Page 3 of 923
^as much as i love them, i wouldnt go that far...
-HEM!
I think that BSSM was great, but still could never match Californication. + I think that LedZeppelin should remove his or her head from their rear end and stop dissing music that he or she doesnt like.
I couldn't be bothered reading through the thread, but has a release date/album title been set?
Quote by MaAal_MaAan
i don't see any reason not to. Although, when i was little, i had a bad experience and pissed all over my feet, i've since improved my aim dramatically and always get in the hole.

Last.FM
I like the Chili Peppers, the one thing I hate is when 13 year old kids listen to them and think their the be all-end all of funk music. They've put out some funky stuff, but people talk about them like Eddie Hazel never existed.

That said, my favourte Chili Peppers songs are probably Soul To Squeeze and I Like Dirt.
Comin' straight out of Compton, with a loose cannon. Smoke big green, call it Bruce Banner.

"Hey son, how many girls called you today? Zero? Oh and how about yesterday? Uh... Zero? Well son, you know what they say. Zero plus zero equals FAG."
The song Crazy Town - Butterfly (Come My Lady) ripped some of RHCP - Pretty Little Ditty from Mother's Milk and made it part of their song
Quote by littzain
The song Crazy Town - Butterfly (Come My Lady) ripped some of RHCP - Pretty Little Ditty from Mother's Milk and made it part of their song

Crazy Town rule!
Quote by MightyAl
Poped collar? How do you pope a collar? Take it to Rome and have it elected Pontifex Maximus?
RCHP pwn.

I don't like frusciante's guitar solo's though. Needs to put more effort into them.
Quote by littzain

The peppers gave permission for them to use that song, and flea taught one of the guys the bassline as well I heard.
John Frusciante
member #1 of the John Frusciante and Red Hot Chili Peppers UG fanclub PM samlynch to join
JIMI HENDRIX
Cardinal of The 1st Church of Frusciantism
John Petrucci
SRV
where'd you hear that?
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
he speaks the truth. i heard that as well. but i forget where...
Quote by ta too tee
I played with Slash yesterday. It was super cool cuz we played some Nirvana and Britney Spears songs. Good stuff! I also taught him how to play Sweet Child O'Mine
i never heard about Flea teaching one of them how to play the bass line (probably was true but i really dont know) but i do know the singer of Crazy Town is friends with AK. he credits him to helping him get off drugs. pretty ironic considering AK was still using at the time. AK first gave permission not the band.
-HEM!
alright thanks for clearing that up don I did hear somewhere on here that flea taught one guy the bassline though
John Frusciante
member #1 of the John Frusciante and Red Hot Chili Peppers UG fanclub PM samlynch to join
JIMI HENDRIX
John Petrucci
SRV
Quote by gimme_fuel_89
RCHP pwn.

I don't like frusciante's guitar solo's though. Needs to put more effort into them.

Dude!!

If you havn't realised, what makes John so awesome is the fact that his solos are simple.
Quote by Robb987123Bass
How do I quote someone in my sig? If you look at mine, you'll see that I've failed

██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
Quote by samlynch
Dude!!

If you havn't realised, what makes John so awesome is the fact that his solos are simple.

simple but powerful
John Frusciante
JIMI HENDRIX
John Petrucci
SRV
Quote by aussieguitarman
simple but powerful

I know - he's able to stretch out just two notes for about 4 bars and it still sounds bedwettingly good. Thats a lot better than a boring million notes in three seconds like many guitarists try and do. Is Mr Frusciante's new solo album out yet?
RHCP Track Of The Week: Funny Face

'QUEEN ARE THE MOST OVERRATED BAND SINCE THE BEATLES' - A controversial comment which I firmly believe.
if your talking about shawdows collide with people its been out for a while I didnt know he was releising and new one
John Frusciante
JIMI HENDRIX
John Petrucci
SRV
Quote by Flea's#1fan
I know - he's able to stretch out just two notes for about 4 bars and it still sounds bedwettingly good. Thats a lot better than a boring million notes in three seconds like many guitarists try and do. Is Mr Frusciante's new solo album out yet?

Hasnt he just released 6 in the last 6 months??

Yes, Imagine how screwed the chilis would be if they had a shred guitarist *ewwW*
Quote by Robb987123Bass
How do I quote someone in my sig? If you look at mine, you'll see that I've failed

██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
I like speedy playing but it doesnt contain soul usually, exception is hendrix though
John Frusciante
JIMI HENDRIX
John Petrucci
SRV
Quote by aussieguitarman
I like speedy playing but it doesnt contain soul usually, exception is hendrix though

Agreed.

Does anyone here have a boss DS-2 and can you tell me whether it makes a good frusciante sound
Quote by Robb987123Bass

██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
Quote by samlynch

Yes, Imagine how screwed the chilis would be if they had a shred guitarist *ewwW*

He might have done - I'm not sure. I've only got Shadows Collide With People and To Record Water For Only Ten Days but I love them. I wasthinking more of his upcoming album called Curtains - anyone any info on it.

Oh yeah and Frusciante CAN shred like hell live - check out Parallel Universe and Throw Away Your Television. It just goes to show how versatile a player he really is- as all his solo stuff is more simple acoustic chords, but it sounds great.
RHCP Track Of The Week: Funny Face

'QUEEN ARE THE MOST OVERRATED BAND SINCE THE BEATLES' - A controversial comment which I firmly believe.
Quote by Flea's#1fan
He might have done - I'm not sure. I've only got Shadows Collide With People and To Record Water For Only Ten Days but I love them. I wasthinking more of his upcoming album called Curtains - anyone any info on it.

Oh yeah and Frusciante CAN shred like hell live - check out Parallel Universe and Throw Away Your Television. It just goes to show how versatile a player he really is- as all his solo stuff is more simple acoustic chords, but it sounds great.

Point taken,
But I meant like Vai or Satch, like a metal speed shredder. If you were asked to name a shredder, Frusciante wouldnt come to mind in most people.

Quote by Robb987123Bass

██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
Quote by samlynch
Agreed.

Does anyone here have a boss DS-2 and can you tell me whether it makes a good frusciante sound

i own a ds2 and it does give a frusciante-like sound but you'll need much more pedals if you want an exact sound. but if your low on dough like me, a ds2 is great for it.
-HEM!
cool thanks
Quote by Robb987123Bass

██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
Quote by aussieguitarman

That is so much bull**** that it isn't funny aussieguitarman.
If you've heard the stuff i've heard, you'd change your mind totally.
Guitar playing is guitar playing. It doesn't matter how fast or slow your playing is, it just matters if you get the message across, or the emotion- if you will.
Simply put, speed doesn't matter, fast or slow.
Just play well, and with emotion.

Quote by samlynch

Yeah, Dave Navarro in OHM.
Eww.
Quote by MightyAl
Poped collar? How do you pope a collar? Take it to Rome and have it elected Pontifex Maximus?
Quote by samlynch
Dude!!

No, so many of them just plain suck. The note selections aren't good, and there isn't enough variation.

Quote by aussieguitarman

That's such a common and uneducated perception of fast guitar playing, it makes me sick. I don't know where to start with how utterly wrong you, and a whole shitload of people in this forum are about technical guitarwork.
Calling hendrix 'speedy' only heightens that fact.

As much as I like the RHCP, and a fair bit of John Frusciante's guitarwork, I just think that his solo's suck donkey balls. Not just because they're 2 notes every 5 minutes, but also because they just don't sound good the way they are.
^while i agree with you that people stupidly glue together speed and lack of emotion, i do love john's guitarwork anyhow.
"I see my light come shining from the west down to the east
Any day now, any day now I shall be released"

Know any good teachers in NY, especially skilled in teaching ear training? Tell me
anyway...do any of you know how i could hear, or at least sample, some of the new tracks off the upcoming album, or what the cd is gonna be called? thanks.
froosh has my heart

You are electric?

You love me.
I think John's solos in the studio are kinda crappy, except for I could have lied... But live his solos are amazing.
Quote by BloodSugarMegan
anyway...do any of you know how i could hear, or at least sample, some of the new tracks off the upcoming album, or what the cd is gonna be called? thanks.

no news about the album name yet, sorry.

has many issues made a website with a bunch of chili video and audio, and a few of the new songs live are there.

http://www.freewebs.com/redhotchilipepperdownloads/
"I see my light come shining from the west down to the east
Any day now, any day now I shall be released"

Know any good teachers in NY, especially skilled in teaching ear training? Tell me
ha thanks for advertising the site...unfortunately some of those links aren't working and my computer is being a glass bitch and i'm having troubles...people are e-mailing me a lot letting me know, that site is getting a ton of traffic.
Quote by strider_hein
has many issues, you are a god!

Quote by they're red hot
Has Many Issues,
I worship and adore you.
RHCP will be releasing 2 albums, one in March 2006 one in spring 2007, all from these recording sessions. It is unknown what the touring will be like, and the only confirmation behind this is that this is information taken from Chad's mouth at a drum clinic.

I found out a little while ago, I shared.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory

Quote by waterproofpie
Quote by BloodSugarMegan
^ cool site. thnx.

...johns solos on the slane dvd were amazing

**** Yeah!!!

I watch the Slane DVD and I feel like I'm in the state of nirvana. It's amazing.
Quote by UtBDan
RHCP will be releasing 2 albums, one in March 2006 one in spring 2007, all from these recording sessions. It is unknown what the touring will be like, and the only confirmation behind this is that this is information taken from Chad's mouth at a drum clinic.

I found out a little while ago, I shared.

yup, i can confirm that. plus, i've heard a track from the next chilis album and it's... quite funky and quite heavy
Quote by ACG

In conclusion, I'm gay.

Mud Sergeant of the Primus Sucks Club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.

"Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join."
John and Omar Rodriguez are to play together

Dec 5th 2005
93 Feet East, 150 Brick Lane, London, E1
doors 7pm

Still unknown if John is to play more dates.

Catch it if You can
Eat lots of beans and stay out of jail. F

"Member number 7 of the official UG John Frusciante Fan Club"
They're also releasing an album together.
Quote by casualty01

BA in Music theory

Quote by waterproofpie