Page 4 of 36
Porcupine Tree is definately my fav band...lots of ppl are asking about similar bands, i think i saw some1 already mention opeth but i would also definately recommend Riverside, listen to "second life syndrome" or "out of myself" i heard some of the songs of those and i just ordered them both Lol some1 said pink floyd arnt prog? not only are they prog but they are definately the best prog psychedelic band ever.When Porcupine Tree started back when it was just Steve Wilson his music was very influenced by pink floyd.Listen to "radioactive toy", its almost a complete pink floyd rip off lol.But if your new to PT i'd recommend pretty much any of their albums,"Deadwing" and "In Absentia" are great, though their really early stuff like "On The Sunday of Life" may require a more refined taste.I haven't heard Voyage 34 yet but i heard its a psychadelic masterpiece Anyway check out Riverside they are great
Their new album "Fear of a Blank Planet" is due to be released in April - with two guest appearences: the first one being Robert Fripp of King Crimson and the second one Alex Lifeson of Rush! Can't wait for it, really!

There is no dark side of the moon, as a matter of fact, it's all dark.

My last.fm

"Member of the UG Pink Floyd Fan club PM stonegolem13 or nick dixon to join"
Following two album playback events in New York and at Abbey Road in London, the track listing of the new Porcupine Tree album "Fear of a Blank Planet" has been revealed:

1. Fear of a Blank Planet (7.28)
2. My Ashes (5.07)
3. Anesthetize (17.42)
4. Sentimental (5.26)
5. Way Out of Here (7.37)
6. Sleep Together (7.28)

The album is set for April release through Roadrunner in Europe, Atlantic in the US, and WHD Entertainment in Japan. It's likely that both the stereo CD and 5.1 surround sound DVDA will be packaged together as standard.

Please note that a version of the album currently listed on several mail order sites in Japan with an additional track included in the running order, and supposedly coming out in March, categorically does not exist, so do not order it!

I can't wait to hear that 18 minute masterpiece
It's interesting to see Roadrunner getting awesome bands on their label now. Can't wait for this album.
Trains & The Sky Moves Sideways are awesome tracks! They blend so many things in their music, it's amazing!
You simply MUST check out my music on
Reverbnation Downloads available here
Myspace Streaming Only

Especially for fans of Tool, APC, Avant-Garde, Ambient music, rock instrumentals, and fans of music in general. Will not disappoint.
Anyone seen Gavin Harrison's Cymbal Song on Arriving Somewhere...? It's awesome, watch it - NOW!

There is no dark side of the moon, as a matter of fact, it's all dark.

My last.fm

"Member of the UG Pink Floyd Fan club PM stonegolem13 or nick dixon to join"
Quote by The_Yoki
Anyone seen Gavin Harrison's Cymbal Song on Arriving Somewhere...? It's awesome, watch it - NOW!

Haha its sweet. The whole DVD is amazing.

i love all of PT, I cant get enough of it. In Absentia, Lightbulb Sun and Deadwing are probably my favourtie, I like listening to Voyage 34 when high. I love Phase I and Phase II, especially the guitar solo parts. They are incredible. Anyone ever put on Voyage 34 and watch the crazy graphics in Windows Media Player? :wtf its intense

Also, does anyone know where I can find the song Buying New Soul on the internet anywhere? It's on the DVD but my DVD is at home, and I'm at university. I really want to hear that song. I found it on youtube but I want to download it.
Last edited by fps_doug at Feb 10, 2007,
Just ordered the "arriving somewhere" dvd. Can't wait!!!
I got In absemtia recently. Its pretty cool but I don't quite see what the huge deal is. good album though
Quote by bearded_monkey
Everytime I go into the guitar shop and ask for a G-String the shopkeeper always makes that TERRIBLE joke about it not being an underwear shop

So next time I go in I'm gonna ask for a thong
I heard 2 leaked tracks from the new album, Fear of a Blank Planet. They weren't really that fantastic, but I'm sure the album will be great. Like, it IS Steven Wilson.
Holy Shitzu!!!!!! The album preview on there myspace sounds amazing...........
I learned trains and lazurus yesterday......any other suggestions on songs of theirs to play acoustic???
REALLY been getting into these guys lately. Heard / found out about them about a year ago. Lost all the contents of my hard drive and never got around to getting their stuff again. But as of recently I picked up Deadwing and Futile. Going to pick up a few more as soon as I can. Love em.
Here's some awsome info about the new album, listen to this (interview/monologue with SW) it also has some awsome music clips as well (the ending part of sleep together sounds awsome!!.This will most likely be my favorite PT album yet.
I'm heading out to a PT concert May 18th. psyched for that one.
Quote by Yespleasevicar
NevermorePsalm thank you for showing me how clever and witty one person can be in just a few sentances. My God i wanna be like u so much! In fact we all do. Well done

Steven Wilson and Mikael Akerfeldt own my soul.
I'm going to see them May 23rd, can't wait! it's my first PT concert
I'm listening to In Absentia (and Porcupine Tree) for the first time right now, so far so fucking good...
Known.
Some.
Call.
Is.
Air.
Am?

Incoherent - yes.
Without meaning - I'm afraid not.

"Known some call is air am."
Which is to say-

"I am not what I used to be"
Quote by PooKoo
may 22nd hopefully for me.
Where do you live ^?

New Jersey
Last edited by PTfan at Apr 14, 2007,
i shall be seein them live in june....
Quote by beadhangingOne
There is no music but metal and muhammad is its prophet.
My newest favourite band... I got signify and recently In Absentia then Deadwing.... any ideas of what I should go for next?

And I love the heavy PT songs the most probably. Shallow ftw!
Quote by sam i am
My newest favourite band... I got signify and recently In Absentia then Deadwing.... any ideas of what I should go for next?

And I love the heavy PT songs the most probably. Shallow ftw!

You definately want to get Stupid Dream and Lightbulb Sun, great album.After that I'd suggest getting Sky Moves Sideways.Also their dvd, Arriving somwhere, is amazing!
The new album is good shit. Especially digging songs Anesthetize and Sleep together.
Does anyone else here have signify? I haven't heard it mentioned much. It's a decent album, although my least favourite of the three I have. I like sleep but no dreaming.
I don't have it yet but I've heard most of the songs off it.
I have:
In Absentia
Deadwing
Stupid Dream
Metonia
Voyage 34
The Sky Moves Sideways
On The Sunday of Life
Warsawza (live)
Coma Divine(live)
And i pre ordered Fear of a Blank Planet but it isn't released yet here in USA
Btw "sam i am" In the UK Fear of a Blank Planet released today so I'd DEFINATELY suggest getting it.It's their heaviest album yet and their best in my opinion and i've only heard bits of it.
Who else is looking forward to Fear of a Blank Planet as much as I am?!?
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by ThisPerishedMin
steven wilsons great. fear of a blank planet reinforces that fact.

buy it.

I'm a po' folk!
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by walkinbazooka
Who else is looking forward to Fear of a Blank Planet as much as I am?!?

Probably more then you, I've been grubbing at every bit of info on it i can since about 2 months ago
BTW there was a music video to the main titled song on FoaBP but it was removed today due to the tragedy at virginia tech.(The video included kids with guns)

EDIT: is it back up pooKoo?
Quote by Axegrinder#9
hello children, I just got hold of "Fear of a Blank Planet"

How?? Downloaded the leak..? I'm resisting myself from that :/
Quote by PTfan
Probably more then you, I've been grubbing at every bit of info on it i can since about 2 months ago
BTW there was a music video to the main titled song on FoaBP but it was removed today due to the tragedy at virginia tech.(The video included kids with guns)

EDIT: is it back up pooKoo?

Nope, guess not. Shame, it was a cool video.