Page 1 of 83
stormchaser
Tick-Tock Man
205 IQ
Hey guys. I searched and couldn't find a thread on these guys, so here goes...
What do you guys think of Meshuggah? I just got Chaosphere and it's t3h pWn.

P.S. I noticed that on darklyrics, at the end of New Millennium Cyanide Christ it said "I've some to save you all, I've come to light your way", but in the album itself it doesn't say this. Also, the words in parentheses throughout the song are completely inaudible. Is he even singing them?
You will find me as cute as your favourite nephew
Until I break your knees with a baseball bat
You will find me so kind, I'll be someone you like
Until I brush your teeth with a razorblade
`NeXxuS`
The Moor
416 IQ
what does it matter?

the song can be different from the lyrics...
High Templar of the UG Secret Society
PM SickMetal or Sanitarium24 to join.
aNOMaly
stormchaser
Tick-Tock Man
205 IQ
Quote by `NeXxuS`
what does it matter?

the song can be different from the lyrics...

Uhh, what? Aren't lyrics defined as what the guy is singing? As far as I know, the song can't be different from the lyrics, because then they wouldn't be the lyrics.
mingles
I am beautiful
864 IQ
Own Chaosphere and love it very much
Own Catch 33 and think its alright except for some of the boring clean parts.
Read my post. Not this.
Bilzzard_of_Ozz
Banned
140 IQ
I own DEI and I think it's great, I used to own Catch 33 before I got bored with it, ripped it to my computer and traded it for DEI.
`NeXxuS`
The Moor
416 IQ
Quote by stormchaser
Uhh, what? Aren't lyrics defined as what the guy is singing? As far as I know, the song can't be different from the lyrics, because then they wouldn't be the lyrics.

lyr·ic Audio pronunciation of "lyrics" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (lrk)
adj.

1. Of or relating to a category of poetry that expresses subjective thoughts and feelings, often in a songlike style or form.

so no, its a Poem... and you dont have to sing everything you write in a Poem in music.
aNOMaly
Gomorrah
Dissertation 14
577 IQ
I think this band is overated.
Quote by JobForACowboy
um, yes it is.

sry if you havent heard of it, death metal bands that wear girl jeans = emodeath
`NeXxuS`
The Moor
416 IQ
^ i disagree with you.
aNOMaly
ChurchNSkate
UG's JS/Laney/Carvin user
407 IQ
^I agree with `NeXxuS`.

Meshuggah is underrated, if anything.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
Bilzzard_of_Ozz
Banned
140 IQ
They may be overrated in the way that many n00bs think it's cool to listen to them because "tehy use 8 string gitars!1!!!!1onez!" but they're underrated for their great mastery of rymths and poly-rythms.
Riryoku
Silence in the Storm
269 IQ
Apparently, they play the same riffs over and over again in their songs. However, I don't think many of us here would be able to reproduce any of it perfectly.

Fredrik Thordendal has a sweet tapping technique.
Member #8 of the "I Love Waterbears" club!! PM Phantom lord363 to join

Member #2 of the "I love Mexican food" club. PM frozen-dirt to join.

Machine-gun tappist of the Bass Militia. PM Duff_McGee or IndieMetalhead to join.

LOL @ RABBIT
DaddyTwoFoot
Barned
338 IQ
DEI is awesome, but Nothing is boring. Not bad, just boring.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
SorrowIsMe
Unknown
2,178 IQ
Hate them.
- Treat people the way you would like to be treated.
- Don't do to others what you wouldn't like others to do to you.
- Live and let live.
- Always tell the truth.
- If someone looks at you, just give them a nice smile they won't soon forget
deadskinmask
112 IQ
Quote by Riryoku
Apparently, they play the same riffs over and over again in their songs.

Heh, I downloaded four songs from them at one time whilst checking them out, and I am pretty sure they were the first four songs on an album, and all four songs opened with an E chord riff, just each played with a slightly different rhythm. I haven't listened to them since.
Quote by guitar?

BTW do not say n-i-g-g-e-r. I know some one who said lets go buy some snickers and some black guy punched him in the face.
`NeXxuS`
The Moor
416 IQ
^the further you get into guitar the more you realize how important rhythm is and how little importance that the melody can play...

trust me, playing meshuggah is very, very difficult regardless of the chord shapes.
aNOMaly
jonodajoke
weirdo
14 IQ
i love meshugah, but some times the out of time or different timing(whateva) gets annoying. its just wierd timing. but they are awesome. oh yeah.
i like cheese

whats the difference between a preist and a zit? a zit never comes on your face b4 your 13.
se7en_666
middle finger raised
485 IQ
ridiculously good drummer...sick sick sick. overall theyre a really talentedand underrated band. i really like the jazz undertones in their music. awesome band IMO.
My Current Equipment:

ESP LTD EX-260
Ibanez GRX70
Laney HCXMR15
Boss MT-2
Dyer's Eve
I am what you see...
5,893 IQ
I like Meshuggah, they just stink of originality. I always know that when I listen to them, I'm going to Get Ear and Mind ****ed simultaneously.

I've only got I so far, but i do plan on buying more, and deleting my crappy d/ls.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
unfathomable_bo
Disgruntled Postal Worker
1,612 IQ
dun dun duun dun duun dadun dun dun duun dudun dun duun dun duund dun

*lather rinse repeat*

Meshuggah are great when I'm in the mood for some wacky polyrhythm of "du dun" for an entire album.
necrowizard
Banned
10 IQ
there crazy. when you listen to it its like someone jumps out of your speakers and starts pummelling you for the duration of the CD.

i truly think that when they record, they go outside with a tape recorder and a machine gun, and record random bursts. then they replicate it on musical instruments.

i also think that they are cyborgs, because no human could paly that stuff.

anyway, they're a great band, i listen to it when im mad, not the best stuff to listen to while you are driving however, you tend to speed......alot. and get insane roadrage.
stormchaser
Tick-Tock Man
205 IQ
One thing that I really like about Meshuggah is that they have what I look for in death metal: furious-no-single-notes-all-out-power-chord-slam-you-to-the-ground-bliff-glid-snark-POWER!
narmi
Into Cold Darkness
208 IQ
I listen to them very very rarely

Not much of a fan
Quote by MaAal_MaAan
i don't see any reason not to. Although, when i was little, i had a bad experience and pissed all over my feet, i've since improved my aim dramatically and always get in the hole.

Last.FM
Bloodletting77
Banned
224 IQ
most lyrics you find on the internet are more than likely wrong, you sohuld trust the lyrics in the booklet, because chances are, meshuggahs vocalist wrote them in there. and out of most people you sohuld trust what he tihnks the lyrics are more than anyone.
mingles
I am beautiful
864 IQ
Quote by `NeXxuS`
^the further you get into guitar the more you realize how important rhythm is and how little importance that the melody can play...

trust me, playing meshuggah is very, very difficult regardless of the chord shapes.

yeah. The riffs on their own aren't too technical, but try playing them when the drums are playing a completely different rhythm, and the vocals are in another completely different rhythm. On top of that, it ain't 4/4
Read my post. Not this.
abigape
The Octagon
91 IQ
Anyone see the video for the song 'Shed'

***ed me up
las7
Me Shuggah!
542 IQ
Arent dhay Swedish or smth ... I have only heard one of their albums back in 99 I have no idea which one was it. But its kinda all over the place
`NeXxuS`
The Moor
416 IQ
yes, they are swedish.
aNOMaly
Bilzzard_of_Ozz
Banned
140 IQ
Quote by las7
Arent dhay Swedish or smth ... I have only heard one of their albums back in 99 I have no idea which one was it. But its kinda all over the place

Yep, they're swedish. And if it was back in '99 then it was probably Chaosphere or Destroy Erase Improve.
Riryoku
Silence in the Storm
269 IQ
Quote by abigape
Anyone see the video for the song 'Shed'

***ed me up

That was pretty trippy.
Member #8 of the "I Love Waterbears" club!! PM Phantom lord363 to join

Member #2 of the "I love Mexican food" club. PM frozen-dirt to join.

Machine-gun tappist of the Bass Militia. PM Duff_McGee or IndieMetalhead to join.

LOL @ RABBIT
Zoso-Zep
Mark Tremonti > You
65 IQ
"I" by Meshuggah........one of, if not the most insane song ever written. If you don't run out and kill someone after listening to this song you're just not metal.
I have ADD
jewishosama
Lifer
180 IQ
^i suppose im not metal then

but, in all seriousness, Meshuggah has to be one of the heaviest bands out there. boring at times, sure, but ****ing bruising at their best. good stuff.
metallikatt
ßanned
63 IQ
my friend scott woke me up one morning with meshuggah at full blast...i fell off the couch with fear lol
Zoso-Zep
Mark Tremonti > You
65 IQ
Quote by jewishosama
^i suppose im not metal then

but, in all seriousness, Meshuggah has to be one of the heaviest bands out there. boring at times, sure, but ****ing bruising at their best. good stuff.

Of course not, you're a fag.
I have ADD
Spynal
Halt! Hammerzeit!
1,710 IQ
Meshuggah max my Meh-O-Meter©

(alliteration ftw)
2006 AND 2007 Ultimate Guitar Best Vocalist

Quote by Magero
Jack - 3:54 AM
I will smoke, and eat and watch Futurama in your honour