Page 3 of 19
Pierced from within lol

its a huge step up from Effigy but it's class

Though, if you really like Effigy get Human Waste

damn choices

When I came near losing my own life
It made me learn the true meaning of a smile
I need to listen more to this band, I have Effigy Of The Forgotten, what would be a good album to try next?
PFW ftw.
The self-title rocks!

Been listening to it for a while now and there's not one single bad track on it, although I get butterflies when Bind Torture Kill comes up :P
- Treat people the way you would like to be treated.
- Don't do to others what you wouldn't like others to do to you.
- Live and let live.
- Always tell the truth.
- If someone looks at you, just give them a nice smile they won't soon forget
2 steps down or 1 1/2 steps down I believe. By the hand do you guys mean the like when he kinda puts his hand out like an open claw/hes giving a dude a physical?
Member #2 of the "Eggnog > Humanity" club
^^Pm Scourge441 to join

PM MackDaddy or RhinosaurBones to join the Mortal Kombat Klub. That's right, Klub with a K.

Quote by happytimeharry
wow, is that backgammon? Now that's what I call fore play...
Last edited by liesofautumn at Mar 24, 2007,
he does it in the abomnation reborn video, its when he puts his hand on his face, like in the movie liar liar jim carreys character does it, I think its because he likes death metal.
Quote by reed
They absolutely kill. Not overrated in the slightest. Seeing them live really puts that into perspective

Extreme truth, best gig I ever saw.

I love these guys in that they actually bring MORE then just brutality to the table, these guys have some of the most finely crafted songs in DM.
The breakdowns in their music are just obscene. The pit during Pierced From Within was absolutely retarded when I saw them.
Infecting The Crypts - Teh Sh!t.
My Gear:

Ibanez RG450LTDBC
Boss GT-8
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Behringer guitar
Behringer V-Tone GM108 Amp
...and my fingers.

Quote by unfathomable_bo
At a Nile gig when some guy shouted "Egypt is gay!"

^^
Quote by guitartilldeath
Infecting The Crypts - Teh Sh!t.

True!

...too bad it's the only really good song on that album
Last edited by -Alek- at May 14, 2007,
Bind Torture Kill owns. I could listen to that riff all day long...

Anyways, will probably see them when they go to Barcelona.
Quote by Twist of fate
Aliens can invade us. Apparently you've never heard of pearl harbor

Is he karate chopping in the Abomination Reborn vid? Or just waving his hand about? Not that it matters cause Frank Mullen could play accordion to a dancing monkey and it would still slay.
Member #2 of the "Eggnog > Humanity" club
^^Pm Scourge441 to join

PM MackDaddy or RhinosaurBones to join the Mortal Kombat Klub. That's right, Klub with a K.

Quote by happytimeharry
wow, is that backgammon? Now that's what I call fore play...
The intro riff to Reincremation is pretty amazing. Their guitar tone is pretty unique too.
WATCH THIS

Quote by GabeT347
does anybody have a sitar?
Quote by highway62
you have to buy them from george harrison. He owns all of them
Quote by -Alek-
True!

...too bad it's the only really good song on that album

Hahahahahahaha did I just read that correctly?! Infecting the Crypts is the only good song on Effigy? Hmmm I wasn't aware of that....I thought ALL of them were good. How can you not like Jesus Wept?
Suffocation are one of my fav bands....Catatonia makes me go fukking death mental every time I hear it.

I prefer the Human Waste version, its a lot rawer
Quote by liesofautumn
Is he karate chopping in the Abomination Reborn vid? Or just waving his hand about? Not that it matters cause Frank Mullen could play accordion to a dancing monkey and it would still slay.

Isnt that... THE HAND?!

Haha I love that thing... I just realized, I'm going to see them in Spain during the summer (first DM show FTW!), and if he does THE HAND, I'm gonna go fucking crazy.

Any input on their live performances?
Quote by Twist of fate

^^Frank Mullens New York accent+hand= all hahaha

What do they use for heads? I know they use BC Rich Warlocks, Vader cabs, but whats their head setup? Terrance and Guy's tones are bitchin. I really want to know.
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
Quote by mike130
Isnt that... THE HAND?!

Haha I love that thing... I just realized, I'm going to see them in Spain during the summer (first DM show FTW!), and if he does THE HAND, I'm gonna go fucking crazy.

i saw them once about 2-3 years ago and really liked them. Great performance, and yes he did the hand the whole time lol. killer!
Read my post. Not this.
Quote by mike130
Isnt that... THE HAND?!

Amazing. Very tight, very energetic. You'll have a great time.
I saw them in Brisbane in February. I once entertained the illusion that they were overrated, but having witnessed them live, even with a $$$$ty PA, $$$$ I was blown away. I saw Cannibal Corpse, Deicide and Suffo within a couple of months, Suffo OWNED anything I have ever experienced musically (although I hope Nile and Decapitated in 3 days time will beat it)
Suffo still rules, they've been quiet for a while though.
- Treat people the way you would like to be treated.
- Don't do to others what you wouldn't like others to do to you.
- Live and let live.
- Always tell the truth.
- If someone looks at you, just give them a nice smile they won't soon forget
Quote by SorrowIsMe
Suffo still rules, they've been quiet for a while though.

Thats because theyre sitting back watching thousands of inferior bands try to copy them and plagiarise their riffs, laughing derisively at them
Effigy of the Forgotten and Pierced From Within are sick albums. S/t owns too. Suffocation are a current favorite of mine.
According to Lambgoat they've left Relapse finally.
What do you guys make of this?
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
^It was a good move for Nile - so lets hope its the same for Suffocation!!
It'll be funny if they sign to Nuclear Blast, soon they have ALL the B00tal Technical bands ...... oh & Dimmu, of course.
Has anyone else noticed that the intro riff of 'To Weep Once More' is exactly the same as the 1.11 mark in 'Jesus Wept'? Useless info, I know, but im bored and Im on a Suffocation binge at the moment.
Quote by Stranglehold
Has anyone else noticed that the intro riff of 'To Weep Once More' is exactly the same as the 1.11 mark in 'Jesus Wept'? Useless info, I know, but im bored and Im on a Suffocation binge at the moment.

It's actually alot slower

But yeah, I think it was meant to be noticed, hence the usage of "weep" in both song titles.
Quote by SilentSpectacle
According to Lambgoat they've left Relapse finally.
What do you guys make of this?

linkage?? That would be cool i guess. I gotta get my Suffocation album back, lent it to a mate and i miss it .
Quote by GurthanG+--
I saw them in Brisbane in February. I once entertained the illusion that they were overrated, but having witnessed them live, even with a $$$$ty PA, $$$$ I was blown away. I saw Cannibal Corpse, Deicide and Suffo within a couple of months, Suffo OWNED anything I have ever experienced musically (although I hope Nile and Decapitated in 3 days time will beat it)

I dislike you very much!!! lol, i wanted to see Suffocation, didnt have the money, wanted to watch Nile and Decapitated but unfortunately i couldnt go due to medical issues which made me incapable of walking!!!
.(....\................/....)
. \....\............. /..../
...\....\.........../..../
....\..../´¯.l.¯`\..../
..../... l....l....(¯ `\
...l......l....l.....\....\
...l......l´¯.l´¯.l \....\
...\......` ¯..¯ ´......?
....\__________.?
Last edited by GuitarSacrifice at Jul 17, 2007,
Quote by Stranglehold

they probably did it on purpose....Jesus Wept, To Weep Once More....sounds like almost a part 2 kinda thing to me
Nicks and dents are battle scars...they give a guitar history.

Quote by Homer Simpson
When you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.
Quote by gimme_fuel_89
It's actually alot slower

But yeah, I think it was meant to be noticed, hence the usage of "weep" in both song titles.

haha ok I probably should have realised that, now the lyrics fit as well
Quote by metal Lover
I just ordered the Human Waste ep with 2 bonus tracks. Am I in for a kickass album.

Are you asking 'Am I in for a kickass album?' If you are, then fucking hell yes.
Quote by bimsterfls
I like the self titled. It's all I've got, though.

I only have it downloaded, plan on buying it soon.

The main riff on "Bind Torture Kill" is amazing.
Quote by Twist of fate