Page 2 of 923
Quote by Goddamnit
Definately contenders for my alltime favourite band. can't wait for the new album

Same. The only thing i dont like about them is that they take too long between records.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Quote by Kartman
Same. The only thing i dont like about them is that they take too long between records.

they do that

but I would rather wait a year or two for a masterpeice of a record than have them churing out crap records every 6 months or so

John is an amazing guitarast
John Frusciante
member #1 of the John Frusciante and Red Hot Chili Peppers UG fanclub PM samlynch to join
JIMI HENDRIX
Cardinal of The 1st Church of Frusciantism
John Petrucci
SRV
Quote by LedZeppelin
I despise the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Awful, awful music.

you also hate oasis. do you like anything except led zeppelin? or are they just your screenname because you hate them the most out of everything?
I'm quite a self-deprecating person. - PJ Harvey
I agree completely with aussieguitarman as I think that if they had rushed any of the albums, they would not have become tyhe band the band that they are today.
good in small does,, otherwise they get boring... also ther new stuff is pretty crap.........also under the bridge is one of my favourite songs
satch boogie
Great band, love 'em to bits.

Some of the really early albums were a little rough around the edges, but still pretty good. Everything from mothers milk on is sheer brilliance. Chad was one of the first drummers that inspierd me to play. John is an amazing guitarist, vary soulful and elegant, but can rock at the same time. Anthonys vocals were always unique, but his perfromances on 'califonication' and 'by the way' are breathtaking. And I don't know what else can be said about Flea that hasn't already been said a million times. Probley one of the best and most influential bassists of all time.

I can't wait for the new album.

I see that you're gangster. Im pretty gangster myself.
what do you people think of the hillel period I have yet to listen to it
John Frusciante
member #1 of the John Frusciante and Red Hot Chili Peppers UG fanclub PM samlynch to join
JIMI HENDRIX
John Petrucci
SRV
Quote by aussieguitarman
what do you people think of the hillel period I have yet to listen to it

it's not as good as after that, but it was getting progressively better:

uplift mofo > freaky styley > self titled
"I see my light come shining from the west down to the east
Any day now, any day now I shall be released"

Know any good teachers in NY, especially skilled in teaching ear training? Tell me
Quote by funkynasoo
there good it just annoys me how people big them up as the best band ever because there not i mean greenday are supposidly the best band ever this year and i dunno wtf that is about next year it'll be McFly..... so stupid

Greenday are ****!!! Mint cant wait till April!!!
Chilis kick asss
aussieguitarman- in answer to your question, Hillel was a brilliant guitarist, although being quite honest with you, I prefer John.
New Album is comin' soon!! Gonna Be FUNKY
August 21, 2006 - Red Hot Chili Peppers at the Rose Garden
I just heard the new peppers album is set to be released april 8th next year two disc set as well

lets hope my mate is right
John Frusciante
JIMI HENDRIX
John Petrucci
SRV
Breath of fresh air in the music world nowadays.
Fave songs:
Around the World
Aeroplane
Cant Stop
Californication
Under The Bridge
sympathy for the...
Devil
President of "Beatlemania is NOT phony" Club. PM me to join.
peppers rule. is there a peppers club on UG? if not who wants to join coz I might set one up:P

rock on peppers. thereone of the best bandes ever and frusciante inspired me all the way.....californication was the first rock CD i had, and I love it. my sister gave it 2 me and boy is is good.

peace
Quote by Robb987123Bass
How do I quote someone in my sig? If you look at mine, you'll see that I've failed

██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
I used to really really love them. I still think they're a great band, but I hardly listen to them anymore. I cannot stand Californication, except a few songs, like the title track, otherwise, Scar Tissue and Purple Stain. BTW is pretty good, Midnight is a fantastic song, but I dunno, it got kind of boring after a while IMO. Blood Sugar Sex Magik is absolutely fantastic though. I love that. A lot of their early stuff is far better than their newer stuff tbh. They've lost the funkiness over the years IMO. Their last single, Fortune Faded was terrible. Horrible.

But yeah, they're a good band. Terrible live though. On the Slane DVD they seem pretty good, but like, I saw them in Manchester a little over a year ago, and it sucked. Anthony annoys the hell out of me.
Quote by Kensai
Maybe you've heard what the ladies say: "Once you go 77mm you don't go back"
is there a peppers club on UG?
I dont know if there is one but would luv to join one if you set one up!
man, the chilis are the biggest infuluences for all my bandmates. we love them to bits
Quote by Goddamnit
man, the chilis are the biggest infuluences for all my bandmates. we love them to bits

John Frusciante has a huge influence on my guitar playing.
Those guys are my idols!!! Everyone of them. Flea is f*cking fast and so is Chad on drums. And Mr. Frusciante is a guitar god.

The Red Hot Chili Peppers
©Fleabass5

FreakyStyley
Quote by Fleabass5
Those guys are my idols!!! Everyone of them. Flea is f*cking fast and so is Chad on drums. And Mr. Frusciante is a guitar god.

Red Hot Chilli peppers- certified one of the best bands ever. No kidding.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
I love em theyre greeeeeaaaat as Tony says
Cal
Eagles may soar, but cats don't get sucked into jet engines

#19 of Make Chavs History Campaign

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.
I've said it before and I will say it again:

The Red Hot Chili Peppers are TERRIBLE.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Quote by LedZeppelin

and I have no respect for you at all, if you dont like the red hot chilli peppers dont post in this thread more than once

John Frusciante
JIMI HENDRIX
John Petrucci
SRV
Quote by Fleabass5

spot on, they are gods
Quote by Robb987123Bass
How do I quote someone in my sig? If you look at mine, you'll see that I've failed

██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
Quote by LedZeppelin

Quote by strider_hein
has many issues, you are a god!

Quote by they're red hot
Has Many Issues,
I worship and adore you.
why do ****** do this. They slate chilis but then never say why they are terrible. SO come on, is it becuase they are too timid?
www.bebo.com/Re-Ascension - my artist profile! Alternative Rock!

XBOX Live Gamertag: christophe245

Quote by purplegreendave
I like the way 3 of the tags on this video you found are:
gay anus sex

Not that I'm implying anything - far be it from me to judge
Great band, my favorite album would have to be BSSM. To the guy who said they are terrible: fair enough, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and I'm guessing you just think they suck all around because you didn't give a reason for thinking that. (and was it really necessary to say it twice?)
Quote by Goddamnit
Sometimes I think I might love this band too much

Me too...my friends think that i'm too obsessed sometimes...
Quote by strider_hein

Quote by they're red hot
Has Many Issues,
I worship and adore you.
Quote by 01chardw
why do ****** do this. They slate chilis but then never say why they are terrible. SO come on, is it becuase they are too timid?

have you ever seen anyone be able to explain why music is terrible? it's a matter of liking the sound or not. If it's anything other than that, you shouldn't be listenign to music. If you need a sick bassline, or a cool guitar part, or a double bass drum part, or depressed lyrics to music, if you listen and need something to enjoy any piece of music... stop listening to music. You either like it or you don't. There's few cases where it goes otherwise.

I love RHCP. I hate Breaking the Girl, and the only reason why is the bassline. I watched Funky Monks and heard it with bass doing root notes, and it was catchy and good. And then on BSSM Flea's trying to be melodic and rhythmic and to me it's just annoying. But that's the only song by any band that I can think of as to why I don't like it, and the only reason I know is cause I heard it both ways.

Point being....

"state why"? err... how about he doesn't like them? Hmm, that's why!

Anyways, yes. Peppers rock.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
I don't think LedZeppelin has to has a reason do dislike bands...i don't like a number of bands, if someone asked me to explain why i don't like it...i would just say that i just don't get into that, i just don't like it, there's no specific reasons.

Although he did that knowing full well people wouldn't be pleased...
Quote by strider_hein

Quote by they're red hot
Has Many Issues,
I worship and adore you.
I only know 2 people that dont like them but there amazing, i dont think that there is a song that they made that i dont like... well dere probably is but dere still amazing
Quote by coolfrood2005
Kind of weird cos Californication sucked but then I bought their first album, the self-titled one and it rocked!

I agree in that their older stuff pwns their new stuff, but Californication didnt suck, it was just weaker than their old stuff.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
blood sugar was perfection, their new album from the tracks I have heard its going to be good I think
John Frusciante
JIMI HENDRIX
John Petrucci
SRV
Blood Sugar Sex Magik is the greatest album of all time.
Quote by strider_hein

Quote by they're red hot
Has Many Issues,
I worship and adore you.