Page 1 of 2
Yakult
Never You Mind
1,175 IQ
Nizlopi - JCB Song

Any of you heard this song? I think it's awesome! What do you think of it? The lyrics are really childish, as if from a 5 year old's POV, but it's really touching

If you haven't heard it, take a listen!

Will xx
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
tezhall
This one goes to eleven..
669 IQ
This song totally rocks - me likes it a lot
demonic_fishie
UG Psychonaut
51 IQ
It's gorgeous, brings a tear to my eye every time I hear it. It should definately be Xmas number 1 over here.
What would you give...

to know the truth?
Andrewbiles
11,166 IQ
For so long I've been listening to them, no one at Uni would listen to me, only a few on here did and now they decide to release it for Christmas #1. Yes I want them to get it, but I don't want them to as I have a bet on something else. Had I've known they were planning on releasing this as a single I would've put the money on them. F*cking, f*ck f*cks.
I highly recommend the album over the single
(no seriously, the album's a damn fine album)
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Gurgle!Argh!
-
1,444 IQ
i've been liking them for ages too... and now theyre on richard and judy hahaha.

its funny.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Yakult
Never You Mind
1,175 IQ
Are they?! Bloody hell
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
balltounge
Ba Ba/Ti Ki/Di Do
65 IQ
That was a realy nice song, i think I will pursue the album.
Enjoy your worries, you may never have them again.

The Books.
Abe
Come Here and Say That...
1,563 IQ
Hmm, I'm not as into it as you guys. It's better than pretty much everything else that makes it onto the Freeview music channels, but I still don't find it massively appealing.

Although the video suits the song well.
LazyGuitar
Caramelised
1,921 IQ
I half-heard this a few days ago on the radio, and wondered what the hell it was about... didn't think too much of it at the time, cos it was just rather odd sounding. But it is actually rather touching, at least with that 'video' alongside it. Deserves to be xmas number 1 above the usual crap imo.

The vocals sound like another band, but I can't put my finger on it.
An eye for an eye leaves everyone a pirate.
jallas
dying is fine
1,802 IQ
Aw I really like that. The guy's voice is really nice
Quote by Kensai
Maybe you've heard what the ladies say: "Once you go 77mm you don't go back"
Andrewbiles
11,166 IQ
Quote by LazyGuitar
I half-heard this a few days ago on the radio, and wondered what the hell it was about... didn't think too much of it at the time, cos it was just rather odd sounding. But it is actually rather touching, at least with that 'video' alongside it. Deserves to be xmas number 1 above the usual crap imo.

The vocals sound like another band, but I can't put my finger on it.

Haven't caught the video this time round yet, but I assume it's the same as the last time it was released, and in that case it's a "cute" video from what I remember. Check out 'fine story' if you can, it's the best track on the album (in my opinion).

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
home sick alien
madferit
46 IQ
i herd it first on richard and judy (and i was in work so i wasnt in the best of moods to begin with,) so im not really getting it.........i think, maybe its due to this singer songwriter acoustic obsession sweeping the nation, such as this daniel powter and james blunt. (the man must die.)
god i really really hate james blunt.......like really!
ob-la-di ob-la-da
vampires
UG's Chav
247 IQ
Quote by andrewbiles
Haven't caught the video this time round yet, but I assume it's the same as the last time it was released, and in that case it's a "cute" video from what I remember. Check out 'fine story' if you can, it's the best track on the album (in my opinion).

Yea I downloaded some of their songs a while back, one of them was called hands? I think it has a live intro or something but at the start this guy (don't know how their system goes live, never seen them) just starts beatboxing over the track and I was like woah, didn't expect that, that was RAW. I also like Wash Away (don't know if these are on the album) and Faith. Fine Story is a cool tune, melody line gets a bit repetitive but its still great

JCB for Xmas #1!!!
Resiliance
Acta est fabula
449 IQ
I thought it was pretty crap, to be honest. Not a very high musical rating from this elitist bastard.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
YAY_FOR_PIE
*Insert Witty Phrase*
263 IQ
I like it.
The Proverbial Mind Spread of The Primus Sucks Club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.
Originally posted by Draken
we're not nerds thank you very much i have a very respectable 40k imperial guard army.
cheekynibbler
UG Newbie
23 IQ
heard this tune about a year ago on MTV2 really late at night... couldnt find it anywhere... am really quite pissed off though, i dont really want this song to be played to death like so many others. Its so good, i feel like its being raped being mainstream, but thats just me. I realise like this is a stupid concept, since i want the band to do great things!
Andrewbiles
11,166 IQ
^ Same happened with me, never saw it again either. I managed to find a download though and just bought the CD.

120 Minutes was doing well at around that time.

RateYourMusic
kryptonite22
2,832 IQ
My mate had this as her screen name on MSN for a while, I did wonder what it was. She's always hearing about things before everyone else...
SupImJimmy
694 IQ
That actually brought a tear to my eye, I'm not sure why though. I didn't even feel particularly touched, until I started crying..
vampires
UG's Chav
247 IQ
Quote by SupImJimmy
That actually brought a tear to my eye, I'm not sure why though. I didn't even feel particularly touched, until I started crying..

Get over to the emo forum, right now, you girl!

j/k it is quite a beautiful song.
divid3d
we fall.
1,109 IQ
aw that's adorable, makes me happy and sad at the time.

unluCKY...
from daylight...
...into darkness
leaping badger
UG Board King
504 IQ
i like that song a lot, really have mixed emotions with it, takes me back to my youth, wait a minute i am a youth woo hoo.
Quote by slayaplaya

(oh! maybe some one will sig that witty comment! maybe not...)
public_witness
Banned
190 IQ
Quote by Resiliance
I thought it was pretty crap, to be honest. Not a very high musical rating from this elitist bastard.

i can only agree. not only did i dislike the concept of the song, (5 year olds arent really capable of creating interesting music) but i felt it was exectued in a very calculated-to-be-cute way. i didnt belive it at all. when i was 5 i wouldnt daydream about ****ing transformers, i'd be too busy freaking out at the fact that i was in a digging machine. What the **** is a jbc?

And the video ? how over the top can you get ? it felt like the song was tailored to accompany the video, not the other way around. worst song of '05
tezhall
This one goes to eleven..
669 IQ
...best song of 05. Except for Local Hero by Sidewinder
SupImJimmy
694 IQ
Quote by vampires
Get over to the emo forum, right now, you girl!

j/k it is quite a beautiful song.

Haha. I might just get the album. Maybe.
LazyGuitar
Caramelised
1,921 IQ
Quote by public_witness
when i was 5 i wouldnt daydream about ****ing transformers, i'd be too busy freaking out at the fact that i was in a digging machine. What the **** is a jbc?

"JCB" It is a digging machine... it's actually the company that makes digging machines, but it's one of those things like "hoovers", it's come to symbolise the machines. I'm shocked someone hasn't heard of a JCB tbh.

And transformers were awesomeness when I was growing up. As was the A-team, it's my generation through and through.

The song is starting to be annoying already mind, and it hasn't even been released yet.
j0nmcc
former B&A mod
1,282 IQ
Andrews always been praising there on here for months and I could never be arsed listening to it and after hearing their song a fair few times, I think I HAVE to buy the album. That song is just class.

I feel stupid for not wanting to listen to them sooner. Andrew, you legend.

I saw it for hte first time the other week and after missing the beginning, i saw the end and i was like "Ohhhh so THAT's Nizlopi." Then i was like, damn it...i cacnt believe i skipped these guys.

Oh yeha, how do you pronounce Nizlopi?
Last edited by j0nmcc at Dec 13, 2005,
Andrewbiles
11,166 IQ
Quote by j0nmcc
Andrews always been praising there on here for months and I could never be arsed listening to it and after hearing their song a fair few times, I think I HAVE to buy the album. That song is just class.

I feel stupid for not wanting to listen to them sooner. Andrew, you legend.

I saw it for hte first time the other week and after missing the beginning, i saw the end and i was like "Ohhhh so THAT's Nizlopi." Then i was like, damn it...i cacnt believe i skipped these guys.

Oh yeha, how do you pronounce Nizlopi?

Are there many alternate ways of pronouncing 'nizlopi'? I've always said it niz-lop-e (that's not 'lope' as in antilope, but rather 'lop' as in flop, and then 'e' as in the letter).

RateYourMusic
j0nmcc
former B&A mod
1,282 IQ
See, i woulda pronounced it niz-lo-pi

::/
Andrewbiles
11,166 IQ
^ I think you need to get away from the maths text books for a while Jon

RateYourMusic
jallas
dying is fine
1,802 IQ
Quote by j0nmcc
See, i woulda pronounced it niz-lo-pi

::/

Heh that's what I say too
Quote by Kensai
Maybe you've heard what the ladies say: "Once you go 77mm you don't go back"
LazyGuitar
Caramelised
1,921 IQ
I'd say Niz-low-pie.

But luckily, I doubt i'll ever drop them into random conversation so it matters not
Andrewbiles
11,166 IQ
I declare you three, nuts.

RateYourMusic