Page 1 of 127
I searched and didn't find any Nile threads, which I decided was sheer blasphemy. So yeah Nile pretty much owns. Discuss away.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Nile > Humanity.

One of my favorite metal bands at the moment. AotW is such a freakin' awesome album, but my favorite song still has to be Execration Text... great stuff man
Quote by zachbino57
CSguitarvocal is correct as usual, pepsi tastes much better out of a can.

Quote by TWISTEDFender
And CSguitarvocal for teh win.
Yay for the monthly Nile thread.

But they deserve it because they rule. Execration Text is probably my favourite too, maybe Unas or Cast Down The Heretic.
Unus, slayer of the gods

I only have Black Seeds and a few odd songs, but they're one of the only DM bansd I like.
Originally posted by Novaworld
Smiddys right...
Quote by CSguitarvocal
but my favorite song still has to be Execration Text...

Posted By Joth
BassyJoey has a sweet toosh!
Come on, people!!!
Black seeds of vengeance:
Short, sweet very egyptian intro
2 absolutely killer brutal songs
Short, slower, but still cool song
The best Nile instrumental ever
The best Nile Song ever
2 Short brutal songs (the first of which has such a cool intro)
****ing heavy song with a nice and catchy sing-along chorus
The best Nile epic ever
Nice creepy atmospheric instrumental
Mezmerizing outro

What more could you want?
THE TREND IS OVER
YOU WON'T NEED THAT ANYMORE
ITS ON SALE AT THE FUCKING DOLLAR STORE
Well, a bit, but the choruses in the song are super dooper egyptian, something Unas totally missed out on.

I'm not knocking Unas, but it's not as good as people seem to feel it is imo.

EDIT: I just noticed, those idiotic raspy vocals return on Unas... at about 9:10. A bit cheesy for Nile haha
THE TREND IS OVER
YOU WON'T NEED THAT ANYMORE
ITS ON SALE AT THE FUCKING DOLLAR STORE
I need to get Annihilation of the Wicked, i've got Black Seends of Vengeance and In Their Darkened Shrines, they both rule.
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
Now when people say "Congratulations, I heard you just had a baby" you can say "Thanks! It was delicious."

/#1 reason for having a kid.

PSN: YosemiteSam13
Quote by reed
EDIT: I just noticed, those idiotic raspy vocals return on Unas... at about 9:10. A bit cheesy for Nile haha

UNNASS HATTTHH TAKKEN POSSESSION OF THE HEARTS OF THE GODSSS!!

Your right that is pure cheese.
Quote by reed
Come on, people!!!
Black seeds of vengeance:
Short, sweet very egyptian intro
2 absolutely killer brutal songs
Short, slower, but still cool song
The best Nile instrumental ever
The best Nile Song ever
2 Short brutal songs (the first of which has such a cool intro)
****ing heavy song with a nice and catchy sing-along chorus
The best Nile epic ever
Nice creepy atmospheric instrumental
Mezmerizing outro

What more could you want?

Barra Edinazzu
Cast Down The Heretic
Von Unaussprechlichen Kulten
Lashed To The Slave Stick

Annihilation is actually full of kickass metal (so are the others, but Annihilation is just straight up brutality )
Also - Sss Haa Set Yoth the Japanese bonus track is pretty ****ing cool
Quote by MaAal_MaAan
i don't see any reason not to. Although, when i was little, i had a bad experience and pissed all over my feet, i've since improved my aim dramatically and always get in the hole.

Last.FM
Incredible fucking band. Annihilation's a great album, pure brutality for the most part. The only thing about that is that I felt it kind of left out the softer Egyptian moments for the br00tal moments. Still a killer album.

They're all great records.
Last edited by SickMetal at Oct 20, 2005,
awesome band, i love everything about them
Last edited by j1mi_h3ndrix at Jan 31, 2006,
I've only heard one song (Sacrifice Unto Sebek), but it was friggin' awesome, so I might get Annihilation Of The Wicked.

(or, as I like to call it, A-NILE-ation Of The Wicked. )
Nile is great, im in love with the guitar Karl Sanders use on the Sacrifice Unto Sebek video.
- Treat people the way you would like to be treated.
- Don't do to others what you wouldn't like others to do to you.
- Live and let live.
- Always tell the truth.
- If someone looks at you, just give them a nice smile they won't soon forget
I love the way Karl Sanders only does the real deep vocals and interjects them in such random places. Like in one song (the name escapes me) he comes in the middle of the word Ishtar with the brutal line .....TARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
Quote by SorrowIsMe
Nile is great, im in love with the guitar Karl Sanders use on the Sacrifice Unto Sebek video.

Thats a KXK custom. I may get it.
Just out of curiosity, what does that necklace that he wears signify (the one that looks like a cross with an oval at the top)
Steel instruments shine in
A lively light of green substance
Dead or alive
Bodies and souls are waiting for the contact with these macabre tools
They are only creations made alive
Ankh.

Symbol for life.

Nas Akhu Khan She En Asbiu

I just realized how cool it would be to go to a pep rally and start the whole school chanting, "Khetti... Satha... Shemsuuu..."
Kein Engel kommt um euch zu rächen...

Quote by Spynal
I think I speak for the entire metal forum when I say it is an absolute HONOR to have you on these forums Mr. Vikernes.
Last edited by NAME GOES HERE at Oct 20, 2005,
Quote by reed
Well, a bit, but the choruses in the song are super dooper egyptian, something Unas totally missed out on.

I'm not knocking Unas, but it's not as good as people seem to feel it is imo.

Are you kidding me? That's possibly the best part of the whole song!
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
I enjoy the In Their Darkened Shrines Songs (the last 4 on thge album). Totally kick ass.
Darkness Is Growing, Eternity Opens
The Cememtary Lights Up Again
As In Ancient Times
Fallen Souls Die Behind My Steps
By Following The Freezing Moon
Quote by dead_shall_rise
Lashed To The Slave Stick and exceration text are my favoite songs. I love the intro riff to lashed

Hell yeah

Quote by MaAal_MaAan
i don't see any reason not to. Although, when i was little, i had a bad experience and pissed all over my feet, i've since improved my aim dramatically and always get in the hole.

Last.FM
Black Seeds Of Vengeance remains my favourite, with Masturbating The War God, my favourite song, (I think i'm slightly biased by the title)
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by NAME GOES HERE

I just realized how cool it would be to go to a pep rally and start the whole school chanting, "Khetti... Satha... Shemsuuu..."

I'd like to see the cheerleaders match the low growls
Originally posted by Novaworld
Smiddys right...
Quote by DeathLegionaire
I love the way Karl Sanders only does the real deep vocals and interjects them in such random places. Like in one song (the name escapes me) he comes in the middle of the word Ishtar with the brutal line .....TARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Karl Sanders is almost as lazy with on the mic pronounciation as Lord Worm.

Example - Cast Down The Heretic:

Dallas:Blasphemer, Heretic, Defiler of the Sacred Ones. Thou art Deprived of Your Limbs

Jon: Thy Nose Shall be Split. Thou art Cast Down and Overthrown

Karl: UGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nile are amazing, karl sanders sounds like that kfc chicken guy (the name karl sanders).
^ Ha, I never though of that but you're right.

Oh, so in the In Their Darkened Shrines lyrics booklet, it says that the last track (Ruins) has lyrics. The lyrics that are in the booklet are amazing and very poetic, but I don't hear any vocals in the song...?
Quote by HuckIt
It doesn't have any vocals, its just an affectation to give an instrumental lyrics, they did the same with the first sobg in the medley.

Colonel Karl Sanders: YOUR CHICKENNSS SHALLL BE CONSUMED IN THE DESSSEEERRTTT!!!

^ Actually, in Hall of Saurian Entombment, there's a dude chanting in Egyptian, I'm thinking those might be the translated lyrics but maybe not. But yeah I think you're right about Ruins.
Quote by HuckIt
Nile = sex
Nicks and dents are battle scars...they give a guitar history.

Quote by Homer Simpson
When you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.
Before I started listening to them, I always thought of the Col when Nile was mentioned, but you start to think of them as two seperate entities when you get into them

Colonel Karl Sanders: YOUR CHICKENNSS SHALLL BE CONSUMED IN THE DESSSEEERRTTT!!!

VALUE MEAL HATH TAKEN THE FRIED WINGS OF THE HEARTS OF THE GODS!
Quote by SickMetal
VALUE MEAL HATH TAKEN THE FRIED WINGS OF THE HEARTS OF THE GODS!

THE CHICKEN FEEDETH ON THEIR ENTRAILS! IT'S EXISTANCE IS EVERLASTING!