Page 2 of 22
Their deviation from the typical black metal style is what makes them interesting...of course there will always be a place for classic, true black metal like Darkthrone, Emperor, Burzum, etc., but Dimmu Borgir are mixing it with melodeath and making really good music. I mean, look at Fear and Wonder...the mood in that song is amazing and it's just an orchestra.
I like 'em, regardless of that sellout crap, since when became evolving as a band selling out?
it's not like youre everyday radio station plays dimmu
I really like Dimmu Borgir. I like the vocals, the drumming, the guitar work, the bass work...everything.

My favorite DB album will still be Enthrone Darkness Triumphant, regardless of the opinions that vary from: "Old stuff is better" and "The new stuff is better". I can't really get into their latest cd. And to be honest, I have only listened carefully to ETD, SBD and PEM. The others I've listened once or two either lent or in some friend's house and didn't quite get a feel if I should get those cds or not. And since I'm a lazy bastard, I never bothered to get my hands on them.
Disclaimer :

Check sticky threads. Check the FAQ. And if you talk too much:Golden teaching
just a question here, how do you people pronounce dimmu borgir? i have a friend who pronounces it "DIE-moo BORE-ger". i myself say "dim-moo bor-geer" and i dont really know what is right or wrong. i've never bothered to really find out i guess.
*Dirge For November*

gigidy GIGIDY
Quote by trollblod
I like 'em, regardless of that sellout crap, since when became evolving as a band selling out?
it's not like youre everyday radio station plays dimmu

The only time I ever here them on the radio its the local college station. Their "sellout" material owns like times infinity 90% of the world best material.
Darkness Is Growing, Eternity Opens
The Cememtary Lights Up Again
As In Ancient Times
Fallen Souls Die Behind My Steps
By Following The Freezing Moon
Before I heard Blood Hunger Doctrine, I realized it was one of those songs that keeps you on the edge of your seat the whole time. And honestly, I don't see how they're sellout material. They definetly got a lot more fans through their last few albums, but since like someone said I don't hear Dimmu played on the radio even once or even mentioned, I think it's a good thing. A lot more people in the metal scene are exposed to it. I've heard touching stories about people who heard Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia for the first time. "Magical....it takes you on a journey beyond space and time..." or "I feel guilty I haven't heard this stuff earlier". Anyways, whether a band sells out or not I don't care unless it's Metallica, but they (Lars) make such a big deal about everything (makover after Cliff died, style change, sueing Napster). Wow, so people like them, uhh...big deal? To DB, selling out would be a good thing considering they retain the quality in their music.
I've found Jesus
Quote by unfathomable_bo
People who use the word sellout are posers.

Disclaimer :

Never bothered to check them out.

/waits for flame
- Treat people the way you would like to be treated.
- Don't do to others what you wouldn't like others to do to you.
- Live and let live.
- Always tell the truth.
- If someone looks at you, just give them a nice smile they won't soon forget
I have DCA copied from a friend. I like that better than the stuff I've heard from their old material. I don't see anything wrong with them honestly, they moved into new directions, that's it.
dimmu borgir is scary. they dress up like devils. i even saw one of the song names called "satan my master" what kind of sick fuck worships the devil?
burn.in.hell. this guy better get banned soon. he posted a fucking CoB thread too.
*Dirge For November*

gigidy GIGIDY
Quote by Horb
dimmu borgir is scary. they dress up like devils. i even saw one of the song names called "satan my master" what kind of sick fuck worships the devil?

It's an act.... a cheesy one too at that. Satan my Master is a cover song originally done by Bathory.
there kinda pathetic, there too intense
Endorsed by Framus Amps

Quote by primusfan
you shoulda lynched that nigger.

*spits in spittoon and feels up his cousin*
too intense? then that would make Nevermore, Hypocrisy, Hate Eternal and other "intense" bands too pathetic? Since when was there too intense for metal? Metal is the epitome of intense.
I've found Jesus
Quote by DeathLegionaire
^Ha ha ha ha. Ha ha ha. Ha.

I pictured that trademark asian laugh from The Simpsons when I read that.
Quote by hekainu
Sympozium is an awsome track as well as perfection or vanity. Isnt burn in a hell a cover?

yes, it's originally by Twisted Sister.
Quote by Stop Messin'
Emo is an image, Hair Metal was a life style.
I was just thinking, don't these guys sport the alleged 'worlds fastest drummer' ? I was wondering where exactly he was granted the title.. lol

Dimmu don't seem to be that insanely technical when it comes to drumming..

Or are they? any songs? I dont listen to alot of demon burger.
Well I think Reno Kilerich(sp?) is the worlds fastest drummer, and he was supposed to be on the next album but cant do it anymore so Hellhammer is doing it now.
Last edited by StuartR at Dec 3, 2005,
Quote by StuartR
Well I think Reno Kilerich(sp?) is the worlds fastest drummer, and he was supposed to be on the next album but cant do it anymore so Hellhammer is doing it now.

But demonburger don't have particularly fast drums from what I have heard =x
Quote by the best of...
yes, it's originally by Twisted Sister.

Wow I wished I knew that earlier. I judged them so harshly on that song. I was hearing that they were this awsome ass black metal band, checked them out, and that was the first song I heard by them. I guess I will have to look into some of their other stuff then.

I have also heard them cover Metal Heart, and Powerslave which were both good covers.
Quote by guitar?

BTW do not say n-i-g-g-e-r. I know some one who said lets go buy some snickers and some black guy punched him in the face.
Quote by deadskinmask
Wow I wished I knew that earlier. I judged them so harshly on that song. I was hearing that they were this awsome ass black metal band, checked them out, and that was the first song I heard by them. I guess I will have to look into some of their other stuff then.

I have also heard them cover Metal Heart, and Powerslave which were both good covers.

That cover of Metal Heart is the kill. PEM is the only album I really do like and have cared to give a good listen to. Otherwise i'm not big into them.
Black/Death.
Quote by MetallichaoS
That cover of Metal Heart is the kill. PEM is the only album I really do like and have cared to give a good listen to. Otherwise i'm not big into them.

You're missing the best I assure you.
Disclaimer :

My favorite songs are Arcane Lifeforce Mysteria, Progenies of the Great Apocalypse, Vredesbyrd, Succubus in Rapture and Insight and the Catharsis........
Quote by deadskinmask

SHENS!

Where can I get this cover?!

NVM, found it.

Sounds okay. The vocals fail, though. You can't beat bruce there.

Wait, it just got to the little verse thing and this is the gayest thing I've heard.

God damn, ****ing demon burger those mother****ers ****ed up my favorite maiden song *weeps*
Last edited by xxgenocide98xx at Dec 4, 2005,
Quote by Nilefan
You're missing the best I assure you.

Most likely, but like I said i'm not big into them, and don't really care to be either.
Black/Death.
Wow, not a lot of people mentioned Death Cult Armageddon. Don't blame ya, though. The album sucks, imo.
My Last.FM page. Add me!

Quote by severed-metal
I frequent so many big dick forums it's ridiculous

PSN name: sixty5days
I liked DCA, it has some good songs, I actually liked it more than PEM. But I really want to get Stormblast, I heard the title track and it was really cool, very atmospheric.
I used to love Dimmu, but I have discovered so many other bands that pwn them, so I am going to say they are decent. PEM is my favourite followed by SBD. I don't like their first two albums at all. Shagrath's vox aren't that great but they suit the band.

Oh yah,

Old Man's Child >>>>>>> Dimmu Borgir
When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.
i got DCA and i think Vredesbyrd is the best song on the album...For the world to dictate our death is also an abazing song...same with Progenies
Quote by Horb

Um... look at my message thing under my name...

You ignorant ****...
Quote by Anton Szandor LaVey
He who makes a beast of himself takes away the pain of being a man.

My Lyrics:

Silent Oblivion
Last edited by We_Wont_Die at Mar 12, 2006,
Quote by Horb

If this happens to you, I will know that there really IS a Santa.