Page 3 of 33
Quote by Mr. President
If you could pick one band- Wintersun or Ensiferum-to exist-who would you pick?

Ensiferum, but Wintersun are still cool.
Quote by Mr. President
If you could pick one band- Wintersun or Ensiferum-to exist-who would you pick?

Wintersun.

Fo' sho nigga.
roar
ah wow man, i LOVE wintersun i listen to the album pretty much every day
I really hope Jari is gonna use his clean vocals more on the new record. just because they are so awesome, bot the the Kai Hansen style stuff and the Death and the Healing style lower mighty vocals.
I've only heard Beyond The Dark Son and I really liked it. should really look into these guys more.
Quote by masterohumans
there is something wrong with you that has nothing to do with that instrument you want to build.
i could be wrong but it says the other guitarist for them is 20 on wikipedia... does he play any solo's or just the melodies in the verses??
nyrkki
Founder of UG's COB Hatecrew
^He plays some of the solos, but Jari of course plays the bulk of the stuff. Gah has anyone seen that video of him playing the Winter Madness solo live and like, not even trying? He really is a fantastic composer/arranger and that solo is one of those song within a song solos, especially the sweeping bit.

EDIT: Sleeping Stars= one THE best songs ever written. I love the mighty vox when he says "Join with us eternally" and "I must have been away so long etc."
Member #2 of the "Eggnog > Humanity" club
^^Pm Scourge441 to join

PM MackDaddy or RhinosaurBones to join the Mortal Kombat Klub. That's right, Klub with a K.

Quote by happytimeharry
wow, is that backgammon? Now that's what I call fore play...
Last edited by liesofautumn at Mar 24, 2007,
Quote by liesofautumn
^He plays some of the solos, but Jari of course plays the bulk of the stuff.

I hope you aren't referring to the album, because the other guitarist (isn't his name Temu or something) wasn't with the band at that point of time. Live he actually plays solos too, and his playing is not worse than Jari's, that's for sure.
Yeah I meant live, and your right his playing isn't worse than Jari's. I hope you weren't inferring that I said that.
Member #2 of the "Eggnog > Humanity" club
^^Pm Scourge441 to join

PM MackDaddy or RhinosaurBones to join the Mortal Kombat Klub. That's right, Klub with a K.

Quote by happytimeharry
wow, is that backgammon? Now that's what I call fore play...
Quote by liesofautumn
^He plays some of the solos, but Jari of course plays the bulk of the stuff. Gah has anyone seen that video of him playing the Winter Madness solo live and like, not even trying? He really is a fantastic composer/arranger and that solo is one of those song within a song solos, especially the sweeping bit.

EDIT: Sleeping Stars= one THE best songs ever written. I love the mighty vox when he says "Join with us eternally" and "I must have been away so long etc."

If your talkin about the one from summer Breeze God damn thats good....
nyrkki
Quote by liesofautumn

Yeah dude! That's such a good song. I like how it's split up in four different parts.
I truly am my own redeemer
Blindly I follow none but myself
Without fear I am
Unhallowed be my name

Myself am hell and hell I shall unleash
I laugh at Thee to scorn
Mock Thy majesty
Pour forth my chalice ov victory
Haha, nice. Someone should do an interpretation of one of their songs for youtube.
Go get your shovel.
Quote by Slayer224

I'd live in Jari's universe if it was made out of his balls.
Without fear I am
Unhallowed be my name

I laugh at Thee to scorn
Mock Thy majesty
Quote by The Oceanborn
^the guitar pro tabs contain bass parts, the ones on this site are pretty good.

i got power tab but not guitar pro... should prob get that one hey...
nyrkki
^ I made it tiny in hopes he won't notice. I fear Necrophagist fanboys, even though at times I get obsessive about them too.
Its all good. What if they joined forces and became the ultimate guitar duo? EPIC AND GUTTERAL VOX WITH UNHOLY SWEEPS FTW
Jari is amazing...

EDIT: Embodiment I am a Necrophagist Fanboy and I have to say that Jari > Suicmez. Mainly because Jari can play slow as well as shred. But damn thats hard to admit.
Spastic Ink
Last edited by Schmietty at Mar 25, 2007,
^ Alright, so I'm not alone. W00t. I love Suicmez's guitar work, it's really impressive but I find Jari's more impressive is all.
Quote by JimmyTheRipper
Its all good. What if they joined forces and became the ultimate guitar duo? EPIC AND GUTTERAL VOX WITH UNHOLY SWEEPS FTW

That would be godly.
Jari and Suicmez probably wouldn't work. Two very contrasting styles. Though 'viking tech-death with neoclassical influences' does sound very sexy.
That'd be a crazy combo, but I think Suicmez song writing isn't anywhere at all as good as Jari's. They can both Solo ****ing crazy though. I just think It'd be too akward with those two types of playing styles.
Without fear I am
Unhallowed be my name

I laugh at Thee to scorn
Mock Thy majesty
I'm sad that Beyond the Dark Sun is so short....It's too awesome to be 2:38.
Go get your shovel.
Quote by garden of grey
Is it me or does Jari have a really Mexican looking pseudo-goatee in the "Beyond the Dark Sun" video?

Yeah. With the moustache and everything too. He has enormous teeth as well.
Go get your shovel.
Quote by SynGates7X
Yeah. With the moustache and everything too. He has an enormous nose as well.

Fixed.

Lol but really, I ****ing love Jari.

Actually listening to Starchild right now.
Without fear I am
Unhallowed be my name

I laugh at Thee to scorn
Mock Thy majesty
Quote by Embodiment

Sleeping Stars is so beautiful.

QFT.
Without fear I am
Unhallowed be my name

I laugh at Thee to scorn
Mock Thy majesty
I think I listened to that album 4 or 5 times yesterday. It's too good. I guess I'll listen to it again.
Go get your shovel.
Haha.. Ignorant people make me laugh. One of my friends said Jari sucks at guitar.
Go get your shovel.
He's either retarded or joking.
Without fear I am
Unhallowed be my name

I laugh at Thee to scorn
Mock Thy majesty
Ah, see what I mean.