Page 2 of 19
Suffocation is easily one of my favorite metal bands. i have all of their albums on hard copy.

and to the person who asked if Suffocation has released any videos they did, they did one for Synthetically Revived which was bassically their vocalist Frank running around and beating the **** out of people. great video and ****ing hilarious at the same time.
Hahaha that's great. It's like cKy, but without the horrible music.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
They aren't spectacular, just good.

I've never really listened to them much anyway
Quote by MaAal_MaAan
i don't see any reason not to. Although, when i was little, i had a bad experience and pissed all over my feet, i've since improved my aim dramatically and always get in the hole.

Last.FM
Quote by XBodomX
Suffocation is playing 2 hours from here and it's not an all ages show and it gets me pissed.....

Quote by morbid_death
I'm a huge faggot, and I love dick.
There are several Suffocation threads floatin around, so I decided to post here because this thread is the biggest one.
I'm seeing them in about two months, and I just want to ask: What kind of setlist to they have now? I really hope they will play some old stuff
Last edited by -Alek- at Jan 21, 2007,
Quote by uuuuhhhhhhhh
They have some of the best band weed ever

You've smoked up with them too? Me and a few of my buddies did when they were here in Toronto. Indeed, finest band weed.
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله
EOTF its a classic, pass through the bad production and listen to it well.

Anyone has the Live in Quebec cd? Its awesome they start with ......

INFECTIIIIIING DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA CRYPTS!!!!!

- Treat people the way you would like to be treated.
- Don't do to others what you wouldn't like others to do to you.
- Live and let live.
- Always tell the truth.
- If someone looks at you, just give them a nice smile they won't soon forget
Quote by LedZeppelin
Hahaha that's great. It's like cKy, but without the horrible music.

I like cKy, screw you.

Yeah, Suffocation are pretty good. I'd buy their stuff, if I see them in a CD store.
I love all of their stuff but the newest album they put out was my first... they are absolutely amazing...I saw them in Philly on the strhess tour last summer....they killed it...
Originally Posted by NAME GOES HERE
Dude, with a name like Cannibal Corpse, what were you expecting? Ponies and rainbows?

Suffocation=Classic death metal. It upsets me how I know almost know one who listens to these guys. And WTF, I wanna smoke up with Suffo!
The amount of people who listen to death metal and aren't familiar with their stuff is shocking.

By far, Suffocation is my favorite DM band.
^ Indeed.

Can anyone recommend a good first album to listen to since i've never really heard any of their stuff? lol
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Nelsean
^ Indeed.

Can anyone recommend a good first album to listen to since i've never really heard any of their stuff? lol

Effigy of the Forgotten

But you really can't go wrong with any of their albums.
Quote by MetalToTheEnd
I think they did Synthetically something? Whatever, I can't remember these names.

Synthetically Revived
Quote by Inimical

He does it in the Surgery of Impalement video, too!

THE HAND is by far the best DM stage thing, closely followed by Lord Worm's philosopher with a headache pose and Covan's robot
Quote by unfathomable_bo
THE HAND is by far the best DM stage thing, closely followed by Lord Worm's philosopher with a headache pose and Covan's robot

Don't forget the Franky Mullen tongue wag coupled with the THE HAND!

I'd put the Suicmez ninja right up there, too!
Last edited by Inimical at Jan 23, 2007,
^Goddamit! I NEED TO SEE THOSE!
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Great sounding band, but sometimes I think the lyrics can be alot better than they are.
Luckily I was on hand for Suffo's longest set ever....they played for just over 2 hours and played newest to oldest material. They started with Souls to Deny and played a handful of songs from each album until they got to the Human Waste album. BEST SHOW EVER. And "the hand" ****ing rules all!!
Their importance and influential stance is quite obvious. However, they're still overrated as fuck.

Explains why no one I talk to has the slightest clue who they are, and if they do, they only know 1 or 2 songs, or just don't give a damn.

Cannibal Corpse is an overrated death band, not Suffocation.
the last album i didnt like, the guitars sound like shit, the old guitar tone kicked ass though.
kill em all
Quote by nomadic_sinner
the last album i didnt like, the guitars sound like shit.

the songs were still brutal and well written though.
Read my post. Not this.
I dont think theyve ever made a shitty album like so many other Death Metal acts who came out around the same time. Suffocation are kings of brutal DM
Saw Suffocation last night. Hands down the BEST live show I've ever seen.
Their sound, energy and tightness made me realize that Deicide is actually a pretty crap live band, among others. Would've given the gig ten out of ten had they included Souls to Deny in their already pretty stellar setlist.
Here's Suffocation in a new commercial on the History Channel for the Dark Ages.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0jbNN75zU6k
              ┌────────────┐
            |  Jet fuel     |
            |  Can't melt    |
            |  Steel Beams  |
            └─────┰──────┘

i saw suffo at roseland ballroom in ny at stillborn fest 06 along with subzero, full blown chaos, crowbar, sick of it all, and hatebreed. they were f***ing awesome live.
Souls to deny is a great album but Effigy of the forgotten is one of the most (if not the) most influential death metal/grindcore releases of all time. Pierced from within is my fave though. "Thrones of Blood!"

When I came near losing my own life
It made me learn the true meaning of a smile
I need to listen more to this band, I have Effigy Of The Forgotten, what would be a good album to try next?
Known.
Some.
Call.
Is.
Air.
Am?

Incoherent - yes.
Without meaning - I'm afraid not.

"Known some call is air am."
Which is to say-

"I am not what I used to be"