paulmacaroni
850 IQ
ok i need more phish albums...these guys r amazing...

if you have not listened to phish be4...u have 2 check them out...i cant stop listening 2 them

if any of you have phish, trey anastasio albums, or the oysterhead album and want to trade with me for any of my cd's PLEEASSE pm me..

im dying to get more phish

my cd list is in my signature
misfits385
Scanned
283 IQ
Yeah, wrong forum.
Quote by utsapp89
CRUSHING
SLAMMING
BROCOLI!
Face it, t3h MG mini-stack pwns your face.
nasstyman
439 IQ
i havn't heard of phish before... i'll check them out

whats a few good songs by them?
Quote by Gunpowder
Just remember, you can't spell "Ugly" without "UG"

Quote by tands

nasstyman you are full of win in the same way tobacco companies are full of ****
paulmacaroni
850 IQ
and yes..this is the right forum....they were a jam band, but known as rock...and i didnt know if i should put it in classic or new...cause they broke up in 2004...
hippiemusic101
hippie music is the best!
133 IQ
they broke up? on there site they have the list of there tour dates for this year?
Quote by Gemini
I smell an egotistical asshat. No offense or anything.

RECORDNERD

UG's Official Jefferson Airplane Fan
jayr123guitar
YOU NEED MORE GUITAR
1,807 IQ
PHISH did break up. Trey & Mike both are touring seperately. Mike plays with Leo Kottke, check that stuff out it's amazing!! As far as Phish goes my favorites are Junta & A Live One. If you're into them go for as much live stuff as you can. Thats what they did best!

And actually Phish have been around since 1983, so technically they are classic rock, sort of.
xX*Zeppelin*Xx
jamming econo
1,398 IQ
Quote by hen
Not classic rock

Technically they are, as I believe the cut off point is around 1986.
mercedesisbenz
Cissy Strut
1,293 IQ
Quote by paulmacaroni
ok i need more phish albums...these guys r amazing...

if you have not listened to phish be4...u have 2 check them out...i cant stop listening 2 them

if any of you have phish, trey anastasio albums, or the oysterhead album and want to trade with me for any of my cd's PLEEASSE pm me..

im dying to get more phish

my cd list is in my signature

just download thier entire discography from bittorrent. you should be able to get every song ever recorded by them in a day if you have high-speed.
seljer
UG Resident
1,381 IQ
Quote by mercedesisbenz
just download thier entire discography from bittorrent. you should be able to get every song ever recorded by them in a day if you have high-speed.

hah...try downloading every file that people recorded of them easily more than a couple of hundred or so shows on the internet

really, Phish rock live, only a handful of bands can strech out a song into a 30 minute jam
paulmacaroni
850 IQ
haha they r absolutely amazing live...but i want all the studio albums so i know wut there playin live...or else i dunno the song their playin live and its not as good..
jayr123guitar
YOU NEED MORE GUITAR
1,807 IQ
Their entire song list live is something like 1500 songs. Their albums in total have maybe 100. Either way you're going to hear tunes that you may not be familiar with. This is what makes it so cool. Every live show gives you something different. Thats why some people (including me) collect the live tapes and discs. I've a got a couple hundred and every one is completely different! Man, I hope they reunite someday.
paulmacaroni
850 IQ
i think they might...u no the concert trey did like a couple weeks ago??
well page came on stage and played the keyboard...
and mike gordon hasnt daid anything like he doesnt wanna get back 2gether anymore
but i think there might be somthing wrong with trey...hes definitely not as good as he used 2...just look at his new solo album shine...definitely not his best work...hes my favoriite guitarist of all time..and i rely hope he goes back 2 normal...
but i think theres hope they will get back together
Four-Sticks
Groovin high all the time
82 IQ
Most of their best stuff resides in the massive collection of bootlegs that people make.
Their studio stuff is no where near as good as their live stuff.
rx_eb
rawwwr
273 IQ
Quote by xX*Zeppelin*Xx
Technically they are, as I believe the cut off point is around 1986.

yeah right

it's 1984
My Spanish Hearts
Four-Sticks
Groovin high all the time
82 IQ
Phish started before 1984, but that doesn't mean that they are classic rock. 1984 is a dumb fucking cutoff date anyway. IMO it should be right at the turn of the decade, 1980.
paulmacaroni
850 IQ
it rely doesnt matter

the point of the thread is 2 ask any1 if they have phish albums they would like 2 trade
trey-col89
the angry young man
1,127 IQ
Their early albums... Junta, Lawn Boy, and a Picture of Necter are al amazing... containing many complicated progressive jams invluded Divided Sky, David Bowie, YEM, Stash, and Run Like an Antelope. Then as you get into their mid 90s albums like Hoist and Billy Breathes, they go back to a more simple approach with songs like Sample In A Jar (one of my favorites), Character Zero, and Down With Disease. Their late 90/2000 albums are pretty good, not as great as their earlier stuff, but still worth a listen (Story of the Ghost).... their live albums are pretty good too, check out A Live One for those who haven't. But yeah... I love Phish. Golgi Apparatus is probably my favorite song.
*Official Deadhead*

The times they are a-changin'
trey-col89
the angry young man
1,127 IQ
Quote by Four-Sticks
Phish started before 1984, but that doesn't mean that they are classic rock. 1984 is a dumb fucking cutoff date anyway. IMO it should be right at the turn of the decade, 1980.

Agreed, so many things happened in 1980 like the death of John Lennon, death of Bonzo, death of Moon (78 I think, but still close enough), Rick Wright leaves Pink Floyd (their first absentee member since they kicked out Syd)..... 1980 should be the cutoff date.
*Official Deadhead*

The times they are a-changin'
paulmacaroni
850 IQ
do u have any phish albums u are willing to trade to me

i will trade any cd...just look at my recordnerd in my signature
klein82887
acoustacizer
155 IQ
I love Phish too. Why don't you just download evrything you want for free. I can't believe you hadn't heard Phish before.
Bob Marley Fan Club Member #3. PM basketcase23 to join.
Quote by carlsbad
klein82887 i love you.

Quote by frippogenics
Only in America do most people get their news from the Daily Show.
klein82887
acoustacizer
155 IQ
Use Limewire or Bitlord.
Limewire files aren't grouped, but with bitlord, you can get the whole discography easy

if you buy a live cd, get the one with like 7 discs
Bob Marley Fan Club Member #3. PM basketcase23 to join.
Quote by carlsbad
klein82887 i love you.

Quote by frippogenics
Only in America do most people get their news from the Daily Show.
Last edited by klein82887 at Dec 18, 2005,
telex289
Fool On The Hill
668 IQ
they're known (like the grateful dead) for their live material. buy Phish: A Live One. its such a great live cd... the quality is awsome, the jams and setlist for it is absolutely amazing. its basically The Best of Phish : Live.

hoist and junta have my favorite songs by phish though.
paulmacaroni
850 IQ
the problem with limewire - its hard to find a whole cd. you can only find certain songs

the problem with bitlord - i found the discography, but there are no seeders so i can download it
hippiemusic101
hippie music is the best!
133 IQ
hey is anyone willing to trade phish to me? just check my recordnerd, pm me if so
Quote by Gemini
I smell an egotistical asshat. No offense or anything.

RECORDNERD

UG's Official Jefferson Airplane Fan
Sqeeezie
UG Member
950 IQ
What intrigues me about Phish is that Trey rarely uses the standard open chords. Say instead of doing D major as the standard : x x 0 2 3 2 Trey would play it as : x 0 12 11 10 0

He tends to use 7ths chords alot too.
I had my hands in the river,
My feet back up on the bank,
Looked up to the Lord above and said,
"Hey man, Thanks"

Dr. Spinnerbait of the UG Fishermans Club. PM Joe-Fish to join.
jiminizzle
Lost Pilot
2,775 IQ
phish is a jam band and in my opinion the best

billy breathes is a studio masterpiece and is very relaxing- billy breathes solo- possibly my fav. solo ever! also waste is great- the whole album is amazing
undermind is cool- scents and subtle sounds and army of one are amazing
a picture of necter- classic style of phish- good stuff

phish live 10 is cool
new years ever 1999 (or 98? im not sure) madison square garden has some cool stuff

also check out gamehenge- phish's epic tale of fantasy lands and colonel forbin and icculus and wilson... etc. really cool stuff

phish is legendary

treys solo stuff is great too like "sleep again"
my fav. oysterhead song is 'oz is everfloating"

you should hit up youtube for a couple vids

watch

just hear the emotion- this is what its all about
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Em80ViNVlHM
Amen

Billy Breathes solo- BEST EVER

-sorry just wanted to spread the music
Sloopy
is classic rock.
2,622 IQ
Awesome band. Kinda like new age Grateful Dead in a way. You should get some live bootlegs - I have a few.
DALAI LAMA OF ZEPPELINISM

Quote by Kartman

I look up to you now. I'm serious, I have more respect for you than most Ugers!
IrishBlues
Eat A Peach for Peace
480 IQ
I absolutely love Phish. I got several concerts on my computer and Im getting Hampton Comes Alive and A Live One for Christmas.

Don't want to be an actor pretending on the stage
Don't want to be a writer with my thoughts out on the page
Don't want to be a painter 'cause everyone comes to look
Don't want to be anything where my life's an open book

Phish - Waste
get-born
Illegal in 37 States...
2,096 IQ
Quote by paulmacaroni
do u have any phish albums u are willing to trade to me

i will trade any cd...just look at my recordnerd in my signature

I would be willing to trade you Hoist for Sabbath's reunion.

PM me for more details.
Sqeeezie
UG Member
950 IQ
Trey is the best guitarist of the 90's. Easily. 96-98 are the best years, i think.
I had my hands in the river,
My feet back up on the bank,
Looked up to the Lord above and said,
"Hey man, Thanks"

Dr. Spinnerbait of the UG Fishermans Club. PM Joe-Fish to join.
IrishBlues
Eat A Peach for Peace
480 IQ
My favorite band behind Allman Brothers. I just got into them about two months ago and have about 150 songs of theirs. I bought Hampton Comes Alive and A Live One and reccommend both highly.

Don't want to be an actor pretending on the stage
Don't want to be a writer with my thoughts out on the page
Don't want to be a painter 'cause everyone comes to look
Don't want to be anything where my life's an open book

Phish - Waste