ac/dc_freak91
UGs official groundkeeper
711 IQ
i want a pickup that will scream louder than the voices in my head and i was wondering should i choose the Dimarzio X2N or the Seymour Duncan Invader?
Quote by Vermintide
In Soviet Russia, bar searches YOU!!!

electrik
1,264 IQ
x2n cuz the invader blows serious amount of ass.
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
^if you're only going to pick between those two, the x2n, for electrik's reasoning

but i recommend you look into the swineshead xbucker, and bareknuckle warpig, miracle man and nailbomb

the kent armstrong motherbucker would be worth a look too!
Quote by classicrocker01
Only on UG would I say I got engaged and bought a jet city and get congratulated on the amp

nic_2090
One among the fence...
299 IQ
Well, if you're only looking at those 2 pick-ups, then I'd suggest the x2n (I've only tried it once, but it wasn't bad). It's got a really thrash metal style tone. If that's your thing, then it's a great pick-up. I found that it wasn't so great for playing lead. I don't like the Invader.
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join
ac/dc_freak91
UGs official groundkeeper
711 IQ
im pretty much looking for an incredibly agressive lead pickup but i dont really like emgs so any very high out pickup thats not active would be appreicated
Quote by Vermintide
In Soviet Russia, bar searches YOU!!!

Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
if you're willing to look at other companies (and i think you should! ), look into the swineshead xbucker (i don't have this, but i have some of their other pickups, and they'r excellent), the bareknuckle warpig, nailbomb and miracle man, and the kent armstrong motherbucker.

EDIT: the xbucker is meant to sound like an emg (as is the warpig), but they're passive, and i think they're meant to be better
Quote by classicrocker01
Only on UG would I say I got engaged and bought a jet city and get congratulated on the amp

Camakazie
Banned
250 IQ
Quote by Dave_Mc
^if you're only going to pick between those two, the x2n, for electrik's reasoning

but i recommend you look into the swineshead xbucker, and bareknuckle warpig, miracle man and nailbomb

the kent armstrong motherbucker would be worth a look too!

Could you tell me more about the warpig please?
Neon Knight
727 IQ
Quote by Dave_Mc
EDIT: the xbucker is meant to sound like an emg (as is the warpig), but they're passive, and i think they're meant to be better

i also think their supposed to be much more transparent than emgs.
TEEP!!! Oiiiiiiieeeeeeeyyy!!!!!!
BlinkBlinkBlink
UG's Only Member Above 30
317 IQ
like dave said, the xbucker. it packs some seroius punch.
Quote by drevil814
Be a man and tell her off. If that doesn't work, a roundhouse kick to the face will.

Quote by flesh fries
im not racist....ive got a color tv
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
Quote by Camakazie
Could you tell me more about the warpig please?

not really, i've never tried it!

d man is the guy to ask about the warpig, he's very helpful, he has one, and an xbucker, and an emg 81, i suggest you pm him (and mention my name, he should reply if you namedrop me )

Quote by classicrocker01

electrik
1,264 IQ
How do the Swineshead Xbucker and Warthog compare to each other?
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
well, i haven't tried the xbucker, but from what i've heard, think emg 81

the warthog is more like kind of a cross between a dimarzio tone zone and paf pro (more like a tone zone, though- think a tone zone that's not as muddy, and which has better clarity- and maybe not just as much bass)
Quote by classicrocker01