Page 1 of 2
Towlie
UG Towel for Public Use
431 IQ
Amazingly enough, i didnt go to see every live alt/indie band this year live, so i cant say.

Please call again...
Quote by ibanez901
I brush my pubal forest into a combover.
Goon
tele on the belly
380 IQ
The only alt/Indie band even close to that genre that I saw this year was The Hives and it was definitely one of the best concerts i've ever been too

No bands come here..
MyMetalHeart<3
No more panty lines
10 IQ
Quote by dedrocker92
modest mouse sucks ass live

try seeing them 5 years ago and you'd change your mind.

but, in other news....

the WORST is BLOC PARTY. kill them. not to mention the lead singer is a dirty trick ass hoe. sounds white, dresses white, but clearly isnt. im down with other races but seems liek he is trying to be something he isnt. and of course, they suck **** live.
Meow.
928GTS
Un nouveau jour
298 IQ
Seriously would someone PLEASE trample The Kaiser Chiefs for their awful synthy crap? I predict a riot? Err more like I predict i'll kick your ass if you don't stop making craptacular music.
MyMetalHeart<3
No more panty lines
10 IQ
Quote by 928GTS
Seriously would someone PLEASE trample The Kaiser Chiefs for their awful synthy crap? I predict a riot? Err more like I predict i'll kick your ass if you don't stop making craptacular music.

well said my intelligent aquaintance
Meow.
MyMetalHeart<3
No more panty lines
10 IQ
Quote by RustyGold
modest mouse indeed, they only have like 2 good songs, the rest is ****

your a moron. how many albums would you say they have? how many have you actually listened to? thats right you ****.

(i apologize for the sensationalism, but i get protective over my home town bands)
Meow.
slinks
Bastard in a Basket
443 IQ
Quote by MyMetalHeart<3
your a moron. how many albums would you say they have? how many have you actually listened to? thats right you ****.

(i apologize for the sensationalism, but i get protective over my home town bands)

jallas
dying is fine
1,802 IQ
Quote by 928GTS

Uh yeah but they were ace live at V fest in the summer, really put on a good show I thought, just general light-heartedness

Worst were the Zutons.
Quote by Kensai
Maybe you've heard what the ladies say: "Once you go 77mm you don't go back"
armitage_cake
UG's Lead Guitarist...
53 IQ
Quote by jallas
Worst were the Zutons.

<3 Zutons

Hmmm I think that...... Bloc Party are awesome, and you have to give Kaisers credit because they have gotten so big with music that REALLY isn't that good.

If the Darkness did a gig this year, then I'm sure it was probably **** .... No bands really stick out as being exceptionally crap
Final
i'manevenworsemess.
877 IQ
edit - deleted what I had. I was in a really pissed off mood. Sorry. But yeah, I haven't really caught any shows around here so I can't really say. Bloc Party would be great to see in my opinion.
Last edited by Final at Dec 26, 2005,
sponj
UG Monkey
1,243 IQ
The Bravery, ****in hawfull
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
I am Samuel
232 IQ
Dustin's Bar Mitzvah
Apartment
Duels
The Young Knives
Editors

I could go on...most of the new sceney London bands.
phobos
Ed
327 IQ
Quote by sponj
The Bravery, ****in hawfull

i saw the live stream of the KROQ Acoustic Christmas...that was enough to see they were poor live. the vocals just drained ANY semblance of life from the show.
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
I like:

Phobos (he oozes cool)

Misfits and AC/DC Covers + original recordings (jazz/punk, hardcore, "shredish").
http://advancederror.dmusic.com
Andrewbiles
11,161 IQ
Quote by I am Samuel
Apartment

Nice to see they're getting some notice. Was a nice little list you had there, but I had to pick out the Apartment because I saw them probably a couple of years ago now with Cherryfalls and they'll always hold a little place in my heart (as they were the reason for starting the first 'Brits' thread on here).
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
GDTSA
Look at Snoop, chillin :]
211 IQ
I normally like bloc party, but they are total ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, live
"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth if you go straight long enough youll end up where you were."
- Isaac Brock

Real Men Dig Feminists

... and love pink!
paulpaulpaul
10 IQ
Quote by MyMetalHeart<3

the WORST is BLOC PARTY. kill them. not to mention the lead singer is a dirty trick ass hoe. sounds white, dresses white, but clearly isnt. im down with other races but seems liek he is trying to be something he isnt. and of course, they suck **** live.

how can you sound and dress white? to me, and im sure to pretty much every other non-narrow minded person on these boards, they would say he sounds british. what a bastard! how dare he sound british!

wait minute...

he is british?

hmmm.....

they were one of the best live bands i saw this year by the way
barney18
avid baby-eater
810 IQ
I have to agree with paul-to-the-third-power. I loved Bloc Party live at ACL and from other live videos. The singer has one of the strongest British accents while singing/talking that I've heard in a while. They put on a very high energy show and were spot on in every aspect IMHO. I would say worst for me was Embrace. I will always rant and rave about how he would stand motionless with his head down for 5 minutes while his band would rock out. The band themselves were great, but I think that I can only (barely) handle one UK Jesus out of Bono. The singer kept showing how enfatuated he was with himself while it was obvious that it was the band that had put out the only effort that night. I hate to say that one person could ruin a bands performance that badly.
sydbarrettsaves
love is simple
281 IQ
modest mouse sucks ass live cause issac is always drunk and he slobers the words out and it sounds like a garbled mess. pairing that with their ****ty new album its even worse. they used to be good live when the songs were actually good, then it didn't matter that you couldnt really understand what he was saying because it ruled reguardless.
music...

get your head out from those mags
and websites who try to shape your style
take a risk just for yourself
and wade into the deep end of the ocean
rocknrollstar5
10 IQ
Quote by jallas
Uh yeah but they were ace live at V fest in the summer, really put on a good show I thought, just general light-heartedness

why didnt you watch oasis?
jallas
dying is fine
1,802 IQ
...I did, lol.
Quote by Kensai
paulpaulpaul
10 IQ
indeed the bravery were awful live when i saw them, but they weren't quite as bad as one of the other support bands...

sons and daughters... first time i had heard them, they sounded ok, but the male guitarist was a complete and utter twat, he stopped halfway through a song because he didnt feel the crowd was reacting the right way and refused to play the rest because the crowd weren't enjoying it as he thought they should have...
jallas
dying is fine
1,802 IQ
I saw Sons & Daughters in April and thought they were pretty good tbh. Except for the female singer who probably should have bought her dress in the next size up :/
Quote by Kensai
radiofight202
JHSRVJM
528 IQ
bravery
epiphone dot
fender strat w/texas specials
epiphone ej-200ce
vox wah
ibanez ts9
menatone howie
boss dd6
fender 65 twin
Sundancekid
23 IQ
so the proclaimers they were amasing saw hard fi they were the epitamy of *****

(please don't nit pick if i miss spelt somthing surely you've got somthing better to do with your time)
#2 Member of the Whitesnake Fanclub.
PM .davis. for membership oppurtunities.

just showin' support the whitesnake, they're amazing

Gear
encore B1BTR (Rock On Bitch)
Marshall mg15cd
i_strum_i_drum
398 IQ
Quote by MyMetalHeart<3

firstly, it's quite obvious you have never seen them live. secondly well... you know i'm just going to let your immaturity speak for me when i say that you shouldn't be allowed to talk about music.
rockergurl09
the cheat has returned!
993 IQ
Gorrillaz (supposedly in the alt. category, even though they are hip-hop all the way.) They've seeped in the stupidest songs into rock radio. And the band members must be butt ugly since they never show themselves in public, just their demented cartoon characters.
rogue.orchid
Banned
10 IQ
bloc party - excellent live - extremely tight drumming - even my dad saw them on tv and said how god the drummer was

bravery - pretty much the opposite of bloc party - to be a dance band the drummer needs to be really tight on the bass drum - he wasnt, and the singing is just hopeless...
the-indie-kid
118 118
114 IQ
bloc party are incredible live. i had the album of them live at reading until my ipod screwed up.

worst live act of the year would have to be babyshambles, as they didnt turn up
elbow bored me a bit when i saw them live
HelpImARock
Do You Want More?!!!??!
150 IQ
And the band members must be butt ugly since they never show themselves in public, just their demented cartoon characters.

Your aware that the Gorillaz is the guy from Blurs' side project right?

I'm pretty sure it's just him and a bunch of studio musicians.

I got dragged to The Decemberists this year, and maybe it's just my dislike for them couple with an off night but they were really something awful.
Comin' straight out of Compton, with a loose cannon. Smoke big green, call it Bruce Banner.

"Hey son, how many girls called you today? Zero? Oh and how about yesterday? Uh... Zero? Well son, you know what they say. Zero plus zero equals FAG."
help:hmmm
++drip....drip.....drip++
37 IQ
i havent actually seen them but apparently Test Icicles are not very good live because they have a drum machine so apparently it dosent sound that great. amazing non-live though.
Andrewbiles
11,161 IQ
^ Yeah, I've heard nothing but bad things about their live performances, I don't think it's much to do with the drum machine though (unless it's a poor quality one) because I've seen people play alright with drum machines.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
help:hmmm
++drip....drip.....drip++
37 IQ
yer which is a shame really because i was going to get some tickets to see them b4 i heard that i re-thought it threw and ive waited so i can go see regina spektor at the zodiac in oxford.
scoob666
Parpsin' in your face
130 IQ
Billy Corgan was pretty poor. Luckily, I managed to liven up my evening by being violently ill then falling asleep for a bit.
Godzilla1969
UG's Pretentious Asshole
546 IQ
Are the Strokes Good live? Because I was thinking about buying tickets next time they're in LA.