Page 1 of 8
PickmeDude
133 IQ
Throw it up for these guys... theyre one of the, if not the best, talented hardcore bans out there..
Pick me dude...

Where I come from my cars a piece of crap...
d_byrne23
------------------
2,587 IQ
do u know what man, at first i thought they were just one of those scream nu metal bands, but honestly, ever since i downloaded and baught their discography, everything i could find, ive been totally digging them, their riffs, tims singing, the drumming etc...they definately are one of the more talented newer bands out there, its a tough genre, but me being a fan of mainly gothic metal like cradle etc, i still can throw on frail words collapse or shadows are security and bang heads to it, i dunno if thir considered hardcore? but they definately are a good band, the video for their new single through struggle is great too, id recommend checking that out..
PickmeDude
133 IQ
listen dude... listen to the drummer ( jordan ) his double bass is f**** incredible theyre so good.. my band is playing with them january 13th.. I can't wait.. as i lay dying is probably the best screamo band out there.. both cd's kick asss
Pick me dude...

martyr
627 IQ
Quote by PickmeDude
listen dude... listen to the drummer ( jordan ) his double bass is f**** incredible theyre so good.. my band is playing with them january 13th.. I can't wait.. as i lay dying is probably the best screamo band out there.. both cd's kick asss

Oh my. I don't know how I can even think about areguing with that statement. Gosh, I wish people were as intelligent and well-rounded as you are. At the same time, I think that Bleeding Through might be more screamo, but I don't know...

Listen to my music here
hXcMacbeth3
256 IQ
please dont let this turn into another a7x only thread
Originally posted by thestrumbum
the scream is so powerfull. my balls started two steppin.
Gomorrah
Dissertation 14
577 IQ
Quote by PickmeDude
Throw it up for these guys... theyre one of the, if not the best, talented hardcore bans out there..

Haha. That's funny. Well, anyways, cheers for making this thread. Hopefully it will cut down on the amount of threads devoted to them.
Quote by JobForACowboy
um, yes it is.

sry if you havent heard of it, death metal bands that wear girl jeans = emodeath
Combat
87 IQ
eh its probably good that we have one of these "only" threads for this band. theyre good, i think, i mean i can only listen to them so much before i get bored. but they are one of the leaders or the bands that generic metalcore bands follow. therefore i guess you could call them one of the leaders in the generic metalcore genre even though thats an oximoron.
MattTheArsonist
Registered Stooge
1,687 IQ
You know, As I Lay Dying shouldn't even be in the hardcore section, they're ****ty Christian Metal. A Christian band shouldn't even be put in the hardcore category, a large factor of hardcore music is about being original and thinking for yourself and being yourself, which is the exact opposite about what Christianity is about.
shadows666
Do the Toxic Waltz
281 IQ
Quote by Craigo
Martyr, that's pretty rich hearing that from a "Three Inches In Blood" fan...

I love As I Lay Dyings energy released into their music. My mate disliked them right before he saw them on the Hell On Earth tour. I love "Frail Words Collapse", the guitars on that are so addictive. However, I don't find them heavy enough to head bang to.

Dude, 3 inches of blood is f*cking awesome!! They take that sh*tty screamo yell thing and combine it with power metal vocals and it just kicks you in the face when you hear it!! As i lay dying has nothin on them!!
Quote by xxgenocide98xx
So if balding people are the devil, your grandpa is satan's right hand man? Apparantly, the older we get, the more kvlt we are.

Founder of the Del tha funky homosapien club. pm me to join
Has Many Issues
I'm Charming
374 IQ
They're pretty good, saw them in concert, kinda been growing out of them somewhat though.
Quote by strider_hein
has many issues, you are a god!

Quote by they're red hot
Has Many Issues,
I worship and adore you.
LedZeppelin
2,316 IQ
^ Yeah, me too. They were great live but the more I listen to Frail Words, the more I dislike it. Shadows Are Security is better.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
stratstrummer40
antennas to heaven
798 IQ
Quote by martyr
Oh my. I don't know how I can even think about areguing with that statement. Gosh, I wish people were as intelligent and well-rounded as you are. At the same time, I think that Bleeding Through might be more screamo, but I don't know...

that was great.

anyways, i used to listen to AILD but then I listened to some real hardcore. so i grew out of them.
PickmeDude
133 IQ
Quote by Independent27
Jordan isn't even good.

im sorry but you're a, uhm.. ****ing dip****. dude jordan is the incredible..so is clint norris im sure u dont him either...

anyway they are still touring theyre new cd shadows are security.. dude dont say stupid things...

Well anyway, yeah dude.. this is always probably the best band to throw down to..

haters shut the **** up.
Pick me dude...

PickmeDude
133 IQ
Correction They Arent Metal Core Retard..thats Completely Diff.
Pick me dude...

LedZeppelin
2,316 IQ
Jordan sucks, end of story. I don't see why everybody loves him. Listen to some Cryptopsy, Nile or Through The Eyes Of The Dead for drumming that's truly incredible.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
martyr
627 IQ
Is a justification of Screamo/Emo-Violence in order for this thread, so we can weed out the slow kids who just don't know anything?
Listen to my music here
SilentSpectacle
.'_;.'./)'
5,781 IQ
I'll admit I do have a guilty pleasure to listening to 94 Hours.
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
waldorphPRS41
quixotic
1,984 IQ
Quote by martyr
Is a justification of Screamo/Emo-Violence in order for this thread, so we can weed out the slow kids who just don't know anything?

I think we need it. Any band thats screams is considered screamo for some reason.
.:bleednomore:.
133 IQ
Haha...Ohh this thread gave me a chuckle.
Just the title did, then i read the thread
and chuckled some more.

Anyways on AILD
a little while ago
i would listen to 94 hours
now i dont because
i listen to some other better music
so, i dont really like them
Rabbits?

Quote by Grovermans
why would she suck your dick?

she's not related to you...
everytimeifry
dude
102 IQ
theyre good... definitely not the best in terms of originality, but i think their musicianship and live show are a step above
kaktusnpoop
Back in Action on the UG
1,057 IQ
Quote by PickmeDude
Correction They Arent Metal Core Retard..thats Completely Diff.

Are you kidding me? As I Lay Dying are THE most generic metalcore band

If you want good metalcore try out XDeathstarX or Converge or 100 Demons
PickmeDude
133 IQ
metal core for example would be the dilinger escape plan... I didnt' realise this forum was ****ING STUPID...

theyre metal // hardcore.
Pick me dude...

Craigo
UG Spammer
4,396 IQ
Quote by PickmeDude
metal core for example would be the dilinger escape plan... I didnt' realise this forum was ****ING STUPID...

Dude...

Dillinger = Mathcore. Never, no way metalcore.
PunkRawk1224
first bunny in command :)
43 IQ
pickmedude is officially the dumbest person to come in to this forum.

1. AILD sucks. they are generic metalcore, deal with it.
2. the drummer is nothing special, in fact, he's pretty much sub-par.
3. everything with screaming is not screamo, you obviously know nothing.
join bunny club!

Asking for "emo/screamo" bands...
Quote by sgwyldechild
Like Underoath, Stutterfly, Atreyu, that kinda stuff. I dont want something too hardcore and ALL screaming like As I lay Dying.

myspace.com/slydogcandtheslickfingers3
hXcMacbeth3
256 IQ
Quote by PickmeDude

congratulations on your 37th post
Originally posted by thestrumbum
the scream is so powerfull. my balls started two steppin.
Independent27
83 IQ
Quote by PickmeDude
im sorry but you're a, uhm.. ****ing dip****. dude jordan is the incredible..so is clint norris im sure u dont him either...

anyway they are still touring theyre new cd shadows are security.. dude dont say stupid things...

Well anyway, yeah dude.. this is always probably the best band to throw down to..

haters shut the **** up.

I'll stand behind my statement, thanks.

And yeah, led zep is totally right, I was going to say the same thing until I read that post.
PickmeDude
133 IQ
Nirvana is a great band.. whats wrong with them? I like mostly hardcore and some other genre's of rock and dillinger is hard to explain actually dude..

they are like a genre of their own.. mathcore/metalcore they have jazz breakdowns and its wierd.. I dont know their style..

led zeppelin is fine dude I love them especially jimmy page... and jordan is a very good drummer dude you can't even deny it.. I dont even need to argue that
Pick me dude...

PickmeDude
133 IQ
Quote by PunkRawk1224

1. AILD sucks. they are generic metalcore, deal with it.
2. the drummer is nothing special, in fact, he's pretty much sub-par.
3. everything with screaming is not screamo, you obviously know nothing.

Yay!! Clap your hands this is coming from a punk rock dude.. AILD doesnt suck, why dont u tell that to their countless number of fans.. the drummer isnt sub-par u dont know ****.. and noone said everything with screaming is screamo, YOU obviously know nothing *flips off*
Pick me dude...

PiNk_ThE_pUnK
Bookstore Core
1,107 IQ
Quote by PunkRawk1224

Are you sure about that? I mean we've had our fair share of idiots, xBeccax for example.

But despite this guy's attempts at making AILD seem like the best band in the world they're not. Never have been and never will be. Jordan is sub-par when compared to other drummers such as Flo from Cryptopsy and the guy from Nile (his name escapes me), same goes for the guitarist he isn't terrible by any stretch of the imagination but compared to other guys he isn't that great. The vocals are terrible and the bass is just plain boring.

They do put on a reasonable live show I will admit that. But they are very, very generic and I can't listen to them at all.
All-O-Gistics:

Thou shalt always go for greatness
Thou shalt not commit adulthood (ALL)
Thou shalt not partake of decaf (ALL!)
Thou shalt not have no idea (ALL)
Thou shalt not allow anything to deter you in your quest for all (ALL!)
PunkRawk1224
first bunny in command :)
43 IQ
^haha, you are right, we've had quite a few stupid people come in here. i guess we'll have to wait and see if he's truly worthy of that title.
join bunny club!

Asking for "emo/screamo" bands...
Quote by sgwyldechild
Like Underoath, Stutterfly, Atreyu, that kinda stuff. I dont want something too hardcore and ALL screaming like As I lay Dying.

myspace.com/slydogcandtheslickfingers3