Page 1 of 22
Hey, i searched through the forums and i couldn't find any thread that was completely dedicated to dimmu borgir (an awesome band) so here it is!

I'd have to say that my favorite songs by them are mourning palace and burn in hell, both awesome tracks in my books.
*Dirge For November*

gigidy GIGIDY
Last edited by masterofpuppet at Nov 10, 2005,
dimmu borgir- love them. all i have to say really. haha i didn't really contribute to the thread very well there ..
bah
Don't really like them.

Some okay songs but meh
Quote by MaAal_MaAan
i don't see any reason not to. Although, when i was little, i had a bad experience and pissed all over my feet, i've since improved my aim dramatically and always get in the hole.

Last.FM
RAHHH DEMON BURGER!!!

They have some good tunes but overall they get hideously annoying. THis may be due to my lack of exposure to this popular band

Anyone reccomend some good songs? I like things with more of a prog/epic feel, not just straight-up metal really.
Sympozium is an awsome track as well as perfection or vanity. Isnt burn in a hell a cover?
Sometimes I feel like Axing my Axe.
Last edited by hekainu at Nov 10, 2005,
Puritania is \m/ (IMO)
Succubus in Rapture has the most kickass interlude ever.
Kings of the Carnival Creation owns
Perfection or Vanity kicks ass
Kein Engel kommt um euch zu rächen...

Quote by Spynal
I think I speak for the entire metal forum when I say it is an absolute HONOR to have you on these forums Mr. Vikernes.
lol, Dummy Burger!!!11one!1
Quote by morbid_death
I'm a huge faggot, and I love dick.
Quote by NAME GOES HERE
Puritania is \m/ (IMO)
Succubus in Rapture has the most kickass interlude ever.
Kings of the Carnival Creation owns
Perfection or Vanity kicks ass

puritania sucks ass in my opinion.

enthroned darkness triumphant is a good album
I really wanna get Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia*
Last edited by LedZeppelin at Nov 10, 2005,
The band has stated that they are not "commercially-oriented"...which means that they are ...reverse pshycolagy people thats where its at...
I actually liked a couple of tracks from Spiritual Black Dimensions and Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia ,havent heard anything new though
Quote by LedZeppelin
I really wanna get Puritanical Misanthropic Euphoria.

that would be puritanical euphoric misanthropia
*Dirge For November*

gigidy GIGIDY
For All Tid is in my top 10 albums. Just beutiful. The re-recordings of Stormblast are sickening...just horrible.
I heard an Old Man's Child track the other day and I have to say, I wasn't very impressed. Dimmu Borgir, regardless are a decent band although they do get a bit annoying. Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia has great drums, Enthrone Darkness Triumphant isn't bad either and For All Tid for good overall tone. Decent stuff - you can't say Kings of the Carnival Creation is bad or Hybrid Stigmata is. Well you could...but then you'd be wrong

Edit: Hey, listening to Sympozium right now. Beats me, I can't find anything bad about the particular song. As a whole album though, Dimmu Borgir have some problems.
I've found Jesus
Last edited by Contraband at Nov 10, 2005,
I forget the name of the song but theres a video for it and the first lyrics are like the battle rages on and on...

anyway i don't like the song but i love the DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN thing
Ride the dragon toward the crimson eye...

Vaginal Destruction

^ Do you like sludgey stoner/doom? Well then you should try Vaginal Destruction
^Progenies of the Great Apocalypse.

Dummy Burger!
Member #8 of the "I Love Waterbears" club!! PM Phantom lord363 to join

Member #2 of the "I love Mexican food" club. PM frozen-dirt to join.

Machine-gun tappist of the Bass Militia. PM Duff_McGee or IndieMetalhead to join.

LOL @ RABBIT
Quote by Riryoku
^Progenies of the Great Apocalypse.

Dummy Burger!

Ya that's the one.

...why do even people that like the band called them Dummy Burger? pfft.
I've found Jesus
i love them. anyone got the new stormblast reissue?? totally awesome
¤¤¤¤¤ ۩ ۝РЄŦĤ ۩ ¤¤¤¤¤
۩ ВŁĄÇĶŴĄŦЄŖ РĄŖĶ ۩

Quote by deadskinmask
I think you should listen to Bodom_Shredder7.

Quote by xolax
Listen to Bodom_Shredder, he knows what hes talking about

Quote by Alucard II
Bodom Shredder was right

SevenLastWordsOfChrist
Quote by 0w3n
...just horrible.

Quote by Bodom_Shredder7
Totally Awesome

...well some different opinions. Not sure to get it or not.
I've found Jesus
Quote by 0w3n
For All Tid is in my top 10 albums. Just beutiful. The re-recordings of Stormblast are sickening...just horrible.

what the hell is wrong with you? what is it with people and whenever something new comes out they hate it.
¤¤¤¤¤ ۩ ۝РЄŦĤ ۩ ¤¤¤¤¤
۩ ВŁĄÇĶŴĄŦЄŖ РĄŖĶ ۩

Quote by deadskinmask
I think you should listen to Bodom_Shredder7.

Quote by xolax
Listen to Bodom_Shredder, he knows what hes talking about

Quote by Alucard II
Bodom Shredder was right

SevenLastWordsOfChrist
Quote by Bodom_Shredder7
what the hell is wrong with you? what is it with people and whenever something new comes out they hate it.

...maybe he...doesn't like it?

and i have a strong distaste for all that is dimmu borgir.
kreator > you
They're not really black metal anymore. I think that's the main thing that irritates the really hardcore metalheads. Even so, I honestly don't think that even their newer material is stuff that the general public would lunge for.
Member #8 of the "I Love Waterbears" club!! PM Phantom lord363 to join

Member #2 of the "I love Mexican food" club. PM frozen-dirt to join.

Machine-gun tappist of the Bass Militia. PM Duff_McGee or IndieMetalhead to join.

LOL @ RABBIT
Quote by Riryoku
They're not really black metal anymore. I think that's the main thing that irritates the really hardcore metalheads. Even so, I honestly don't think that even their newer material is stuff that the general public would lunge for.

I saw their video tonight, its so un-tr00 it made my eyes bleed. But on a serious note, it was hilariously cheezy. I actually like dimmu except for the vocals from what I hear, its pretty good. The keys kicked ass, too.
so what is their sellout album, ill check out their stuff before it
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
I hate this whole "sell out" bull****. Dimmu are a good band. Talented musicians, slightly cheesy at times but if they werent slightly cheesy it wouldnt be as good. You cant expect a band to stay the same becuase then they would be rehashing the same old formula over and over again and that would suck quite frankly.
Sometimes I feel like Axing my Axe.
I like them, but I only have Death Cult Armaggeddon which I think is the latest album?
really don't care about a band being tr00 or selling out or whatnot... I like this album.
Die Sonne graut dem Morgen
Morsch sind Baum und Pfad
Die Sonne graut dem Morgen
mir ist kalt...
Don't like them, they're not terrible, I just don't find them very interesting. But then again, I only have Enthrone Darkness Triumphant and a few other songs.
Originally posted by Novaworld
Smiddys right...
Hmm....listened to most of Stormblast and Death Cult Armageddon. Love both albums. Antikrist from Stormblast and Blood Hunger Doctrine from DCA are my favourite from those two.
I've found Jesus
Excellent band. Although many will disagree with me, I even find Death Cult Armageddon to be praise-worthy. They were one of the bands that introduced me to true metal early on.
Quote by rocktolive
One time, I swear my PB&J sandwich talked to me... maybe it was food poisoning?