im thinking of buying a chorus pedal. i heard small clone is the best. besides, kurt used it. but boss is boss right? if boss, super chorus or chorus ensemble? what is the difference between the two?

im into metallica and pantera. so what chorus pedal should i get at least to get the sound of the intro of sandman and the verse of cemetery gates?
I think that EH pedals sound better than Boss in general. But EH stomps are huge as far as pedals go. The boss is also much more durable, things are built like tanks.

If this is just for use your bedroom/practice area I would go with the EH. If you planning on putting this on a board for traveling to gigs etc. than I would probably leen towards the Boss.
Breakfast; the most importent drink of the day.
ive always wondered what is a chorus pedal?
you cant spell manslaughter without laughter

Quote by ACG
I like my women how I like my cookies. Smothered in diarrhea.
Quote by tard on tour
ive always wondered what is a chorus pedal?

it "kind of" make it sound like there are 2 guitars playing the same thing by detuning (I believe in way like a flanger would) and delaying the signal a bit

Personally I'm also looking at chorus pedals. I like EHX stuff but I've got a feeling that the Small Clone comes on too strong as a chorus so I'm a bit more towards the Boss side of thing , also theres more settings to adjust on the boss (But I've got a feeling it may be possible to mod the Small Clone to some extent...)

as for the difference between the super chorus and ensemble....I've got no idea
If you can figure anything out:
http://bossarea.com/loadpage.asp?file=boxes/ch1.xml
http://bossarea.com/loadpage.asp?file=boxes/ce5.xml
Quote by seljer
it "kind of" make it sound like there are 2 guitars playing the same thing by detuning (I believe in way like a flanger would) and delaying the signal a bit

Personally I'm also looking at chorus pedals. I like EHX stuff but I've got a feeling that the Small Clone comes on too strong as a chorus so I'm a bit more towards the Boss side of thing , also theres more settings to adjust on the boss (But I've got a feeling it may be possible to mod the Small Clone to some extent...)

as for the difference between the super chorus and ensemble....I've got no idea
If you can figure anything out:
http://bossarea.com/loadpage.asp?file=boxes/ch1.xml
http://bossarea.com/loadpage.asp?file=boxes/ce5.xml

so if your planning of buying boss, what chorus pedal will you buy? ce-5 or super chorus?
IMO

Small Clone is MUCH mor natural sounding than the Boss. Boss choruses sound too fake to me... I dont know what it is.
Gear
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster | Fender Deluxe Reverb
Jaguar | Stratocaster | Telecaster | Jazzmaster
i cant try em cause there is no chorus pedals available where i live. so i have to make my aunt buy it for me. so i cant really try em.
Remind me never to move to "in the hells of heaven", no chorus pedals, come on.

In all seriousness now. I bought over half of my stomps without playing one first. I do lots of research on any product I am thinking of buying. Take the more drastic reviews and toss 'em.

I do tend to but boutique pedals so you have to trust others opinions and the dealers reputation.
Breakfast; the most importent drink of the day.
Quote by Molsons Golden
Remind me never to move to "in the hells of heaven", no chorus pedals, come on.

In all seriousness now. I bought over half of my stomps without playing one first. I do lots of research on any product I am thinking of buying. Take the more drastic reviews and toss 'em.

I do tend to but boutique pedals so you have to trust others opinions and the dealers reputation.

that is exactly what im doing right now. so i made this thread to ask the people here about what chorus pedal to buy. EHX or boss. and still, i dont know the difference between CH-1 and CE-5. just tell me what chorus has a better quality, more durable and much as possible can make the sounds of kirk and dimbag.
Asking others what you should buy, I'll respond as if this were a pole question.

For my taste I bought the Small Chorus (just a few days ago in fact). Took me the better part of two evenings, but I listened to every pedal both stores had to offer (Guitar Center and NY Music). I brought my Strat in and used one of their amps similar to mine.

Among the many that were somtimes difficult to choose from, the Small Chorus won out every single time. For me, it's the ultimate Chorus.
i have the boss super chorus and i have played the small clone many of times. the small clone is a lot more "watery" than my boss super chorus.
^ By watery, do you mean liquid? For my setup the Boss was nice, but something was missing. The EH sounded more "analog" so to speak, and much more fluid imo.
i would go with the clone..since i own one myself. I use my clone for all my cleans and love the sound that i get.
Fender CIJ Mustang
Fender Jagstang
Fender MIM Custom Telecaster
Fender MIM Strat
Peavey Classic 50 2x12
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Fender PT-100 Tuner
Boss SD-1
EH Small Clone
Vox Wah
Digitech Digidelay
only played teh clone, but it seriously pwns!...it can go from very subtle to very over the top, and everything in between - mine is very beat up from lots of gigging, and still works perfectly, just very dented
id sig you but i have no room lol. so ill just bow down to your username

deg0ey
Member of UG Irish Clan: Póg mo thóin
Small Clone!

EH > Boss anyday.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
I think the EH has a much warmer tone than the boss, the boss however is more versitile, in order to find the pedal thats right for you, i suggest going into a music store and trying both.
TEEP!!! Oiiiiiiieeeeeeeyyy!!!!!!
yes, watery = liquid.
the eh is better imo. i bought the super chorus before developing my great knowledge of effects.
i use a boss CE20 mostly because i use a mesa live and i need to get a more warm clean tone, i love it but i also lean towards more digital sounds, so thats just my 2 cents
Quote by VR6 Stoner
yes, watery = liquid.
the eh is better imo. i bought the super chorus before developing my great knowledge of effects.

Can't go wrong with the Super Chorus. That was one of the models that I was stuck on.