Egrodyne
103 IQ
Right i finally finished this so i thought i'd stick the final cut up for crit....im bloody hopless with time sigs and all that so the songs basic in that respect and also the reason it takes me so long to write powertabs lol

So also any comments/surgestions you have are welcome

Ta
Attachments:
Dielelectrical Travesty.zip
Kicks Harder Than A Mule On Crack
Last edited by Egrodyne at Dec 5, 2005,
Egrodyne
103 IQ
Thanks fella's! ....yeah, im tryin to incorpate different elements with "space" rock....where its a tad over the top...i'll check your one weebl!
hthedinga
1,536 IQ
Well that was thoroughly badass.

I thought the chordal progressions were plenty interesting and made even more so by having multiple parts that did different things. Good stuff.

I thought the bridge and ending could use a little work and maybe just the overall flow of the song. But then again, this is just a powertab file without vocals, so those constructive criticisms should probably be taken lightly.

Does anyone know what its called when you use a minor 4 chord in a major key? It might just be borrowing from the minor scale. The common thing to do is to go from a major 4 chord to a minor 4 chord to a major 1 chord. It's so common that there's probably a name for it.

The minor 4 chord was used in this song. How did you decide to use it? Where did you learn about it and composing songs?
les_paul_01
UG Freak
500 IQ
that was pretty damn good. its nice to have someone doing something different every now and again.
Quote by T.S.R.
what?
if i were a midget...id go masturbate in public because...hey, im a midget and i can get away with anything

Quote by yawn
I heard Hitler was a pretty good guitarist back in his day...

Quote by guitar?
You're a towel.
Egrodyne
103 IQ
*Updated* - The Bridge

The scale is the harmonic minor hthedinga....my personal fav scale, i use it alot
piratepirate
shiver me timbers
153 IQ
wow. very nice, unlike anything i've really heard lately. Love the use of some bizzare sounds, really works for the piece. also the guitar preaks were nicely done. can't say anything bad, really nice stuff.
hthedinga
1,536 IQ
Quote by Egrodyne
*Updated* - The Bridge

The scale is the harmonic minor hthedinga....my personal fav scale, i use it alot

Ahhhhhh. The note you sharp when the go from natural to harmonic minor, the leading tone, when transfered over to the relative major scale will give you a major three chord. It also lets you make your six chord in the minor scale, major or minor. Music theory is good stuff.
Pure_Morning
Boo
369 IQ
Very different. A lot more different than most the stuff on here. I liked it.
My "Rig":

Fender American Telecaster
Boss OD-2
EHX Small Clone
EHX SMM avec HAZARAI
Spark1284
244 IQ
ooo i like the prog feel alottttt... good job
MYSELF INFLUECE I

soo much n00bage
Quote by xX Maverick Xx
sorry to bust everyones bubble but lamb of god arent "hardcore" theyre death metal, and therefore metal.
Paint
UG Addict
946 IQ
this kinda had a gatsby's american dream feel to it but not the same. i didnt like how slow it was with how much was going on. my fav part is the first half of the bridge.
if i cut off your arms and legs
and wrap you in some fucked-up cocoon,
would you still look at me and say
"you can't catch what you can't see"
well i caught you honey,
like the clap sugar.
what do you think of that?
Generalpwnt
Righteous
1,727 IQ
cool stuff mate, muy bueno...i swear i can hear the words titty titty bang bang on one of the last chorus thing... not even kidding...
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
Last edited by Generalpwnt at Dec 7, 2005,