phoward_15
111 IQ
Hey there -

I'm learning how to play the piano now along with the guitar. I'm trying to find a site just like this for piano but can't find one. Does anyone know of a site where you can get everything that this site offers such as music for bands and so forth?

Thanks,
phoward_15
gogita21
Serene Chaos
581 IQ
There's no such thing as piano tablature. Learn to read music, then search google for "free sheet music." You can find some good free pdfs of classical music.
Member #6 of the Agile LP over Epiphone LP Club. PM iamtehwalrus768 to join.
When it comes to flipping pancakes, it's better than burgers.
HopePoisoned
UG's Rack Head
304 IQ
Quote by gogita21
There's no such thing as piano tablature. Learn to read music, then search google for "free sheet music." You can find some good free pdfs of classical music.

that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard

I get piano tabs all the time - 4 lines all for fingers and notes are represented on the lines

there's some tab exchange piano site, but probably not for you

just go www.911tabs.com and filter for piano tabs - you should be able to figure it out as long as you know notes
-Mike
phoward_15
111 IQ
HopePoisoned thank you very much for a sensible answer. Yes I know how to read piano music. I'll check out the site and see what I can find.

Man there can be some real dumbasses on this site that are not helpful at all.

Thanks again.
MATTTHEMOP
professional insomniac
2,737 IQ
i think learning sheet music is a lot more worthwhile, for any instrument.
i need to get a better signature.
John Kimble
Banned
340 IQ
Quote by HopePoisoned
that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard

I get piano tabs all the time - 4 lines all for fingers and notes are represented on the lines

there's some tab exchange piano site, but probably not for you

just go www.911tabs.com and filter for piano tabs - you should be able to figure it out as long as you know notes

You have to admit, usings tabs for piano is pretty ridiculus.
scroungemonkeys
66 IQ
Quote by John Kimble
You have to admit, usings tabs for piano is pretty ridiculus.

I admit it....since sheet music for piano is not all that complicated....well not always...start with simple stuff and work your way up.....maybe check your local college for a piano book....that would be a good place to start

8notes.com is a good free music site...but their stuff is all almost a beginner level..hell I can play 1/2 the piano stuff on the site on my guitar(with few changes in octave registers).....

if you really really want to learn piano....go buy a piano book.....one that has the fingerings.....and you can learn....also learn how to play your octave and 5-finger patterns and you will be pretty set...the rest is just practice
Quote by bananajammin
wow

we need more of these givers of correct, thorough advice on UG
Katee_Monster
so very I don't care
21 IQ
Well, where might one find free piano sheet music online?

Because I have yet to, and I've been playing for just over 5 years now.
hellblazer_666
Resident Pianist
10 IQ
Try this site: http://sheetmusiclinks.fateback.com/ it doesn't have music on it but it has links to a ton of other sites with pdf files and arragnements of popular songs. If you want tabs, a fairly pointless procedure because it's not that hard to read piano sheet music, i'd go to 911 tabs you might find something there.
scroungemonkeys
66 IQ
www.8notes.com

you can click this link for just FREE PIANO MUSIC

http://8notes.com/piano_sheet_music.asp

and....select the song, near the top of the page there will be a grey bar with the title of the piece and four different tabs....."score info" "Gif/MIdi" etc...

click on Gif/Midi and you will get to a page like this one
http://8notes.com/scores/2859.asp?ftype=midi

you can print out the music that way...sadly you have to do it one page at a time...just use the >> and << buttons to change pages...you can also play the Midi (at insane uncharacteristic tempos)
Quote by bananajammin
wow

we need more of these givers of correct, thorough advice on UG
ThEpOsHyOsH
10 IQ
Quote by gogita21

Actually there is but only for a couple songs check them out on tabs 911
BladeSlinger
nerd
1,793 IQ
Really.

EIGHT YEARS.
Quote by cemges
And tell, how come you became idiot enough

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Kevätuhri
Thinking of a good title
848 IQ
I almost replied to this in a serious way, arguing against piano tab, commenting on phoward not knowing forum etiquette... but it turns out it's a huge necrobump.

Where's the Thread Murderer when you need him? This is the second bump this thread has received.
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
MaggaraMarine
Slapping the bass.
3,409 IQ
Piano tab... Is that a thing? Why?

What does it look like?
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Charvel So Cal
Ibanez Blazer
Yamaha FG720S-12
Tokai TB48
Laney VC30
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Kevätuhri
Thinking of a good title
848 IQ
Quote by MaggaraMarine
Piano tab... Is that a thing? Why?

What does it look like?

Apparently something like this:

Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here