SOADfan2021
234 IQ
Hey im matt and im 14, and im in a band. But we hardly practice and im very serious about my music. Everyone in my band are kick ass players (well maybe accept the base player) but the last time we practiced was in October. And im consantly askin them to have a band session so practice but theyre always too busy doing somthing else. Sometimes I think that theyre just telling me in a nice way that im out. Should I just leave or stay or anything else! Plz help.
Last edited by SOADfan2021 at Dec 27, 2005,
deusexbass2150
35 IQ
plz heal wtf lol

well I suggest you get them all together and talk to them, maybe they haven't kicked you out, maybe they've all just decided to quit or can't be bothered anymore.

Either way you should find out before you decide to quit
Quote by BostonLacrosse
happy birthday

i got you a *reported*
twistedsister
UG Freak
3,564 IQ
Kick you bandmates square in the balls and leave. Find musicians that have the same goals and passion that you do.
Nedir Kire
Omerta Loophole Finder
177 IQ
do what twistedsister said or leave them and not say anything. that's waht i did with one of the many drummers i went thru.
Dutch_Apples
UG's Career Advisor
1,354 IQ
I don't even consider this a band. You haven't practiced since October? That just shows me that those guys don't care about the band. Let's put it this way, over the weekend, some bandmates of mine got really mad that we didn't practice on Sunday because it was Christmas and were extremely mad that we had not practiced in 3 days ( I was one of them.) You need to find people like this to succeed.
I was once heavily prominent on these forums from 2004-2007, let's see how long I can stay now that I'm back.
Nedir Kire
Omerta Loophole Finder
177 IQ
Dutch_Apples is right. You need to find people who are dedicated to succeed.

And don't listen to kirbyrocknroll about the small penis thing. Chances are that he's just saying that to cover his baby carrot.

Look...... what you do is up to you. I also suggest that you keep playing and never give up.

I learned that the hard way.
Last edited by Nedir Kire at Dec 28, 2005,
TimiHendrix33
629 IQ
Listen to Emo...It'll cheer you and your band up. TRUST ME.
When your body's tired, exercise your mind.
SlashHammett
Wannbe Shredder
348 IQ
^ lol hope u were joking , we dont want anymore teen suicides
Quote by codybcool
Stagg's are the kind of brand that you see selling on eBay from a 0 feedback Chinese man for 99p and no one buys them.
KENZI
105 IQ
In my opinion you should leave them and find somebody thats dedicated and take it from there.
Universe is infinite, time is not, use both space and time with wise consideration.

Quote by Steve Cropper
. A powerchord is like ripping the expensive hardwood floor out of a room. The room still serves its purpose but dosen't look as nice. Unless you like carpet.
slash_i_m
158 IQ
i'm havin almost the same kinda problem.its become a war of genres our drummer's into daethmetal and me and the rythmn guitarist are into alternative.whatever we come up gets messed up by his drumming.
P.B.
lovedagibsons
609 IQ
if you havent' practised since October you arn't in a band.

you have got to find people that have the same goals as you do; in my band 2 of our members say 'we want it, blah blah, i'd sell my soul' but the friggin guy won't go and spread out posters to our next show which we are headlining? he won't go to clubs and and out demos? and the other guy won't ride a bus for 15 min. to get to a jam? at the same time i'm not always willing to be everyone's schoufeur (sp)
Cream fan club member #11.
Nedir Kire
Omerta Loophole Finder
177 IQ
SlashHammett is right. No more bad emo, plz. here's what i'd do 2 bad emo

slash_i_m, can't y'all compromise? or would you consider it a bad thing?

SOADfan2021, have you tried anything any of us suggested?
Last edited by Nedir Kire at Dec 29, 2005,
PICKS r4 DICKS
B's up, G's down
445 IQ
you spelt bass wrong.
but if the last time you practiced was october, then they must not be into the whole "band" thing at all.
tell them all to practice 2 or 3 songs. then have a jam session, and if they acctually did practice then theyll be like "hey were halfway decent, lets do this more often."
lol that probably wont happen but its worth a try
My basses:
red w/ black pickguard EB-0 (Jennifer) <-- crap bass
Dean Playmate Edge 09 (Casandra)
<-- got it used for 70 and i still love it
My guitar
Epiphone DR-100 (Layla)
<--nothing special but cheap
My amp:
Crate BT-50 Bass Amp(Butch)
Dom_H
55 IQ
i was in a band that never practiced, it doenst matter how good the musicians are, you need to practice.
I'm in a band now and we practice twice a week, same time, same place, unless something comes up.
Nedir Kire
Omerta Loophole Finder
177 IQ
Another thing......
if they say they're doing something else, chances are they're making up excuses. Sreiously, if they're giving you as much crap as i think they are, then leave them (as i said b4).
Fender_Strat_50
UG Fanatic
950 IQ
I have the same problem. I'm about to quit my band, but if i quit i couldnt find another band to play with. I dont know what to do.
Quote by Heid
More realistically....I once tried to give myself head....I gave myself a sore neck and a loss of pride...
LISTEN TO ME PLAY!
slash=legend
Musician
1,218 IQ
1. if your a good singer go solo
2. quit and take the other available player (if there is) with you
Guitars gear
Fender Nashville Telecaster
Vox AD30 Valvetronix
Zoom 707 multi effects
Angus76
Mr. Tinkertrain
706 IQ
quit, start a new band with other talented people.
VIVA LA REVOLUTION
PT 2 DOOR RULE
UG's Desperate Housewife
856 IQ
Talk to them individually to see if any of them want to continue or start up a new sorta band. You should get at least one of them to agree, and it's easier than searching for new members.
Ibanez RG1570
Epiphone Black Beauty
Line 6 Spider II 112
BOSS CS-3 Compression Sustainer
Nedir Kire
Omerta Loophole Finder
177 IQ
rocker4500 is right. An aspiring guitarist does deserve better. You could do what he suggested or go solo (just a suggestion :peace. I might do that........
garett
UG Addict
1,272 IQ
If I were you I'd stop taking this particular band seriously. It's obvious that they're not that serious. So rather than do anything about it .. just jam with them when you get the chance and move on to other ventures in the time being.

It's not unusual for musicians to be in a few different bands. Stop thinking of this group of individuals as a band and instead think of them as jam buddies. You can't force them to be serious about it and you're only 14 so don't think that this group is your road to the top or anything. You'll be in lots of different bands and meet lots of musicians that will want to jam. Try not to take it quite so seriously just yet. Wait until you find that group of people who are dedicated and want to practice a lot and put on shows.

So rather than calling them and being a dick about it or "quitting" or anything just let it go. If they call you up to jam then do it but stop bugging them about it because it's obvious they've got more important things to do. And in the mean time start your never ending quest to find new people to jam with.
smitherson
MVHC
226 IQ
1st, I suggest learning that bass is spelled B-A-S-S
2nd, I suggest to quit
3rd, find good players that are dedicated.
Next_Hendrix
137 IQ
I'd suggest jamming one on one with the bassist, and showing him the ropes of scales. This will help him improve, and inspire him to play more. Find the others with the bassist and show them material the two of you come up with. When they see this, perhaps they will be more inspired to play. The reason of their malcontent is most likely with the bassist not you. Peace,

Johnny
Man... Signatures are hard to come up with!
rockergurl09
the cheat has returned!
993 IQ
tell them how you are really serious about your playing, and that if they can't make time for practice, they should leave. And telll them how ridiculous it is that they couldn't find time since October.

Chances are, they'll notice what they've been doing to you, and reconsider their schedule.

If all else fails, leave.
Nedir Kire
Omerta Loophole Finder
177 IQ
/\ /\
couldn't be more right.
May the god of music be with you,
Nedir Kire
Chuck Mott
UG Newbie
10 IQ
Regardless, keep playing. Firings are common and often have nothing to do with your skills. Find or form another band if need be.
AlanHB
Godin's Resident Groupie
1,703 IQ
***Closed due to 2005 bump***
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud