Poll: Do you like Yngwie???
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you like Yngwie???
yes
203 53%
no
124 32%
dunno
59 15%
Voters: 386.
Page 1 of 10
Archaon
Minister of Sin
324 IQ
I like him. Most people don't like him because that's what everyone else is doing...

I mean, sure, he ripped off a lot of his stuff from classical composers, but he still wails.
\m/
quinny1089
61 IQ
^and dont forget he swedish

nah jk lol,

he really is arrogant, hes a gd guitar player tho, i just dont like much of what he plays
bat69420
Banned
258 IQ
originally posted by randyrhoadsfan1:because he's ignorant and fat,them two don't mix

He's fat?? I saw a video of him in a guitar-mag cd-rom and hes not fat, just really good at guitar. I dont suppose youll tell me its the camera-angle?
Last edited by bat69420 at Oct 26, 2005,
ProPlayer
UG Fanatic
96 IQ
He's an arrogant and obnoxious wanker that had a raging hissy fit at a little old lady and raved on about killing her. I find him to be a detestable person, but i do like the stuff he did in the 80's. Oh i guess i like all his music then.
Quote by Hotpunksk8rgirl
What do you mean draw a cross on my wrist....wouldn't that hurt?

Quote by doc bonez
you ARE a heartless bastard......
Quote by Archaon
I give kudos to proplayer for being honest about his opinion
adamstartin
158 IQ
Considering he got soo good with his wrist imaparement thingy, its amazing.
gothikchile13
UG Board King
717 IQ
As of right now, it's tied all 33.33% haha. I don't like Yngwie because a) I hate his playing b) he's an asshole and c) he sucks (big deal he can play fast)
Erc
UG's ultimate asshole
670 IQ
I actually like him. Even though a lot of his songs are bland harmonic minor wanking there are quite a few gems thrown in here and there and they are truly great.
Freepower
v It's Back! :D
3,277 IQ
I like him because his limited repetoire of stuff is both uniquely his own and quite good.

Anyone who hates him because he's fat or opinionated needs to pick a fight with a tiger with large pieces of bacon stapled to them.
pentagram_man63
Spammed
1,006 IQ
why do people hate him? i think some of his songs are really cool...

but what do u mean arrogant and obnoxious? has he had incidents like this? i can tell there is something im missing... (dont know much about him)
Witch-king
Dio
790 IQ
Meh he's alright. His skills are obviously excellent but I'm not a big fan of his music. I'm totally basing my opinion of him on his album Rising Force btw, cause that's all I've heard from him.

96 IQ
^^Yngwie is legendary for his arrogance and twattery. He even refuses to give autographs sometimes or talk to fans because he thinks he is better than everyone. EVERYONE. That and the plane incident, is the tape recording of that real btw?
Quote by Hotpunksk8rgirl
What do you mean draw a cross on my wrist....wouldn't that hurt?

Quote by doc bonez
you ARE a heartless bastard......
Quote by Archaon
I give kudos to proplayer for being honest about his opinion
Freepower
v It's Back! :D
3,277 IQ
He doesnt think he's better than everyone...at guitar, better than everyone he doesnt know already, and thats a decent assumption in his case, how many times a day does some pentatonic wanker come up and try and play his songs to him?
Scorzerci
UG Addict
384 IQ
pro
hes scandinavian
he has some good songs and is really fast

con
hes very arrogant
almost all his music sounds the same and he always uses one scale pretty much
Please vote for my band in a demo competition by clicking
here, pressing the button that says "Gi din stemme" and then connecting to facebook! Thanks a lot!
public property
Steve Vai
302 IQ
Yngwie says 'hes at the top of his game' alot...which is just being an arse, I get bored by his music quickly, even the good tracks, I've never seen yngwie in concert but from videos,
Yngwie in concert <<<<<<<< (times the number of times vai's cryed over bamby) vai in concert.
Originally posted by TapMaster
If you break a JEM you know your going to go to hell when you die

Only member of the 'This is too immature for me' club.
Resiliance
Acta est fabula
449 IQ
People need to look at Yngwie as an artist, not a person. That's why.

Yngwie in concert owns as well (pp )
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
mr_clapton
Its JIMI!
517 IQ
yngwie had a valid reason for threatening to kill that person, she spilit water on him....now dont do this to yngwie or he will UNLEASH THE FOCKING FURY!!! Plus he hates donuts.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=8100 there is the site with the recording, it made me love yngwie even more.
Originally posted by dave_c2k2
Just shout really loud...

"Mother where is the carving knife i want to put my HAPPY face on!"
bat69420
Banned
258 IQ
Quote by mr_clapton
yngwie had a valid reason for threatening to kill that person, she spilit water on him....now dont do this to yngwie or he will UNLEASH THE FOCKING FURY!!! Plus he hates donuts.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=8100 there is the site with the recording, it made me love yngwie even more.

Hahahahahahahahahahah now, i too love yngwie, i probably would've done the same thing w/ a blood-alchohol level that high.

(this post not suitable for anyone under the age of 21)
nonickname
UG's Ass-Ass-In
109 IQ
Quote by mr_clapton

after listening to that.... he seriously sounds like a arrogant dumbass
Booyah

Sinforsale....I guess you were right. I was wrong.
sticky tissue
UG Fanatic
101 IQ
i hate yngwie because he said stve vai is a great guy but for the love of god sucks. steve vai owns his ass and ftlog is atleast a million times better than anything yngwie has ever done.
Quote by Smokey Amp
Sticky Tissue: King of Threads.

Seriously, 99% of your threads are awesome.

O0o__l _ l
_\_______)

give 'em a lick... you know you want to

Champion of the 2005 UG paints competition
priest.fan.
UG Monkey
394 IQ
I like some of his songs, but I can only listen to him in small doses, it all sounds the same after a few songs. rising force is an awesome album.

and I dont care if hes a bad person - I like him okay as an artist, Im not looking for him to be my best buddy or anything...
Archaon
Minister of Sin
324 IQ
I agree that Malmsteen is an ass and does put himself much higher than deserved, but he's still a wicked guitar player as I've said earlier. Vai beats the hell out of him, sure, but he's still great.
HomerHitter
UG Board King
804 IQ
Why do I hate Yngwie? Becuase he's a complete dingleberry.
Quote by charvel_man

I am buying you an e-beer HomerHitter *Buys*
Has Many Issues
I'm Charming
374 IQ
I like his guitar playing...but not him as an actual person.
Quote by strider_hein
has many issues, you are a god!

Quote by they're red hot
Has Many Issues,
I worship and adore you.
bigwilliestyle
36 IQ
holy ****, did anyone see the g3 vid in denver? fat yngwie swinging his guitar around and kicking air, gayest thing ive ever seen.... and did you see how he butchered neil young and jimi hendrix? damn, someones gotta tell him that e minor hormonic is only one of many hundreds of scales. i consider him the kirk hammet of the shred world... has some shining moments, but is predictable as ****
TheUltimateSin
Guitar Padawan
510 IQ
I don't mind him. He's sh*tloads better than me so I can't really badmouth him and have it mean anything. I could be cliche' and bash him for being fat, but what purpose would that serve seeing as he isn't really anymore?
Quote by Resiliance
I'm more of a hermafrodite guy.

Quote by apocalypse13
Lolz

/ultimatesin = genius]

[/really super obvious]

Original creator of the Resi Signal(s)
Only old shred forum regs get it

Some MP3's from me.

My Videos

Click for awesomeness
Last edited by TheUltimateSin at Oct 30, 2005,
The UG Squirrel
247 IQ
Quote by sticky tissue
i hate yngwie because he said stve vai is a great guy but for the love of god sucks. steve vai owns his ass and ftlog is atleast a million times better than anything yngwie has ever done.

he didnt say he sucks, he doesnt like his vibrato in the song. SO?! i'm not fond of steves vibrato in the song either. He is allowed to have his own opinion. Jesus.

Yngwie has his moments, but some of his stuff is just bland harmonic minor wanking.
Deadly badgers made my weed
mattallica
BE
432 IQ
i dont like him because in every interview ive read with him, he thinks he's king ****. for how seriously he takes his compositions, they all sounds soooooo similar its not even funny. he's obviously one of the most talented guitarists in the world, but his songs suck. on g3 live in denver during the jams, he just wanks and wanks while vai and satch have good melodic ones and in one solo, he gos too long and vai and stach look at each other and you can tell what theyre thinking; "WANKER"
pavan
stunt guitar
210 IQ
Quote by Resiliance
People need to look at Yngwie as an artist, not a person. That's why.

(pp )

yes
"Physics is like sex. Sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it." - Richard Feynman
Mad Marius
2,291 IQ
Quote by eXor
It seems that everybody here hates yngwie
why???

Not "everybody" hates Yngwie. Many who hate him have simply heard/read somewhere that "It's cool to hate Yngwie, cause he's arrogant and fat.", so being the trendwh.ores that they are, they've joined this Yngwie hating cult, even though a good percentage of them haven't even listened to his music.

Besides, anyone who uses "lol", "rofl" and "your" when they mean "you're" (for example: "your a dumbass") couldn't possibly have a relevant oppinion when it comes to music and judging artists.

EDIT: seems the good old doesn't work anymore, so we can't type fuck when we want to say f.u.c.k. Aww...
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Last edited by Mad Marius at Oct 27, 2005,