Page 5 of 83
Im listening to their 1989 demo Psykisk Testbild, and they sound so much like old Metallica, it's scary.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
That's what I'd like to know. I'm currently having trouble on which Meshuggah is my favorite: DEI or Chaosphere. Haha.
It's for you to say I can't deside between Catch DEI and Chatosphere

They all have their own charm

nah I probably like "I" the most
Quote by las7
.... where did you get this demo!!!???

Not legally
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Quote by raise_the_dead
Not legally

Well I kind off knew this but still I want to get my hands on it, could you help me out?
Quote by raise_the_dead
Im listening to their 1989 demo Psykisk Testbild, and they sound so much like old Metallica, it's scary.

Well I have been checking out Contradictions Collapse right now having not listened to it for quite some time. And I got to say that it sounds like a mix of Metallica/Slayer and Sepultura/Death/Kreator.

Erroneous Manipulation best demonstrates these qualities. To think how much they have progressed, from Psykisk to Catch it's unbelievable
Last edited by las7 at Nov 22, 2006,
Contradictions Collapse is the only studio album I don't have from them. After that, if I feel like I should, I'll check out the EPs.
I don't know if anyone has "I" but I think it was brilliant even though it was really long and complicated

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal
You can dress a woman slutty, but she's not a slut. Understand?

living inside a drop only to die in an ocean
Meh-shuggah....they are talented but really boring to my ears
Quote by greety

Yes we also shot JFK and faked the moon landing here at the UG Metal Forum.
Quote by Cannibalkyle16
Whats a good album too get by them, i have catch 33 and thats it.

DEI and Chaosphere.
i only have DEI and its good but i mostly listen to just Future Breed Machine
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
A Thousand Souls A Day Flow Away With The Breeze
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by Magero
Im gonna guess that DEI and Chaosphere are the 2 albums that are reccomended for Meshuggah?

I reccomend "I" it's a one song EP and personally Meshuggah's best work.

Anyhow I find most Meshuggah albums intersting in terms of concept and progression from Contradiction Collapse to Catch33 there is always something interesting I find in each release.
Most people feel that "Nothing" is their weakest album but it also has some very strong moments.
But since you like Catch I don't doubt you will like their earlier work because Catch is perhaps the hardest to get into.
You just have not been able to assimilate it, it's brilliant which ever way I look at it. Simply put I have listened to the album more then 100 times without skipping a single track even once(quite an achievement for me). But then again I enjoy the whole structure of the album so that might be the reason.
Immortal are better.
if you have belief in ur soul and jesus you can do anything
Immortal.
if you have belief in ur soul and jesus you can do anything
i'm assuming i'm missing some inside joke here, and one of the mods isnt just spamming?
hehe. fair enough. in that case i think its quite apt for me to say the following

*clears throat*

Meshuggah > Immortal

New release of Nothing any better? i love that album.
Quote by duncang
A Thousand Souls A Day Flow Away With The Breeze

Dude, that pic OWNS!

/cause nobody else said anything
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
The first time I heard Meshuggah I was like "Wow, f*ckin' hell." Awesome band. I only have the album Nothing but I'm gonna go on a Meshuggah CD shopping spree at Christmas.

Actually it's weird, this guy I know overheard me talking about them a few weeks ago and then suddenly he hears one song and they're his favourite band. The next week he's offering me "Nothing" for cheap because he said he liked it at first, but then he read the lyrics and now he can't listen to them because "the lyrics are so awful."

Okay...
By crook or fist I'll lather up your gracious smile.
And take my time...
I like Meshuggah Lyrics..

Mind, I haven't read into the lyrics on 'Nothing' yet...
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Catch 33 and chaosphere have to be two of the best metal albums I own, it's so great to listen to.
I too will go on a Meshuggah CD buying spree at christmas.

-Alex.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
I only have Catch 33 but I think the lyrics to this are probably the most awesome lyrics I have ever heard on any CD.
Thanks for ressurecting this thread.

Definetly can't go wrong with some of these lyrics on Catch

The scattered jigsaw of my redemption laid out before my eyes
Each piece as amorphous as the other - Each piece in its lack of shape a lie
Hey dudes, Chaosphere or DEI?
I own Nothing and Catch 33.

I don't think Nothing is boring, like someone said... Catch 33 is pretty good, but I don't understand the one continuous song thing...seems almost like a concept album that way.

But yeah, I can't think of a tighter band for the rhythyms they use. Fredrik Thorendal is incredible, as is their drummer, whose name I can't recall. But yeah, no doubt, Meshuggah is ace.

Instrumedit: That is, I have the new release of Nothing. It's pretty good, it is a dual disc with 6 or 7 views, and about half are live.

It also has the New Millenium Cyanide Christ video, which is quite possibly the greatest video of all time.
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
Last edited by Instrumetal at Jan 7, 2007,
Quote by Instrumetal
I own Nothing and Catch 33.

I don't think Nothing is boring, like someone said... Catch 33 is pretty good, but I don't understand the one continuous song thing...seems almost like a concept album that way.

But yeah, I can't think of a tighter band for the rhythyms they use. Fredrik Thorendal is incredible, as is their drummer, whose name I can't recall. But yeah, no doubt, Meshuggah is ace.

Instrumedit: That is, I have the new release of Nothing. It's pretty good, it is a dual disc with 6 or 7 views, and about half are live.

It also has the New Millenium Cyanide Christ video, which is quite possibly the greatest video of all time.

I think their drummer is Thomas Haake. And the New Millenium vid is awesum.
Quote by raise_the_dead
Technical farts in odd time signatures?

WTF do you eat?

Quote by metabolicmaggot
Wow these answers scare me....I've swallowed some of that suff....I need a shower.
What is/are their best album(s)?
and, are all the albums similar in sound?

Also: NMCC video=gold.

edit: \/ Loser.
I've found Jesus
Last edited by Contraband at Jan 7, 2007,