Page 1 of 12
This is a Guns for Hire redux thread... the original Guns for Hire thread is located here if you want to browse through for a UGer to collaborate with.

Essentially this thread is to do the same thing, but for you lot to post a song idea you have, and what you need from a collaborative recording partner. In this way people can check out what you're up to, and if they are into a similar style, then they can drop you a PM to help you out.

Here's an example of the kind of thing to post here:

Looking for a vocalist for original blues song:
- Need someone to lay down a vocal track, with pre-written lyrics
- Here's my music page for you to check out the kind of music I make: http://mymusic.musichost.com
- Send me a PM with some examples of your music and we'll sort out the music/add me to my MSN/Yahoo/AOL and we can talk more

Thanks to ghettohippygrrl for the reduxing idea.
An eye for an eye leaves everyone a pirate.
Awesome, Lazy. I hope people find this useful. I think it could work well if people are open to it and keep checking back!

I have nothing to contribute to other people (because I suck), but I'm sure I'll be requesting help at a later date.
A conservative is a man who believes that nothing should be done for the first time. --Alfred E. Wiggam
Last edited by ghettohippygrrl at Oct 27, 2005,
I'd kill to get some flute, violin and piano on some stuff. I'm just not sure what at the moment. If you play these instruments and can get decent recording done PM me and Ill let you know when I need a part.

It'll go on a CD Im recording and you'll get credit in the cd insert, meaning THREE WHOLE PEOPLE will hear you! Cause nobody likes me.

Quote by noxiosimitator
I play guitar long then half the people here .. and I suck double as much

EDIT: on the guitar
EDIT EDIT: in playing with my guitar
EDIT EDIT EDIT: I give up
(^try fruity loops + a soundfont or two)

I'll kill for anyone able to do gabba/grind vocals.

I'm also up for helping anyone, seriously. I'll play almost any style, check my sig for links to my music to get an idea of my tastes and abilities.
Quote by Freepower

I'll kill for anyone able to do gabba/grind vocals.

I'm also up for helping anyone, seriously. I'll play almost any style, check my sig for links to my music to get an idea of my tastes and abilities.

Shredmetal collab ?
Hmmmm okay I just had an idea:

How about someone to do a sorta versus guitar solo thingy with me?
We get a backing track and record a guitar battle over it, for example one person plays a few bars then lets the other person play a few and so on. I thought that would be pretty cool. It has to be a rock/blues soloing battle though as I cannot shred lol. PM me if you're interested!

is anyone on here good with making drum beats that sound like a realistic kit? I want just some basic rock/alternative beats to play along with but am having trouble finding some to download. I tried fruity loops but i just suck at making them
-Anthony

-'77 Fender Strat
-Ibanez SRX505
-Ibanez AEG10
-Peavy MilestoneIV(Under Construction Not Working)
-Squire Strat(Duncan Scorcher in the bridge)
-Custom Built Pedal Board
-Crate 4x12 Cab with 120wt head
Calling any rhythm guitar/ vocalist in Brea, Fullerton, La Habra or anywhere near there range
Already have lead guitar, bass, and drums
and some songs, was going to record a EP but singer left for college in New York
need a good singer who can also scream some lines
our band is a blend of saosin/yellowcard/soty/thrice/a change of pace/muse
already had some paying gigs
reply or message me
you can try to bring a drummer friend if you want, our drummers kind of lagging these days becuz he has to apply for college also but lead guitar and bass is definitely filled
Quote by Freepower
^ lol, why not? PM me with your MSN if you have one. Synth and huge reverby drums?

I have a synth. But is it cool if we start in december ? I'm quite busy with a few things now
^ lol, december's awful, i'll have the christmas stuff to deal with as well as th efact my first exam modules are in january. Later, then, or just in bits and pieces for a long time? My amps busticated and my chops arent in order atm, so now wouldnt be great for me, i was planning to leave the actual shredding to you.
I would to like to inquire if anyone is interested in helping me set this piece of writing to music.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4380731#post4380731

I would be very appreciative of anyone who is willing to contribute some what technical yet subtle instrumentation to the piece.

I'm only asking for help because I'm a typical acoustic singer/ songwriter and I doubt anyone could keep this together under that pretence.

Pm me if you have any ideas.
Incisive inklings of proper piss are unsuited for the quill…
Quote by Freepower
^ lol, december's awful, i'll have the christmas stuff to deal with as well as th efact my first exam modules are in january. Later, then, or just in bits and pieces for a long time? My amps busticated and my chops arent in order atm, so now wouldnt be great for me, i was planning to leave the actual shredding to you.

Later isn't possible for me, since I'm busy then with getting accepted at the conservatorium of Amsterdam. ( Don't want to push you or something... )
i'd like to join with you guys for something.. nice progressive synth shred metal colab... ^ just pm me.

(owh and MoS.. i can help you with your audition if you want too..(i study at codarts school in rotterdam ) )
hey man i would definately like to help people, i play bass, guitar, and drums, just let me know what you need, and if you have msn my addy is d_klose60@hotmail.com!!
Guitar
1972 Fender RI Thinline Tele(coming soon!)

Amp
Peavey Bandit 112----FOR SALE 150shipped con us

Pedals
Fender PT-100 Foot Pedal Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey Overdrive
Digitech Grunge Distortion
Boss BF-2 Flanger(FOR SALE)
Quote by guano wape
i'd like to join with you guys for something.. nice progressive synth shred metal colab... ^ just pm me.

(owh and MoS.. i can help you with your audition if you want too..(i study at codarts school in rotterdam ) )

That would seriously rock. My teacher ( wim den herder, weet niet of je hem kent, ex-sena winaar. ) studies at Amsterdam as well, but only the jazz section, so he can't really tell what I have to know so he just learns me all the jazz theory as well, which is good, but a lot. So you don't study on a conservatorium ?
^ Try to keep as much as possible to PMs please, so ads can go here without convo in between
An eye for an eye leaves everyone a pirate.
Quote by Freepower

I try to avoid fruity loops as often as possible.

Any banjo plays? heh.
Quote by noxiosimitator
I play guitar long then half the people here .. and I suck double as much

EDIT: on the guitar
EDIT EDIT: in playing with my guitar
EDIT EDIT EDIT: I give up
Quote by AngelOfLust
I'd kill to get some flute, violin and piano on some stuff. I'm just not sure what at the moment. If you play these instruments and can get decent recording done PM me and Ill let you know when I need a part.

It'll go on a CD Im recording and you'll get credit in the cd insert, meaning THREE WHOLE PEOPLE will hear you! Cause nobody likes me.

I may be able to help you out, pm me if you want.
Hi all,

Let me spare you the mumbo-jumbo, heres what I got:

http://unex.dmusic.com/

Obviously this needs vocals (and maybe other things). This is a relaxed project, and is flexible in its outcome. If you have something you feel you can add to this, or maybe even a critique, please dont hesitate to reply.

Reply's work, PM's are better.

Thanks,

Bog
If anyone would like to sing alternative rock vocals for me I would appreciate it. Listen, and if you would like to do the vocals, I'll provide a version without the lead guitar for you to record vocals over. The lyrics would be your choice, I'm not a great lyricist. These are the songs I had in mind:

Track 68
Chicken Fries
Who Cares

(All can be herd here)

AND YOU BETTER SOUND LIKE RIVERS COUMO DAMMIT!

Nah, Im just kidding If your interested PM me or IM me on AIM. My SN is Shibby0347. Thanks.
Needed: Blues-Funk-jam bass and drums

This may be entirely not possible, but I'd like to do a collaboration with a bassist who can potentially play a decent slap bassline and a drummer who's ok with playing a groove. The problem is that i need to be able to lay down the guitar first due to the way I record. I have no problem using a metronome and providing the bassline idea I have, but i'm lookin to kinda make this a jam track with a little creativity on the bass. I'll be playing electric rhythm/lead/possibly lap steel lead. maybe adding bongos too, this track will be a magnum opus.

for overall style, think Robert Randolph and the Family Band.

so, any RRFB or funk fans willing to give it a shot?

Pm me
UG's number one Speechwriter's groupie.

www.Speechwritersllc.com
I've written a bunch of little parts for songs in the style of led zep and pink floyd but it would be nice to work with someone who could play drums and bass. pm me if you're interested.

It be cool to do any type of collabaration actually, in any style. i really enjoy playing and writing music.

here's some of my music (but it's mailnly covers) http://timefor.dmusic.com
I recorded a cover of Weezer's Say It Ain't So and I'd like it if someone could please record their vocals over it. Any vocal style would be fine, but it would be extra awesome if it could be the Deftones' Chino Moreno style (haunting vocals for the verses, ear-piercing screams for the chorus). It would also be sweet if I could get female vocals on it (in which case you wouldn't need to do it Chino-style). As you can tell by the version that has my vocals, I'm not much of a singer and desperately need someone's aid

www.myspace.com/horriblemusic
I'd love to get in contact with some people about an orchestra if anyone happens to have one
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
I'd love to get in contact with some people about an orchestra if anyone happens to have one

ok, i have an orchestra. rates start at $8000 an hour, 4 hour minimum. how many hours can a put ya' down for?
hey, my orchestra will beat his offer AND, get this, throw in a free tote bag.
50th Anniversary American Deluxe Strat 3-tone Sunburst
Crate XT120r Amp
Epiphone Valve Jr. w/ Jensen P8r
Boss DS1
Digitech RP300 MultiFX
^Sweet. Sounds awsome. I'd love to keep my orchestras in a special bag.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
haha, good sport
50th Anniversary American Deluxe Strat 3-tone Sunburst
Crate XT120r Amp
Epiphone Valve Jr. w/ Jensen P8r
Boss DS1
Digitech RP300 MultiFX
I play Guitar, Bass, and Drums.

I'm really more interested in recording drum tracks for origional songs, and bass for the final cut if needed.

PM me if your interested.
.the.magic.medicine.worked.
I need violin, cello violia ect. I don't think I need an orchestra lol, I just don't have $32'000 at my disposal. eh, ok pm. I don't know what pm is. Someone explain what it is plz...lol
Orophin
Wondering if anyone was interested in writing a lead guitar/ryth. song. I don't care which part you want, PM me if interested.
Radical
Hey all,

Anyone out there interested in making an Opeth/Dream theater style song??? You must:

- Have decent quality recording gear

- Play at least one of the instruments above ALTHOUGH IF YOU CAN PLAY TWO OR EVEN ALL YOU ARE MORE THAN WELCOME.

- Be good at heavy riffage! As cleans and soft breakdowns are my strongpoint I will do 'most' of them, and perhaps some solos.

So please PM me if interested, a bit of experience would be good and you have to be OPEN MINDED about what direction the song can take!!

EDIT: Guitarist spot is taken! Other places still open.
Last edited by pentagram_man63 at Feb 26, 2006,
Killer idea for this thread only real problem is that it might be a little too cluttered with the amount of people who will want to join in.
pentagram id wanna do the prog metal song with u i play guitar and i can do some pretty good recordings
Hey.. im new here... im getting pretty bored and was wondering if anyone wanted to do an internet collaboration .. (if people even do that)..

i play guitar.. keyboard.. bass.. i can pretend to sing alittle too..

genres i like// anything really..

punk, rock, metal, pop .. not too much into screamo..