Page 1 of 2
bassplayer91
MasterBasser
278 IQ
Anyone here like the Vines? Yes? No? They are one of my favorite bands and there 3rd album just got done being recorded
xmrchainsawx
UG Freak
881 IQ
I love them. Craig is so freakin bad ass.

I wanna see them in concert, even though I heard they suck.
Quote by red star
"If its good enough for gay cowboys, its god enough for you."

Quote by Dyaxe666
you guys are all idiots! SRV played a schecter C1 Blackjack thrugh a metalmaster into a Krankensteing, GOD!
bassist90
UG's Overlooked Bassist
110 IQ
they can't play anymore concerts. there was an article here on UG a long time ago about an illness/disease/whatever that craig has, and large groups of people, stress, etc make him go a bit bananas. look up the article if you can, it's interesting.
Originally posted by Warm-And-Fuzzy
Or, you could rub his magical head.
C'mon.
Do it.
Goon
tele on the belly
380 IQ
I love the Vines. Highly Evolved is an amazing album. Winning days was not as good though. I will be definitely buying the new album as soon as its out.
Abe
Come Here and Say That...
1,563 IQ
I like their singles, anything else I've heard I've not liked.
Andrewbiles
11,166 IQ
^ Exactly what I've always found
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
bobjewell87
Cause = time
874 IQ
Only song i've liked was 'winning days'. Though the video for 'Ride' is quite good as well. I hated everything that i heard from the first album with a passion.
Tenacious_dex
Dex
221 IQ
Quote by bassist90
they can't play anymore concerts. there was an article here on UG a long time ago about an illness/disease/whatever that craig has, and large groups of people, stress, etc make him go a bit bananas. look up the article if you can, it's interesting.

Have you seen the video at the MTV awards when the play just after the Hives? He seemed a little crazy then.

I like The Vines, they have a good mix of faster and slower songs. They're cover of Paint it Black by the Rolling Stones is great. I might buy their new album.
Feel loved: Click here!

Joint President of The White Stripes club! PM Me or Jack_White455 to join this great club!

Ecky thump!
ghettohippygrrl
904 IQ
I really liked that song "Get Free" despite that low-budget-looking video. And I liked "Ride" because of those damn iPod commercials.

I saw them live on Dave Letterman once. That lead singer, he is either a) a weirdo b) a druggie c) pretentious or d) trying hard. But it looked like a combo of A & B to me. I'm sure falling around during a performance singly badly and knocking stuff over seems like a good idea when your f'ed up.
A conservative is a man who believes that nothing should be done for the first time. --Alfred E. Wiggam
ghettohippygrrl
904 IQ
Oooh, I guess it was choice E.
A conservative is a man who believes that nothing should be done for the first time. --Alfred E. Wiggam
thomyorke_123
no I don't
43 IQ
their second album was crap but highly evolved is a classic
Don't you just hate I.T. lessons
fuzzybunny
foxwithfender.
61 IQ
They're not my thing at all, tbh... Even their singles (which according to some of my friends who loved them were their best tracks) sort of grated. I don't like the guy's voice, and their riffs kind of bore me. In all honesty, I only listened to their first album once through before giving it away... Maybe they're just one of those bands that grows on you.
DorkusMalorkus
Here, Queer, etc.
2,971 IQ
Quote by fuzzybunny
They're not my thing at all, tbh... Even their singles (which according to some of my friends who loved them were their best tracks) sort of grated. I don't like the guy's voice, and their riffs kind of bore me. In all honesty, I only listened to their first album once through before giving it away... Maybe they're just one of those bands that grows on you.

The vines do grow on you...lol....puns suck...
Goon
tele on the belly
380 IQ
Quote by fuzzybunny

I don't really like the singles too much at all. Try listening to the slower melodic tracks and the harmonies, it's what i great about The Vines and why some people dont understand them.
YAY_FOR_PIE
*Insert Witty Phrase*
263 IQ
I have Highly Evolved, but I don't like it.
The Proverbial Mind Spread of The Primus Sucks Club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.
Originally posted by Draken
we're not nerds thank you very much i have a very respectable 40k imperial guard army.
Tenacious_dex
Dex
221 IQ
Quote by YAY_FOR_PIE
I have Highly Evolved, but I don't like it.

You can send it me if you really want. For free of course....
Feel loved: Click here!

Joint President of The White Stripes club! PM Me or Jack_White455 to join this great club!

Ecky thump!
Glen_Hansard
Viðrar Vel Til Loftárása
1,096 IQ
I have Highly Evolved, I like it. Aspergers Syndrome + Alcohol = one crazy mother****er, I love watching Craig live.
UG Irish Clan: Póg mo thóin
WhiteStripesIII
Worst Username.
824 IQ
Quote by Glen_Hansard
I have Highly Evolved, I like it. Aspergers Syndrome + Alcohol = one crazy mother****er, I love watching Craig live.

Aspergers + Alcohol = No differance.

Aspergers is a form of autism. Basicly it's communication and social interaction problems. It's also proven that people with Aspergers have an above average IQ. Albert Einstein, Bill Gates and many more people have Aspergers, things like alcohol dont affect their behavior any differantly then acholhol and any else.
Glen_Hansard
Viðrar Vel Til Loftárása
1,096 IQ
Quote by WhiteStripesIII
Aspergers + Alcohol = No differance.

Aspergers is a form of autism. Basicly it's communication and social interaction problems. It's also proven that people with Aspergers have an above average IQ. Albert Einstein, Bill Gates and many more people have Aspergers, things like alcohol dont affect their behavior any differantly then acholhol and any else.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQgZB3sFdhY&search=Get%20Free%20Letterman
Caustic
On holiday by mistake
370 IQ
Highly Evolved is great, but I really, really have to be in the mood to listen to it.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
DorkusMalorkus
Here, Queer, etc.
2,971 IQ
I'm gonna post again.

The Vines were one of the bands that I first started listening to when I was getting into music, so I will always like them, or at least have that connection to them. I don't like there music as much as I used to, but everyone once in a while I like listening to them to remember how it was when I first started getting into music.
Glen_Hansard
Viðrar Vel Til Loftárása
1,096 IQ
^Same with Nirvana for me.
sponj
UG Monkey
1,243 IQ
^ that's the awesomest video ever
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
xmrchainsawx
UG Freak
881 IQ
Quote by Bmm386
I never bought an album, but i like the singles.

There are some real gems on Highly Evolved and Winnings Days that you should check out.

The new album isnt anywhere near as good as those two, but thats normally the case.
Quote by red star
"If its good enough for gay cowboys, its god enough for you."

Quote by Dyaxe666
you guys are all idiots! SRV played a schecter C1 Blackjack thrugh a metalmaster into a Krankensteing, GOD!
-February-Star-
The Once And Future King
189 IQ
i like the vines, shame they cant tour any more though i got the new album, Vision VAlley and enjoyed it a lot. My band covered Fuk Yeh, it took a lot of practising to nail those 5 chords hehe.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Yakult
Never You Mind
1,175 IQ
My god that video is amazing: he is one crazy motherf*cker. Asbergers or no asbergers, he's absolutely mental. I know someone with the same condition, and he is NOT like that
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
j0nmcc
former B&A mod
1,282 IQ
i always found the vines distinctly average...
jxljxl
Bestival 2009 FTW.
755 IQ
The Vines are so cool
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
Mack56
mackabre
1,078 IQ
oh my god. that video is the greatest thing ever.

but yeah, i like the vines, never really bought their albums, but the stuff i've heard is pretty good.
batesyy
¿que?
1,954 IQ
I love 'em. Always liked them, even with his antics.

Some might say he is average, but he can make some real good music.

Example

It's a shame Patrick left, but it was his choice, and he couldn't take it anymore after what happened at Annandale.

Their most recent record is great. Some catchy songs.
Ow_en
Pioneer
10 IQ
I really got into them when i was younged with highly evolved, got winning days and that wasnt so bad, no way as good as HE but still some goond songs on it, got Vision Valley and thought it was tripe, only listened to it a couple of times.