Page 4 of 923
Quote by ilikeguitar90
hey what do you guys think is their hardest solo? i would say nobody weird like me

thinks...........I have no idea what the hardest one would be nobody weird like me doesnt sound easy though so thats one, I suppose to get the feel and emotion of a solo would be I could have lied

just my opinion
John Frusciante
member #1 of the John Frusciante and Red Hot Chili Peppers UG fanclub PM samlynch to join
JIMI HENDRIX
Cardinal of The 1st Church of Frusciantism
John Petrucci
SRV
Quote by aussieguitarman
they do that

but I would rather wait a year or two for a masterpeice of a record than have them churing out crap records every 6 months or so

John is an amazing guitarast

well, john has released a solo record per month for 6 months, and they did all suck.

-chris-

P.S. in my opinion, John only has 1 good solo album, Shadows Collide with People. i think all the other ones sound amateurish and thrown together.

I love every single Peppers album though, even One Hot Minute
<DInkyDaisy>I would so have sex with tauket now.
<SpacedOut>I'd kill to have tauket naked in a bath of warm milk right now.
<Blnkgttrst>Oh Chris, you're what the Spaniards call "El Terrible"
<Jallas>chris you're hot in bed
Dont listen to alice, she doesnt know what she's saying. The capture the real essence of the Chili peppers, you have to see or hear them live. Face it, the Chili Peppers are a live, jam band. In my opinion, the album that represents them best is live at Hyde Park, and also their Live at Slane Castle dvd.

the new album is supposed to be called 'Silencio' i've heard like 4 tracks from it, its gonna be sick! and let me tell you that john has gotten much better at guitar, and he said in an interview 'the parts i worked most on were all the guitar solos, for this album'

it's very, VERY promising
Quote by tauket2
Dont listen to alice, she doesnt know what she's saying. The capture the real essence of the Chili peppers, you have to see or hear them live. Face it, the Chili Peppers are a live, jam band. In my opinion, the album that represents them best is live at Hyde Park, and also their Live at Slane Castle dvd.

the new album is supposed to be called 'Silencio' i've heard like 4 tracks from it, its gonna be sick! and let me tell you that john has gotten much better at guitar, and he said in an interview 'the parts i worked most on were all the guitar solos, for this album'

it's very, VERY promising

where did you hear those 4 tracks? website? download?
Quote by jazkel24

Any bands you're trying to copy/sound like?
Silencio? I've never heard that one, but most rumor'd names are just made up anyway.

It's easy to find atleast 3 of them. The 4th was recorded but I don't think it's in full boot circulation yet.

And Live at Slane < Off the Map in RHCP performances, by far. Search & destroy jam beats out any other jam by any other band, and Live at Slane's songlist blows compared to Off the Map's.

And Froo's best album isn't Shadows, IMO. It's Niandra LaDes and Usually Just a T-Shirt.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
Quote by Hpda5121
where did you hear those 4 tracks? website? download?

live bootlegs from vegas show and others
Quote by aussieguitarman
and I have no respect for you at all, if you dont like the red hot chilli peppers dont post in this thread more than once

honestly **** off already
Quote by Jehuty
Chase your dreams.
Quote by insomniac.29
the chillies are fricking awesome but green day is awesome 2

Mmmm....no....nah....no no....mmm.....uhhh....ehhhh.....nah.....nah nah they suck.....nope....nopenope....no no nuh uh.....yeah.....yeah......yeah............yeah........yeahthey do suck balls.....yeah...yup.....yeah....no....not good....no.....sorry....i tried....they suck....no....nope....not good....not good....just kidding they are okay lol but RHCP is better
Quote by Jehuty
Chase your dreams.
Oh, and when they go on tour my cousin is taking me to see them!!!!
Quote by Jehuty
Chase your dreams.
the new album is called Stadium Arcadium according to Flea. Doesn't sound like the most inspiring name, but By The Way wasn't either lol, and I adore the CD.
"I see my light come shining from the west down to the east
Any day now, any day now I shall be released"

Know any good teachers in NY, especially skilled in teaching ear training? Tell me
Yeah, i just read it on the UG main site, April huh, awesome...still no official word on if it will be a double album though.
Quote by strider_hein
has many issues, you are a god!

Quote by they're red hot
Has Many Issues,
I worship and adore you.
Quote by Has Many Issues
Yeah, i just read it on the UG main site, April huh, awesome...still no official word on if it will be a double album though.

Chad said it would, but you knew that cause I've seen you at the Official RHCP board. I just... mentioned it earlier in this thread and everyone ignored it. lol
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory

Quote by waterproofpie
Oh my god
Oh my god
Oh my god
Oh my god
Oh my god
Oh my god
Oh my god
Oh my god
Oh my god
Oh my god
Chili's new album : "Stadium Arcadium".
Umm....
Gay name....
Quote by MightyAl
Poped collar? How do you pope a collar? Take it to Rome and have it elected Pontifex Maximus?
not my favourite of names mate but it should be bloody good
John Frusciante
member #1 of the John Frusciante and Red Hot Chili Peppers UG fanclub PM samlynch to join
JIMI HENDRIX
John Petrucci
SRV
I think its going to be better than the almighty BloodSugar...
Who else does?
Quote by MightyAl
Poped collar? How do you pope a collar? Take it to Rome and have it elected Pontifex Maximus?
Quote by they're red hot
I think its going to be better than the almighty BloodSugar...
Who else does?

John Frusciante
JIMI HENDRIX
John Petrucci
SRV
no. no i dont
www.bebo.com/Re-Ascension - my artist profile! Alternative Rock!

XBOX Live Gamertag: christophe245

Quote by purplegreendave
I like the way 3 of the tags on this video you found are:
gay anus sex

Not that I'm implying anything - far be it from me to judge
Since it says to post your questions about the band here then i will go ahead and ask. What acoustic guitars does John Frusciante own? Thanx.
©Fleabass5

FreakyStyley
Yea i think he has two very old martin acoustic guitars. Forgot the two names. I think it was like an o-15 and an o-13 or something like that. Just wondering if he had any others, besides those two, and how many frets does he have on the guitars?
Also does anyone know what kind of strings he uses for his electric guitars and/or acoustic?
©Fleabass5

FreakyStyley
Last edited by Fleabass5 at Nov 26, 2005,
Did you know that Flea and Dave Navarro did bass and guitar on Alanis Morisette's Jagged Little Pill album? I thought the basslines on that album were a bit funky for a normal player! Haha
RHCP Track Of The Week: Funny Face

'QUEEN ARE THE MOST OVERRATED BAND SINCE THE BEATLES' - A controversial comment which I firmly believe.
Quote by BMat830
http://jftab.free.fr/gear.htm
http://guitargeek.com/rigview/576/
Doesn't have his strings but does have his gear

That's a great gear site, I went to it a while ago form a link off of the RHCP BBS.

"Stadium Arcadium" whoo!

Still No official word on whether it will be a double album or not. . Still could happen though...
Quote by strider_hein

Quote by they're red hot
Has Many Issues,
I worship and adore you.
Quote by Fleabass5
Also does anyone know what kind of strings he uses for his electric guitars and/or acoustic?

Yea he uses D'Addario XXL i think. I have seen him advertising that he uses them.
Quote by Has Many Issues
That's a great gear site, I went to it a while ago form a link off of the RHCP BBS.

"Stadium Arcadium" whoo!

Still No official word on whether it will be a double album or not. . Still could happen though...

Chad said it would be. and Stadium Arcadium isn't official yet either... I'm believing (and hoping too at that) that it was just a joke by Flea for the video game fans. Arcadium, arcade... hopefully.

I noticed you liked my Tell me baby tab . Check out Mini Epic... I'm gonna keep working on the other unreleased will-be-released-in-the-future songs.
Quote by casualty01

BA in Music theory

Quote by waterproofpie
hey i love the chilis too, in my eyes blood sugar sex magik was the ultimate album of them. songs like give it away, power of equality and suck my kiss simply rock, and under the bride is THE evergreen of the band
i was once on a concert of them in stuttgart and till now i can say that this was the best show i ever saw in my life!
i only hope that their next album gets better then by the way
hmmm does anyone ANYONE at all know if they will tour aus sometime?

John Frusciante
JIMI HENDRIX
John Petrucci
SRV
Quote by UtBDan
Chad said it would be. and Stadium Arcadium isn't official yet either... I'm believing (and hoping too at that) that it was just a joke by Flea for the video game fans. Arcadium, arcade... hopefully.

I noticed you liked my Tell me baby tab . Check out Mini Epic... I'm gonna keep working on the other unreleased will-be-released-in-the-future songs.

"Stadium Arcadium" is official.

Go to their site!

I know Chad said it was going to be a double album...It's just not official yet...Hopefully it will be. I love that "Tell Me Baby" intro a lot...I'll learn the full song soon.

Quote by aussieguitarman
hmmm does anyone ANYONE at all know if they will tour aus sometime?

I know they've been there before...That's where Flea is originally from.
Quote by strider_hein

Quote by they're red hot
Has Many Issues,
I worship and adore you.
just thought id make my point considering im new here!

Chilli Peppers were my first love for a band, absolutely amazing, i have most of their albums, i love their album live from hyde park, really good stuff. id love to see them live, thats one of my aims, to see them live, cause they sounded awesome on the live album!
"Sacre Bleu, Le singe est dans mons pantalons"
Quote by Has Many Issues
"Stadium Arcadium" is official.

Go to their site!

When I go to their site it displays the same red outline as always. It was last updated September 26. I thought it was supposed to be overhalled in November. Where'd you getconfirmation of Stadum on the site?
Anybody goin to the world tour gigs in 2006?

I AM
Red Hot Chili PeppersRock

Have You Twisted A Melon Today???

Member #1 Of UG's True Music Club
PM Me To Join

For those of you who don't know; find out??
duh. seen em twice, plan on a lot more.
"I see my light come shining from the west down to the east
Any day now, any day now I shall be released"

Know any good teachers in NY, especially skilled in teaching ear training? Tell me
the chilis were the band that got me into rock now im addicted