i want a pickup that will scream louder than the voices in my head and i was wondering should i choose the Dimarzio X2N or the Seymour Duncan Invader?
Quote by Vermintide
In Soviet Russia, bar searches YOU!!!

^if you're only going to pick between those two, the x2n, for electrik's reasoning

but i recommend you look into the swineshead xbucker, and bareknuckle warpig, miracle man and nailbomb

the kent armstrong motherbucker would be worth a look too!
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Well, if you're only looking at those 2 pick-ups, then I'd suggest the x2n (I've only tried it once, but it wasn't bad). It's got a really thrash metal style tone. If that's your thing, then it's a great pick-up. I found that it wasn't so great for playing lead. I don't like the Invader.
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join
im pretty much looking for an incredibly agressive lead pickup but i dont really like emgs so any very high out pickup thats not active would be appreicated
Quote by Vermintide
In Soviet Russia, bar searches YOU!!!

if you're willing to look at other companies (and i think you should! ), look into the swineshead xbucker (i don't have this, but i have some of their other pickups, and they'r excellent), the bareknuckle warpig, nailbomb and miracle man, and the kent armstrong motherbucker.

EDIT: the xbucker is meant to sound like an emg (as is the warpig), but they're passive, and i think they're meant to be better
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Quote by Dave_Mc
^if you're only going to pick between those two, the x2n, for electrik's reasoning

but i recommend you look into the swineshead xbucker, and bareknuckle warpig, miracle man and nailbomb

the kent armstrong motherbucker would be worth a look too!

Could you tell me more about the warpig please?
Quote by Dave_Mc
EDIT: the xbucker is meant to sound like an emg (as is the warpig), but they're passive, and i think they're meant to be better

i also think their supposed to be much more transparent than emgs.
TEEP!!! Oiiiiiiieeeeeeeyyy!!!!!!
like dave said, the xbucker. it packs some seroius punch.
Quote by drevil814
Be a man and tell her off. If that doesn't work, a roundhouse kick to the face will.

Quote by flesh fries
im not racist....ive got a color tv
Quote by Camakazie
Could you tell me more about the warpig please?

not really, i've never tried it!

d man is the guy to ask about the warpig, he's very helpful, he has one, and an xbucker, and an emg 81, i suggest you pm him (and mention my name, he should reply if you namedrop me )

Quote by crownegamers

Quote by dspellman

well, i haven't tried the xbucker, but from what i've heard, think emg 81

the warthog is more like kind of a cross between a dimarzio tone zone and paf pro (more like a tone zone, though- think a tone zone that's not as muddy, and which has better clarity- and maybe not just as much bass)
Quote by crownegamers

Quote by dspellman