Page 5 of 923
^Same here, Californication was the first song that really got me interested in music.
« »
Quote by sirpsycho85
duh. seen em twice, plan on a lot more.

haha, same here..
they're planning a world tour next year? cant find additional informaton on their website
Quote by Burpin'Worm
^Same here, Californication was the first song that really got me interested in music.

same here, that song.
"I see my light come shining from the west down to the east
Any day now, any day now I shall be released"

Know any good teachers in NY, especially skilled in teaching ear training? Tell me
californacation was the first song i learned on the guitar
I'd just like to say, I'm now a mod at the official RHCP forums.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
^well bully for you^

the first chili peppers song I learnt was otherside
Quote by Robb987123Bass
How do I quote someone in my sig? If you look at mine, you'll see that I've failed

██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
Quote by samlynch
^well bully for you^

the first chili peppers song I learnt was otherside

same here, easy song but sounds awesome
Quote by UtBDan
I'd just like to say, I'm now a mod at the official RHCP forums.

I can't join the forums...

I signed up like 3 months ago and the status of my account is still "awaiting approval"

I wonder if its due to the site changes they aren't taking any newcomers.
RHCP are amazing, I read Anthony Kiedes autobiography, its awsome, thir song cabron was the first song i learnt on the guitar. They are ****in* awsome
Quote by Yertle
I can't join the forums...

I signed up like 3 months ago and the status of my account is still "awaiting approval"

I wonder if its due to the site changes they aren't taking any newcomers.

when's the last time you tried to log in? Log in with what you tried to register with and if that doesnt' work, try registering again.

It took me 4-6 months to get processed, but look at me now? lol

Registration was closed until December 18th I think. There's a post it on the board saying "registration is now open" from some time in the past 2 weeks.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory

Quote by waterproofpie
is leverage of space gonna be on the new album(s)?
Quote by trev913
RHCPhysco for the win.

Quote by rmr024
poop? i put it in a blender from time to time

Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.
A Few of the 25 songs that are gonna be on Stadium Arcadium:
Danni California(From By the Way; Danni the girl singing songs to me beneath the marquee...),Charlie,Desecration Smile, Stadium Arcadium,Hard to Concentrate,Only 18,Tell Me Baby,Ready Made, and 21st Century
Thats all I got.
Quote by Rorybondman13
They are my favourite band and have been since the first time I heard them. They seemed to get better and better with every new release. Then after the bst album ever (Californication) they made by the way. I still like by the way but compared to californication, it felt a bit timid. Also does anybody know when the new album will be appearing. I have heard talks of it being delayed? Any opinions on any of these things welcome!

============================================
LazyEdit:

Use this thread to ask any Chilis based questions, discuss their new album, generally discuss etc. It's essentially an ONLY thread.

Love the peppers man
and i did not really know that they where going to make a new album after greatest hits but sure hope that they do.
Quote by RHCPhysco8
is leverage of space gonna be on the new album(s)?

no, neither is Mini Epic or Rolling Sly Stone. Desecration Smile, Tell me baby, ready made, and for the 21st century are songs that have been played live that will be.

The first single will be "Dani California". Looks like its released May 8th in UK, May 9th in US. Also note that there seems to be a Woodstock 1994 and Beyond RHCP DVD to be released on January 31st.

That's all I got. lol
Quote by casualty01

BA in Music theory

Quote by waterproofpie
Off topic.. but what is the effect John uses in the solo in "Throw away your Television"?

Oh and yes I can't wait for the new album, the chilis are amazing I've watched live at slane castle 20 times and I'm still not bored of it.
And skins appalling petals...
"It's heavy, but it's emotionally heavy with lots of beautiful melodies." - Anthony Kiedis

Holing up in producer Rick Rubin's Los Angeles mansion in mid-2004, a spurt of "good energy" saw them writing 38 songs. "We all contributed equally," says Kiedis. "That hasn't always been the case in the past."

Originally planning to put out three seperate albums, they instead opted for one 24-track double. Tracks set to appear include Snow (Kiedis: "About having a blank state to start your life over"), Animal Bar and Wet Sand ("About a complicated, dysfunctional woman I've fallen in love with").

The first single is Dani California, described by Kiedis as "warm, funky, with an uplifting chorus." It picks up the story of a character introduced in the title track of 2002's By The Way.

"This is where she meets her demise", he says. "There's something beautiful about things gone wrong. But it isn't a depressing record. It's actually all about the joy of dysfunction."

Expected: May

Some tracks on the record: Hard To Concentrate, Desecration Smile, Charlie, Snow and Stadium Arcadium.
Quote by strider_hein
has many issues, you are a god!

Quote by they're red hot
Has Many Issues,
I worship and adore you.
Last edited by Has Many Issues at Dec 25, 2005,
Really, who doesn't love the Chilis?
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Me.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
i love the chilis but i didnt really like by the way the album. can't stop and by the way were amazing songs but i didnt really like da rest of the album. i would really liek them to get back into the older stuff they played. they were the best funk band of all time.
Quote by LedZeppelin
Me.

any particular reasons...?
Quote by BostonLacrosse
happy birthday

i got you a *reported*
May 9th for USA, May 8th for UK. Double album. Called stadium arcadium. 25 songs.

Preceeded by Woodstock 94 and beyond DVD (thus far only announced in UK) on January 31st.

Official. From two interviews. Dates aren't official but are the release calendars of 2 websites each (notably amazon and play).
Quote by casualty01

BA in Music theory

Quote by waterproofpie
^w00t! its comin out in the UK before the US and a double album, could it get any better?
Quote by BostonLacrosse
happy birthday

i got you a *reported*
Quote by UtBDan
no, neither is Mini Epic or Rolling Sly Stone. Desecration Smile, Tell me baby, ready made, and for the 21st century are songs that have been played live that will be.

The first single will be "Dani California". Looks like its released May 8th in UK, May 9th in US. Also note that there seems to be a Woodstock 1994 and Beyond RHCP DVD to be released on January 31st.

That's all I got. lol

ok thats cool but i heard the album was comin out in april like 20 times, soo why would the single come out later??
froosh has my heart

You are electric?

You love me.
Delayed again!
Snap shizzle, that sucks.
But its going to be worth the wait.

I heard that it was metal influenced, is that true?
Quote by MightyAl
Poped collar? How do you pope a collar? Take it to Rome and have it elected Pontifex Maximus?
from the 4 songs I've heard on it...

No. Not really. Maybe Froo's soloing is a bit "medal" but even that is a bit extreme. He said he feels he's taking more Hendrix-like solos with this one (his opinion), the 4 songs I've heard have him taking a couple typical Froo style ones, you could say they're more Hendrix influenced but I think the only reason you would say that would be to agree with him, not to point it out. Like, if you didn't hear or read the quote of him saying that, you wouldn't just say, HEY, THIS IS VERY HENDRIX-LIKE; but if you did read the quote you'll be like oooh yes... yes that is Hendrixian.

One of the songs is very Jane's Addiction bass-wise, but ofcourse AK and John do something very RHCP over it. And I think that's the one with the rap break in it. lol. I like it, a lot of people say it sucks because its not typical RHCP I guess... That song is "Ready made".

Another of the songs is an acoustic. I haven't listened to it an a while, the studio version may not be acoustic but the only boot of it is acoustic from the Bridge School Benefit last year. That song is "Desecration Smile".

A third song is "For the 21st Century". That song is good, played the same time as Ready made on Vegas last year.

The fourth song is "Tell me baby". This is my favorite of the new ones. Its the funkiest thing I've heard from them since BSSM (excluding maybe Rolling Sly Stone. maybe.)

Quote by deusexbass2150
^w00t! its comin out in the UK before the US and a double album, could it get any better?

the US date is an assumption while the UK date is fact, so even that might be not true. May 8th for the UK is certain, but the US release dates are Tuesdays, meaning its most likely May 9th.
It very well could be May 2nd though.
Quote by casualty01

BA in Music theory

Quote by waterproofpie
all of the information can be found in the new issue of NME

there are already scans of it released...
-HEM!
Quote by UtBDan
from the 4 songs I've heard on it...

sorry if this has been asked before but where did you hear these songs?

It very well could be May 2nd though.

Well there goes my dream
Oh well I'm still pretty excited
Quote by BostonLacrosse
happy birthday

i got you a *reported*
bootlegs is where I heard them. I said which concerts in the last post with most (Bridge school benefit, Amsterjam, Vegas)
Quote by casualty01

BA in Music theory

Quote by waterproofpie
So I haven't heard Desecration Smile yet... is it good?

I've got the other three bootlegs, all awesome... maybe I'll check limewire, lol.
Gear
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster | Fender Deluxe Reverb
Jaguar | Stratocaster | Telecaster | Jazzmaster
'Desecration Smile' is pretty good but my favorite is 'Tell Me Baby'
-HEM!
Yeah, I just got it off of Limewire... pretty good. I'm liking the sound of this album.
Gear
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster | Fender Deluxe Reverb
Jaguar | Stratocaster | Telecaster | Jazzmaster
yeah tell me baby is my favorite too. I love the bassline and the guitar and how they match up and AHHH I love the song. lol
Quote by casualty01

BA in Music theory

Quote by waterproofpie
Quote by UtBDan
yeah tell me baby is my favorite too. I love the bassline and the guitar and how they match up and AHHH I love the song. lol

John Frusciante
member #1 of the John Frusciante and Red Hot Chili Peppers UG fanclub PM samlynch to join
JIMI HENDRIX
Cardinal of The 1st Church of Frusciantism
John Petrucci
SRV
For The 21st Century and Tell Me Baby.
What top class songs those two are.
Ready Made.
Pretty good, but... I'll just leave it at that.
Desecration Smile.
Freakin' Awesome.

Why oh why didn't they put Mini-Epic on, its such an awesome song!
But, how hard is this record going to rock? Its definitely going to be awesome.
I'm loving the Chili's right now, and "Dani California" is going to be awesome, I swear.
But, why the hell did they call it "Stadium Arcadium"?
Oh well.
Can't have everything.

Edit: Tell Me Baby is great!
Quote by MightyAl
Poped collar? How do you pope a collar? Take it to Rome and have it elected Pontifex Maximus?
Quote by Fleabass5
R u sure about that? ^^

Sure about what?
Quote by MightyAl