Page 1 of 4
Random dude
133 IQ
Hey, in 2005 SOAD was the best band of the year(in my opinion anyways). Who do you think will be the best band of 2006?
Refixer
Banned
180 IQ
If someone doesnt assassinate (sp?) Green Day, they'll probably make it. Maybe Audioslave? Stonesour? I don't know.
Yagushgi
148 IQ
I think Tool has potential. (And as one of my favorites, I hope that they are in the running)
I can't wait for their new CD.
Also, Red Hot Chili Peppers could have another big one, with their double-disc due out this spring.
Metallica is supposedly going to re-ignite their solo-playing of old, which could spaw a long overdue comeback.
Mascot-Rebel
Mascot-Rebel
142 IQ
Over my dead body will someone assaniate Green Day!

Green Day
Fall Out Boy
My Chemical Romance
or
System Of A Down
i'm guessing
Give me the glory
That I deserve
Give me a moment
Of one last word
lespaulmaniac
UG's Insane Guitar Player
36 IQ
i really dont know who would be the best of '06. we can only speculate. 10 years, perhaps, or metallica, i would like to hear their new album. and AC/DC is supposed to have a new album, so that could be pretty sucessful
Member #45 of the Nirvana Fan Club
Member #2 of the IM GOING TO HELL CLUB
Lopsided_cow
guitar hero
241 IQ
bodom, maybe even trivium even if they are overrated. in fact, its because their overrated. they rock though
Yagushgi
148 IQ
Ohh, I forgot to mention Radiohead.
I am really looking forwards to hearing their new stuff.
Nirvana_rocks73
Frussie
394 IQ
Im thinking Red Hot Chili Peppers and Metallica, my two favourite bands. I think if theyre going back a bit into their roots they will become huge once again.

AC/DC will do great also.

Michael Jackson - Forever loved
braun87
The Man With The Plan
10 IQ
I think the most successful will be Red Hot Chili Peppers, but don't count out Tool, Radiohead, or Incubus.
UG Smashing Pumpkins & Billy Corgan Club #1 and Founder
UG Tool & APC Club member #11
PM me for info
"Look, I'm saying what I want to say, and if you don't ****ing like it, too ****ing bad." -Billy Corgan
[with teeth]
31 IQ
Tool.
Children Of Bodom.
Pearl Jam, anyone?
I think Cedric dropped the mic about 20 times cause he was throwing it around so much. He also had a milk crate on his head for a bit. So yeah, it was a good show...crazy kids.

I love the Mars Volta.
rpguitardude
bored
426 IQ
I think if they keep up they don't release a bad album Avenged Sevenfold . but it can also be Green Day ( if they release another great album ), tool, Metallica ( if they go back to their roots ), The Strokes or Radiohead
noodles_wazaman
No Frills.
397 IQ
tool, rhcp and pearl jam are the best bets in my opinion.

i really doubt that metallica will get around to releasing an album in the coming year, and even if they do it'll probably be the usual story of failing to live up to the old school material.

the offspring no longer inspire me the way they did 7 or 8 years ago, and i think their best music is also well and truly behind them.

radiohead are a great band but they seem pretty unpredictable to me, so i will wait with interest to see what they spit out

green day's american idiot songs i could go without hearing for the rest of my life. i have been so friggin saturated with their singles for close to 2 years that i am starting to hate a band i once loved
If you take home anything,
let it be your will to think,
the more cynical you become,
the better off you'll be.
duncang
Popular British sitcom
4,352 IQ
Quote by Mascot-Rebel
Over my dead body will someone assaniate Green Day!

Green Day
Fall Out Boy
My Chemical Romance
or
System Of A Down
i'm guessing

Not one of those bands has an album coming out this year.

In fact, American Idiot was released in 2004.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
musicgatorgdgc
17 IQ
green day/ my chemical romance, fall out boy, or maybe the used cuz they've got another album coming out......................
kanamvar32
742 IQ
Tool
Velvet Revolver
Iron Maiden

*if they actually release the cds I've been hearing about
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
frying nemo08
_
86 IQ
muse is the only band that has been said so far that i think could be concitered for band of the year because most of the other bands are insanely huge, like RHCP, so people will be expecting amazing things from them. and then you have muse who have a large amount of fans but are not too big to be concitered for this.

i dont think that a superstar band like RHCP or Radiohead really can be a band of the year because the expectations for them are set so high it is hard for them to reach them let alone go further than expectations.
Xero09
The Lamer
311 IQ
Coheed and Cambria. Perhaps Angels And Airwaves? But Co&Ca do have potential!
Letterbomb11
King of MyOwnLittleWorld
386 IQ
Quote by duncang

Green Day
Fall Out Boy
My Chemical Romance
or
System Of A Down

Not one of those bands has an album coming out this year.

In fact, American Idiot was released in 2004.

Actually, MCR does have a CD coming out this year, and Green Day might have a new album around December (hopefully they will rerecord the "lost album", Cigarettes and Valentines as well. I hear that it "wasn't for the posers"). New SOAD album would be good and doubtful.

Oh yes, sorry I added that list to your post, I just had to put it in context.
pumpkins_rule
UG's Rap crusader
1,404 IQ
I hate to burst your bubbles guys, but I'm 90% sure the new RHCP album won't be very good. If you think about it, they haven't had a consistent album since Blood Sugar Sex Magik. So it's pretty unlikely they'll have a consistent double album. I'm willing to bet at least half of it's going to be filler.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

metallicman
53 IQ
Mettalica sounds abit of a highlight in 2006, considering their album won't be like St. Anger then it may be quite impressive but who knows?
misfits385
Scanned
283 IQ
Velvet revolver.
Quote by utsapp89
CRUSHING
SLAMMING
BROCOLI!
Face it, t3h MG mini-stack pwns your face.
indierock+roll!
Giggidy giggidy!!
349 IQ
What new bands?? Your all just naming old bands.. i think Artic Monkeys will be big..
Sgt_Pepper27
UG Board King
91 IQ
Wolfmother
sympathy for the...
Devil
President of "Beatlemania is NOT phony" Club. PM me to join.
TheConsequencer
47 IQ
Metallica if their new album is really gay like St. Anger or maybe Avenged Sevenfold
...AJFA!!!!!!

(The Black Album was a "new musical direction," (albeit a very gay one); whereas St. Anger was more of an abomination upon mankind.)
CCram12
21 IQ
Audioslave will have the best year for sure. Morello is amazing and Cornell has a larger vocal range than any other lead singer. They are going to release another huge album and be by far the best band of 2006. I rest my case.
Phoenix364
35 IQ
I'm really starting to get annoyed by the Arctic Monkeys. Everyone keeps saying they're geniuses and the best band ever when they've only had one overrated song out.

Band of 2006?: Flogging Molly I don't care that no one else likes them, I'm just being stubborn.
A Pirate's Life for Me.....