Page 1 of 27
NiceGuy
31 IQ
Have you ever wondered what the hardest song would be to play on the guitar? Well here is a thread that can give you some idea of what the hardest songs are to play.

Personally at this stage it has to be "Master of Puppets" from Metallica
/\/\ET/\LLIC/\
NiceGuy
31 IQ
Thanx for the info bro ill try and play da song
/\/\ET/\LLIC/\
tonyguitar
11 IQ
......red house jimmi hendrix !!!! the feeling is all !!!!
shredhead22
UG's Chainsmoker
197 IQ
^the hardest song in the world is SOOO f*ckin hard, if can master the solo then u'r truly better than Steve Vai himself. What is this insanely hard song you ask......SMELLS LIKE TEEN SPIRIT!
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
guywithtoaster
28 IQ
if you want a hard song to play try playing some of the stuff from opeth, the mars volta, dillinger escape plan, or some hendrix.
guywithtoaster
28 IQ
Quote by shredhead22
^the hardest song in the world is SOOO f*ckin hard, if can master the solo then u'r truly better than Steve Vai himself. What is this insanely hard song you ask......SMELLS LIKE TEEN SPIRIT!

well you know smells like teen spirit would have been a funny answer if you posted before the guy above that mentioned smoke on the water
maged
super bon bon
154 IQ
michael angelo batios music sux, but its hard
critisim for fellow critics, be a doll why dontcha :
Demons
sweet soul

is you am a dog? is you got a dog?
tonyguitar
11 IQ
try to play a song of shawn lane!!! or some of symphony X !!!!!
waveofmutilaton
UG Member
295 IQ
Quote by ampqueen
highway star by deep purple,, try the solo

nah. i can play the solo all the way through clean and im just a decent guitarist.
Quote by Gibson>You
i have orgasms all the time with my clothes on. when im grabbing my gf's boobs or making out with her, i cream my pants.

http://maxwellsmusic.dmusic.com/

my music check it.
ampqueen
Banned
10 IQ
Quote by waveofmutilaton
nah. i can play the solo all the way through clean and im just a decent guitarist.

the joint of the finger next to my snapped and gave me rush of pain because of that damn solo
smashngrab1991
Ïèðàò XXI âåêà
363 IQ
Something which isnt originaly on guitar, try playing some Gong on guitar.....
And plunged the long blade through the masking tape, through the cushoning and *splat* right through the center of Waldo Jeffers head, which split slightly, causing little rythmic arcs of red to pulsate gently in the morning sun.
oddling8
Banned
624 IQ
Quote by shredhead22

You're not even remotely original. Everyone loves to say things like that, and it only makes you into a boring dick.
crazee201
Registered Car
2,255 IQ
gee i dunno, the solo from american idiot is pretty nifty

Forum Archives / About / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2006
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2009, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Gibson23
Blues/Rock Guitarist
497 IQ
i wouldnt say any rock or metal songs.

i would say it would be very early blues from the 20s, it requres all you fingers on you right hand for picking and the songs are so full with notes and phrases, mixing lead guitar and rhythm guitar at once.
Member #7 of the Gibson Guild, PM Chadillac006 to join
xyber56
ITS A MADHOUSE!
62 IQ
Quote by crazee201
gee i dunno, the solo from american idiot is pretty nifty

everytime theres a thread for hardest song/solo/whatever there will always be a reply like that...
rich_sg
Eating teh Banana of Doom
477 IQ
Some acoustic blues song. I've been to several blues gigs, and the guitar work the guys play is nothing short of astounding. Except Zoot Money, I nearly died after that concert.
Quote by its_alive
rich_sg, I promote you to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. of the Pit. way to speak your opinion.

Quote by ErnieBallfists
RICH_SG you are a filthy person for accusing me of dirty trolling , you are a stiff coconut
canned_peas
barbeque
80 IQ
Quote by The UG Squirrel
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1938099378022643751&q=shawn+lane

Try playing the first two minutes of the video

Also Allan Holdsworth stuff.

That guy is good, but his stuff is so annoying!
PM me and I will tell you a story.
Story told to: pickledyam, drevil814, syyz1,Volkl, no_username, fronkpies, priest.fan, skeptopotamus, rathmusbass, STFU(its)JERRY, Johnljones7443, Punk_Dude2005,cokeisbetter, Tenacious_dex, guitarmonkey4...Total:30
oblique
Classic Metal Alt Grunger
559 IQ
Quote by The UG Squirrel
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1938099378022643751&q=shawn+lane

Try playing the first two minutes of the video

Also Allan Holdsworth stuff.

I had no idea such a skillful guitarist could make such shitty music. :p I couldn't get past one and a half minutes of that. If you're looking for some good shred, google video for Steve Vai, I think there's a video of him playing tender surrender.
rich_sg
Eating teh Banana of Doom
477 IQ
Slowed down, that Shawn Layne stuff sounds like crap. It's just mindless shredding. There was one bit where he was actually playing a song, it was okay.
Quote by its_alive
rich_sg, I promote you to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. of the Pit. way to speak your opinion.

Quote by ErnieBallfists
RICH_SG you are a filthy person for accusing me of dirty trolling , you are a stiff coconut
axeslinger01
UG Board King
1,821 IQ
bat country solo, but i almost have it due to non-stop practiceing
Endorsed by Framus Amps

Quote by primusfan
you shoulda lynched that nigger.

*spits in spittoon and feels up his cousin*
flamencogod
990 IQ
Quote by rich_sg
Slowed down, that Shawn Layne stuff sounds like crap. It's just mindless shredding. There was one bit where he was actually playing a song, it was okay.

I bet you only watched the first part of the movie
Scourge441
Eyes With Pride
5,346 IQ
Why has no one bothered to mentioned he fact that this belongs in the GUITAR forum?

I'm a bassist, so the hardest for me would probably be Classical Thump or some Dream Theater.
Awesometrax
It's been awhile
48 IQ
Am I the only one who thinks Stairway To Heaven's really hard to play? Cause that's my pick.
j1mi_h3ndrix
UG's Fatty
121 IQ
look up michael angelo batio, steve vai, eric johnson, joe satriani, rusty cooley, shawn lane, yngwie malmsteen, jason becker, paul gilbert.. any of those guys and there are more but im too lazy to remember right now
Last.fm
My Recordnerd
Myspace

Quote by Crazy
okay. have fun. 1,567,584,586th time I've heard that in the pit

Quote by c0ld_3mphasis05
Not even that many people exist on this planet.

LOL
Bob'89
UG Newbie
19 IQ
that shawn dude is a frickin joke,fat bastards should not play guitar except bb king (he's an exception to the rule)
Holy Katana
Anarcho-Awesomist
1,681 IQ
Quote by Bob'89
that shawn dude is a frickin joke,fat bastards should not play guitar except bb king (he's an exception to the rule)

He's dead. He died 2 years ago. Besides, I'm fat. I'm losing the weight, but that takes time. Don't dis fat people, asshole.
Suicidal_Brick
Get Informed
1,364 IQ
Quote by Bob'89

Please watch the rest of the video, he knows his stuff.
High as tits
PabloGilberto
UG's Megadeth fanatic
954 IQ
Jason Becker - ANYTHING by Jason,ESPECIALLY Serrana Arpeggios(or Serrana in general) :P
Crossroads Solo's(the film) By Vai,Studio versions called Eugenes Trick Bag
ETC
tamargoguitar
UG's nothing :( ...
532 IQ
i posted a thread of wat new song should i learn after stairway to heaven an one, im learning master of puppets, its so damm hard
slashwyldepage
UG's Opinionated Asshole
359 IQ
this thread makes me embarrased to be human
Quote by fronkpies
Just search "japanese chicks with big fat dicks" on google and you'll see.
jimmy388
UG Senior Member
242 IQ
Quote by VanillaStrat
That is NOT music.

No, it IS music you uneducated prat. Anything involving an instrument can be music, especially when some pours their heart and soul into it, learning to play like Shawn takes A LOT of time and effort, and although I agree with you in that I don't really enjoy the first couple of minutes, if you would have watched more than the first few minutes, you would realise that Shawn was a very talented and knowledgable man in musical terms, hell you may have learned something, and judging from your close- minded viewpoint, you need to learn all you can.
jacob_mick
66 IQ
i dunno what you all think but i'd have to say some pantera songs are hard i mean dime was a ****ing beast on thast guitar, how the **** could anyone write something like that? r.i.p. dime
genocidal
UG's UberGenius
44 IQ
It depends what sort of player you are. If you only shred then the most basic finger picking rhythm parts will be hard, but if you only finger pick you won't be able to play fast picked rhythms, or shred solos. Playing the guitar takes a lot of different skills, the hardest song depends what skills you don't have.
Quote by meh!
I am a fat, cheating bastard and I like men and I'm fat and gay. I'm also a paedo, and I don't really play guitar, I just use UG to pick up preteen boys.
jacob_mick
66 IQ
in the words of dimebag darrell "I know a lot of players who don't have much knowledge of scales and modes and they're the ones who play from the heart"