero Uno, bitches.
Originally posted by mud
You are the man.
j0nmcc
former B&A mod
1,282 IQ
damn right,

ah i might pick it up today then!

Or, if not...soon
bobjewell87
Cause = time
874 IQ
wanted to see these guys in lougborough supporting the editors. But alas, nothing came of it! Might get this album really.
EmO_RuleZ!!
I cry in the corner
276 IQ
I heard "Nobody Moves, Nobody Gets Hurt" or something like that and it gets stuck in my head. So, yeah I think it's good.
Quote by emomints
Green day have to be one of the biggest emo bands in the world (and I still love them). Which do you lot think is there most emo song 'coz me and my friend can't decide lol
tezhall
This one goes to eleven..
669 IQ
Not heard much by them, but a respected mate of mine saw them support Editors in Cambridge not long back, and his advice was to get Editors and give these guys a miss. Since I already have Editors, and it rapidly slid down the playlist compared to Maximo Park et al, I'll be sidestepping these I reckon.
KamikazeCal
UG's Farmer
26 IQ
Yeah I really like them i think I may ask big ol' santa for their album
Cal
Eagles may soar, but cats don't get sucked into jet engines

#19 of Make Chavs History Campaign

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.
supergal1016
127 IQ
I keep meaning to listen to them, anyone know if they're out in the US? Anyone want to PM me some samples of their stuff?
jallas
dying is fine
1,802 IQ
I got the album at the weekend, I think it's absolutely fantastic. I can't stop lsitening to it
Quote by Kensai
Maybe you've heard what the ladies say: "Once you go 77mm you don't go back"
buzzlikeafridge
slanted and enchanted
44 IQ
Quote by Gurgle!Argh!

i just find it really surreal that a band named after a capn jazz song is about to go top 40.

exactly my thoughts! Although I came across a crap post-hardcore band recently called Scary Kids Scaring Kids.
Gurgle!Argh!
-
1,444 IQ
^yeah, i heard them.... horrible...
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
tezhall
669 IQ
Quote by j0nmcc
I got their album on friday. It's amazing.

Well, it's not amazing. But, it's a damn good listen.

Get it.

Quote by jallas
I got the album at the weekend, I think it's absolutely fantastic. I can't stop lsitening to it

Hm. May need a rethink on my "give them a miss" statement here, my tastes seem spookily close to both of yours
ragingtom
Simply The Best
212 IQ
yeah they are great, I have their E.P and their new album, they rule, but the guitar is so easy, but it is catchy
Andrewbiles
11,150 IQ
Quote by tezhall
Hm. May need a rethink on my "give them a miss" statement here, my tastes seem spookily close to both of yours

If you've got iTunes there's a free track on there at the moment. I think they'll take it down on Monday though.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
MattDaviesFFAF
Secretly Ironic
228 IQ
One of the bands that are in the good half of named after a C'n'J song.

Though, there are only two that I know.

And Scary Kids Scaring Kids are rubbish.

So... yeah....

They're good.

Because light strikes a deal with each coming night.
bobjewell87
Cause = time
874 IQ
'it's a hit' is such a great song, i have no idea why i still havent bought this album
vampires
UG's Chav
247 IQ
Great band with great tunes. I wanted to see them at the Barfly with Editors but alas! i was not quick enough/didn't put in enough effort. For a long time I thought the bloke with the moustache was the lead singer and I was like wow! he sounds so good through a moustache but recently I found out is it Keith not Chris (the tach in question)
jallas
dying is fine
1,802 IQ
Quote by andrewbiles
If you've got iTunes there's a free track on there at the moment. I think they'll take it down on Monday though.

I sent him a copy of the album (posted today so should arrive tomorrow) in return for the copy of the Arcade Fire's EP he sent back in July
Quote by Kensai
jallas
dying is fine
1,802 IQ
lol can be arranged, if you ever want something you know I have I'll be more than happy to send you a copy Jon
Quote by Kensai
j0nmcc
former B&A mod
1,282 IQ
w00t.

me too.

hey add me on msn. ill msg you on myspace in a second.
tezhall
669 IQ
Yeah Jon, if ever you need an Embrace compilation putting together then let me know, I'll be happy to oblige
martyr
627 IQ
Is there anyway I can get ahold of this via SoulSeek, or any messenger program from a willing party? I would be most obliged.

Listen to my music here
jallas
dying is fine
1,802 IQ
Tez whatcha think of the album?
Quote by Kensai