What does this mean?

Does this provide the full tone and sound of the amplifier so it can be used for a line-in for PC recording?

thanks. anyone had any experience w/ this?
i'm pretty sure that the emulated line out is suppose to replicate the amps tone in its entirety. This supposedly eliminates the need to mic your amp, however, whenever i play through my marshall with an emulated line out, i prefer to mic it. I still think the quality is good enough to record through though.
do you have any sample of any recordings of mic vs. the emulated line out? what kind of amp do you have?
Quote by birdman
i'm pretty sure that the emulated line out is suppose to replicate the amps tone in its entirety. This supposedly eliminates the need to mic your amp, however, whenever i play through my marshall with an emulated line out, i prefer to mic it. I still think the quality is good enough to record through though.

I bet its a MG
^x2.

the emulated line out port records alright...you just gotta have the right settings on your comp (so you don't get excessive distortion/clipping, etc...). i recorded something small a long time ago...i'll see if i can find it. just don't expect some astonishing, amazing or great.
Originally posted by DirgeForTheSun
no its impossible the guitar would probably blow up and you'd get AIDS

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.