Page 1 of 2
KingBrendan5149
Banned
910 IQ
i' ve been giving this a lot of thought. i have it narrowed down to 5. Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band, Revolver, The White Album, Abbey Road, and Rubber Soul. Out of those 2, i have narrowed it down to Sgt. Peppers and The White Album. I can't decide between those to, i really can't. Both of them are so good. But if a guy put a gun to my head and told me to choose one, i guess i would choose the White Album but it would only win by a tad.

so what do you all think is the Best Album The Beatles recorded?

(remember, not your favorite, but the best)
SydBarretLives
10 IQ
Sgt. Peppers or Abbey Road. Your top five are definitley there best five. I sadly dont own Abbey Road but will be getting it soon. I've listened to it before, but since I own Sgt. Peppers, I'll have to say that, though Abbey Road may be better. The White Album is great, there's just a lot of songs that aren't very great.
"I don't know I was really drunk at the time"
Cirrus Minor
Save Our Bluths!
29 IQ
I'll probably go with Abbey Road or Revolver. Their weakest effort was monumental for music though, so I could not contest any album mentioned.
"Great music completely obliterates any conceptions of genre"

Recordnerd
AdayTripper
Banned
374 IQ
Quote by Cirrus Minor
I'll probably go with Abbey Road or Revolver. Their weakest effort was monumental for music though, so I could not contest any album mentioned.

Haha thats so true The Beatles are great, Revolver has my favorite songs but out of them all I have to say Abbey Road is were The Beatles were at their best.
Evil Kid 93
UG's SG Rocker
17 IQ
Probably Sgt. Peppers. Out of the albums that I own anyway (everything from Rubber Soul onward except for Magical Mystery Tour), Sgt. Peppers is just the best one. It adds up so easily:

Concept album + Great songwriting + John Lennon being really ****ing high + Lots o' experimentation + One of George's crazy Indian-type songs + Ringo singing a song (and a damn good one at that) + The greatest Beatles song ever (A Day In The Life) + Enough innovation to once again change the course of pop music forever = The Best Album The Beatles Ever Recorded.

For me anyway, at least.
Founder of the Official Angus Young Fanclub! PM me to join in the worship of that crazy duckwalking midget with the SG!

"Let there be light......sound......drums......guitar......LET THERE BE ROCK!!!" - Let There Be Rock, AC/DC
Sun King
Finntroll & Moonsorrow!!!
347 IQ
favorite: abbey road
best: white album
worst: let it be (they just werent together enough i think.)
I truly am my own redeemer
Blindly I follow none but myself
Without fear I am
Unhallowed be my name

Myself am hell and hell I shall unleash
I laugh at Thee to scorn
Mock Thy majesty
Pour forth my chalice ov victory
jpburns88
strats kick ass
344 IQ
i think the coolest thing about your top five is that its almost like a personality test on which one is your favorite. If i get time, I might actually write some meaning to that.

Back to why we are here. My favorite is definitely the white album, but I'm going to have to say Revolver was their best album because it was the one that started it all. It tore down every preconceived notion of what rock music was, which is why the Beatles were so revolutionary at the time. The blended so many different styles of music on that album, and it still gives me chills everytime i hear it.
It's their best, but not my favorite.
bee yatch
Jesse Mrau
148 IQ
My two favorite Beatles albums are Revolver and Rubber Soul. But there is not one Beatle recording that I have not liked. I have yet to come across a bad one, in other words..... The Beatles are the best band IMO. And although Let It Be is probably one of their more poor efforts as a group. (Still unbelieveably good), It is still my third favorite. Then it's Abbey Road, then Sgt Peppers. And just for the record, it was so close, I think I popped a vein thinking about it.
Sgt_Pepper27
UG Board King
91 IQ
Sgt Peppers for its innovation but personally, my favourite is The White Album.
sympathy for the...
Devil
President of "Beatlemania is NOT phony" Club. PM me to join.
Diabolic Clown
Saucerful of Secrets
660 IQ
Sgt. Peppers or Abbey Road, although like everyone's said, it really is hard to choose a favourite.
"All religions are the same: religion is basically guilt, with different holidays. "

-Cathy Ladman
sirpsycho85
selfstyled voice o reason
858 IQ
ranked:

Sgt. Pepper's
Revolver
Magical Mystery Tour
Rubber Soul
A Hard Day's Night
Abbey Road
Let It Be
Help!
With The Beatles
Please Please Me
White Album (i know, i know, i doubt anybody else here ranks it as low as i do)
Beatles For Sale
Yellow Submarine

but they're all great and i listen to them constantly
"I see my light come shining from the west down to the east
Any day now, any day now I shall be released"

Know any good teachers in NY, especially skilled in teaching ear training? Tell me
coldethyl
You Had To Be There!!!!!!
122 IQ
It's got to be Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band!
"We got used to, with the amps making sure that people could hear the guitars, because it was obvious we were a guitar based band, we didn't wanna sound like a strumming, electrified folk group or something"- Angus Young, The Guitar Show
alex_haeni
UG Board King
893 IQ
The white album.
A hard days night.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
imdwalrus
UG's Woodchuck
379 IQ
Definitely The White Album.

And A Hard Day's Night ought to be mentioned.
ando3300
246 IQ
1. The White Album
2. Abbey Road
John Frusciante Club Member #7
VoodooChild15
Day-Man
1,673 IQ
Abbey effing Road. Finest recording ever produced by any band, not just the Beatles.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
AdayTripper
Banned
374 IQ
Quote by VoodooChild15
Abbey effing Road. Finest recording ever produced by any band, not just the Beatles.

I am going to have to agree with you.
JethroTullfan72
UG's Piano Man
273 IQ
This question is impossible. All of their albums are them at their best, and nothing less than that.
Coldplay Rocks
rayIII
the whitey
1,912 IQ
1. Revolver
2. White Album
3. Sgt. Peppers
4. Abbey Road
5. Magical Mystery Tour/Rubber Soul/A Hard Day's Nite/Help!/Beatles For Sale

*~honorable mentions: Meet The Beatles!, The Beatles' Second Album, Let It Be ~*
the only ones I don't like are the Yellow Submarine soundtrack and Please Please Me

lol today i was listening to Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da (loud as usual) and i got all these "wtf is that fruity-ass music" looks
AWA
Straight gumpin'
740 IQ
I like the white album, although there was alot of conflict between the members. It was just a pure musical orgasm.
Wade in the water, child.
barfy2000
Santa?
21 IQ
Well...depending on how you define best...

Sgt. Pepper's has been called the best album of all time...so I think that's it...

But my favourite is Revolver
Quote by ta too tee
I played with Slash yesterday. It was super cool cuz we played some Nirvana and Britney Spears songs. Good stuff! I also taught him how to play Sweet Child O'Mine
sirpsycho85
858 IQ
for my money, Sgt Pepper's. But they had too many sounds...I'll add A Hard Day's Night in because you can't think about the beatles just with their late sound.

Know any good teachers in NY, especially skilled in teaching ear training? Tell me
rayIII
the whitey
1,912 IQ
hey... lol this is kinda irrelevant, but I can only get one CD... should I get Abbey Road or Magical Mystery Tour? (disregard my list)
sirpsycho85
858 IQ
i'm partial to MMT but yeah abbey road should come first from an unbiased perspective.

mmonster
U.G.'s scariest member
21 IQ
they saved their best for last-Abbey Road
Epi es335 dot(cherry)
danelectro 59 dc12 string
Taro(?)70's Jap Strat
Ibanez 70's 6string accoustic
SongBird 104 yn classical
Johnson Millenium 150 amp
Spider LP copy
Nobody's Hero
A cockatoo!...or three!
16 IQ
Best: White Album (if it hadn't been a double album it wouldn't have been as awesome thought)
Favorite: Abbey Road

A lot of ppl are gonna say Sgt. Peppers, but I just don't find that one nearly as appealing, except for all the songs near the end.

(and btw mmonster, let it be was their last album)
Turn off your mind, relax and float downstream

Member of the Beatlemania Is Not Phony Club...pm Sgt Pepper27 to join
Last edited by Nobody's Hero at Apr 13, 2006,
trey-col89
the angry young man
1,127 IQ
Abbey Road
*Official Deadhead*

The times they are a-changin'
rayIII
the whitey
1,912 IQ
Quote by Nobody's Hero

well... Abbey Road was the last one they recorded
KingBrendan5149
Banned
910 IQ
Quote by Nobody's Hero

Let it Be was the last one RELEASED. Abbey Road was the last one RECORDED.

hope that clears everything up.
DeSean
Banned
693 IQ
Abbey Road.

All closely following are White Album, Sgt. Pepper, Magical Mystery Tour, Please Please Me.
sirpsycho85
858 IQ
Quote by Guns_41
No one likes Rubber Soul !!!!

everyone likes rubber soul lol. just maybe not as their favorite. the cream of the crop from rubber soul matches any of their other albums.

joshsirjoshules
UG Newbie
1,741 IQ
Actually, I don't think the White Album could be a contender for best Beatles album. It lacks focus, it works more as a John Lennon backed by group or Paul backed by group record than an actual band's record.

I'm gonna have to say Abbey Road because it was the happiest since it was the last one recorded. The last four songs on that album kill.

There are also a lot of great songs on Let It Be like "Two Of Us" "Get Back" and "One After 909."
Last edited by joshsirjoshules at Apr 17, 2006,