Page 3 of 144
Quote by zombie_ritual
dudes playing is very impressive but you gotta admit its kinda lame the band stays completely still like the whole damn time that can be boring
Because they're playing tech death?
Bleh.

Member #3 of the I Am Canadian Club, pm colen or Mantiscabinet to join
Member #3 of the Necrophagist worshippers pm night_lights to join
Member #2 of the Ibanez RG5xx & up club PM tombo32 to join < 110% credit to t2russo
Haha, yeah, when's the last time you saw any tech death guitarist jumping around on stage and headbanging? Tech death is one of the hardest (if not THE hardest) forms of music to play. It requires a ton of concentration. I was reading something Karl posted on the Nilechat.net forums saying that he has to position himself in a certain manner when he plays some of the legato riffs on Lashed To The Slave Stick because he's screwed up his back doing it before. Hell, that song doesn't even have a solo.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=necrophagist

I just found these video's on Google and thought you guys might enjoy them. How on earth do you learn to play and sing like that at the same time?!
All-O-Gistics:

Thou shalt always go for greatness
Thou shalt not commit adulthood (ALL)
Thou shalt not partake of decaf (ALL!)
Thou shalt not have no idea (ALL)
Thou shalt not allow anything to deter you in your quest for all (ALL!)
^ lol

Didn't we already come to the conclusion that mohammed didn't have many friends as a child?

If I locked myself in a room for 3 months with a guitar I STILL wouldnt be able to do that.
Quote by xxgenocide98xx
^ lol

Didn't we already come to the conclusion that mohammed didn't have many friends as a child?

If I locked myself in a room for 3 months with a guitar I STILL wouldnt be able to do that.

Noob. Give me 3 months with nothing else to do and I would be able to play anything.
When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.
Well, when people stay in a room for 3 months without sleep/food/drink etc., they tend to die.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Quote by xxgenocide98xx
^ lol

Thats not true. He wasn't a prodigy.
Bleh.

Member #2 of the Ibanez RG5xx & up club PM tombo32 to join < 110% credit to t2russo
Quote by MetalToTheEnd
Thats not true. He wasn't a prodigy.

I know, 'twas sarcasm my good man.

But he does kick quite a bit of ass. I'm still trying to play Opeth while singing.. It looks like such a long road to necrophagist.
^find it easier to play wierd timesignatures(like 7/8) and growl, then playing 4/4 and growl.
</IMO>
That guitar style isn't as difficult as all of you are exclaiming or believe it is. The thing that gets me about Mohammed is that he's able to play to such close perfection on guitar while doing the vocal work at the same time, now thats awesome. Those two aspects combined in his play are what is so cool about the music. Otherwise all it is, is him keeping his fingers really busy throughout the songs.
Black/Death.
Quote by MetallichaoS
That guitar style isn't as difficult as all of you are exclaiming or believe it is. The thing that gets me about Mohammed is that he's able to play to such close perfection on guitar while doing the vocal work at the same time, now thats awesome. Those two aspects combined in his play are what is so cool about the music. Otherwise all it is, is him keeping his fingers really busy throughout the songs.

Exactly.

But keep in mind that he has quite a few riffs and variations of those to play.
Bleh.

Quote by Davidian
Steve vai wasnt either.

But steve vai dosent do six string sweeps while singing either.
</IMO>
Quote by trollblod
^find it easier to play wierd timesignatures(like 7/8) and growl, then playing 4/4 and growl.

I'm just trying to get it correct, Its not just a regular gutteral thing, the notes are actually sustained so its like playing two things at once, your guitar and your voice, I could do gutterals all day long.. I'm about | | far from playing and singing cold hate, warm blood, but Opeth are kinda tricky, at least the songs I've been trying, like Serenity Painted Death and stuff.
either learn to do the vocals to the point that you don't need to think about them or learn the guitar parts that way.

get what im saying? learn to do the other without concentrating on it so you can focus on the other.
</IMO>
Quote by trollblod
either learn to do the vocals to the point that you don't need to think about them or learn the guitar parts that way.

get what im saying? learn to do the other without concentrating on it so you can focus on the other.

I know them both, but you dont really learn opeth to the point where it requires no concentration, its not exactly 3 chord punk, yanno?

Mostly its just remembering where the lyrics go and the vocal melodies etc, like I said, they arent gutterals, so its not just grunt grunt grunt.
yeah, ive tried some opeth,it was'nt easy.

however, masters apprentice is quite easy to sing and play at the same time.
</IMO>
LOVE THEM, i seriously hated DM like a week ago but this band made the bridge for me to appreicate them the guitarist is freaking sick, and u gotta love his random ass sweeps, necrophagist pwns
Just for the record, there are 2 guitarists in this band, and they are both amazing, they play basically the same all the time, only harmonized.
Quote by OfficerDickhead
Just for the record, there are 2 guitarists in this band, and they are both amazing, they play basically the same all the time, only harmonized.

Was just Mohammed for the first album though, now they have two guitarists to basically double the ownage.

On a side note: They use ENGL and Peavey, both of which I am a proud owner \m/ I dailed in a perfect necrophagist tone yesterday, it was quite awesome.
theyre so ****ing amazing.
Quote by fronkpies
Just search "japanese chicks with big fat dicks" on google and you'll see.
Quote by panzram420
yes i get to see these guys ne body else goin maryland death fest?

I probably will be. I can't ****in wait.

But steve vai dosent do six string sweeps while singing either.

As amazing as Necrophagist is, and although they're one of my favorite bands of all time, Steve Vai could kick his ass in guitar.
Quote by saxaxe

As amazing as Necrophagist is, and although they're one of my favorite bands of all time, Steve Vai could kick his ass in guitar.

Maybe but steve cant sing and sweep at the same time.
Quote by Davidian
Because that is br00tal your are just jalous because you dad is more kvlt than you

Thats not tr00, im so kvlt that im my own dad.
www.figureofhate.moonfruit.com Death metal from the Shire

"Give it some"
Whats ENGL, and by sweeping do you mean sweep-picking?
Quote by pentagram_man63
OR, if youre REALLY hardcore, you can try DROP C!!!!!!!!!!! TEH R0XXXX0RRRZZ!!!!!!!1111ONEONE!!!!111

I Need A Better Sig
i'm new to this thread, havent read the entire thing, probably wont, so i'm just going to get everything i have to say out of the way

by sweeping i assume he means sweep-picking

Fermented Offal Discharge = Best Song Ever

Muhammed > Everything

the phagmeisters are coming to toronto finally...with ARSIS OMG OMG
Last edited by scubaSteve17 at Feb 2, 2006,
Quote by ChimyChonga Man
Whats ENGL, and by sweeping do you mean sweep-picking?

ENGL is a type of amp. And yes thats sweep picking.

God you gotta love these guys even though i dont listen to much death.
roar
Quote by saxaxe

At this point I don't honestly believe so. Anyone that technically good, anyone that quick and can do it whilst singing seriously kicks my ass. THAT is why muhammed isnt just medicore or good- that is why he is GREAT.