27 1%
36-and above
61 2%
Voters: 2494.
Page 1 of 28
chipmunx
Banned
110 IQ
Kids today don't appreciate classic today. they don't understand what it brought ut today some kids do...

so how old are you and what got you into classic rock
Last edited by chipmunx at Jan 2, 2006,
CrazedGuitarist
CrazedGuitarist
137 IQ
Around 13-14. and i agree. todays kids are all into their rap and r & b which requires on talent whatsoever... If they want real music. we g2 slap them till they respect CR!!!!

" (slap) YOU LIKE CLASSIC ROCK NOW!!!?!?! (Slap) HUH!?!? DO YA!?!?! (slap)
apmaman
pure mento basturt
1,058 IQ
im 16 and classic rock is pritty much the only thing i listen to.. apart from a sprinkle of metal and some of the stuff in the charts.. like sterophonics etc etc etc... its a shame really that the majority of kids are full of that rap crap... they just suck of MTV's huge bull**** tits and what they think is cool, the kids will

PSN ID: ArranP
jken89
UG Guitar Nutcase
431 IQ
I'm 16, but I got into classic rock when I was 14, I like all the classic, it was the innotive and original rock that stabilised todays rock. I do think some of todays rock is good, but mainly bands that have evolved from previous 90 artists e.g:

Nirvana >>> Foo Fighters

Guns N' Roses >> Velvet Revolver

etc....
DieN
I like music
121 IQ
I'm 18.
I was 8 years old when got into David Bowies music. For a very long time I didn't listen to anything else but now I'm also a Who fan.
I also like Cream, Jimi Hendrix, The Doors and Led Zeppelin.
DeSean
Banned
693 IQ
I'm 16, and Classic Rock is my favourite genre. I grew up listening to Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, and lots of old punk, because thats what my mum listened too. I got into The Doors when I was about 7, but I've only been seriously listening to CR out of my own choice for about 2 years.
Iluvpowerchords
Flau-BEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR
1,364 IQ
I'm 16.

I enjoy classic rock, although there is also alot of Classic rock I dislike.

But it's stilll a good genre.
skydogzoso1986
430 IQ
i'm 19 years old. i've been through a lot of stages of music but i'm glad i'm now obsessed with classic rock/blues. i don't listen to anything else. the first band that opened the doors to classic rock was led zeppelin and deep purple i suppose, that's quite a long time ago. favorite bands are now: led zeppelin, beatles, cream, the who,...
Fender Classic Series '50s Telecaster
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Mi Audio Crunch Box
MeGaDeth2314
UnUnBanned
1,360 IQ
I'm 14. I didn't really start getting into Classic Rock that much until last year, but damn, I'm so glad I did. Now when I look back at the music I used to listen to, I call myself a fag.
DownDark
UG's #1 Queen Fanatic
404 IQ
I'm 14 and I've been listening to CR since I can remember. I was always into rock but by the time I was about 9 I sorta strayed away into Rap (please don't flame me) but then I saw the light again, and when I was 10 I got into my mom's old vinyl. She's 51 and she still knows how to Rock 'N' Roll!!! I came home one day from school and heard the radio blasting with Comfortably Numb playing! The first vinyl album I listened to was Queen II (my avatar). I'll be a proud CR listener until I bloody well die!!!

Member #4 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!
Co founder of the "official band/artist obsessors club" as a queen obsessor pm me or me_and_my_esp to join!
SudzGitplaya
BIGgest PUSSY
46 IQ
I'm 16, and i've been playing guitar since i was 10, I play anything that comes to me and sounds good. Coincidentally that happens to be classic rock about 70% of the time. I love classic rock such the Yard Birds, Pixies, G&R you know the bands...

thats not to say that some music today isn't good. Mind you most of it might not be as complex, its still good to listen to. Just think of the Beatles, none of their stuff was hard...

I still listen to the modern punk rock and Indie scene, i find that stuff grand for the most part!

Personal favs are The Get Up Kids (indie) Story of the Year(punk-rock) and Big wreck/ Thornley (rock)
HendrixEdge
absolute bastard(s)...
185 IQ
I'm eighteen, I love all perceived musical genres although like all I do have my favourites.

But if I?m to be specific, I?m a Bowie boy all the way.
Incisive inklings of proper piss are unsuited for the quill…
DownDark
UG's #1 Queen Fanatic
404 IQ
I love Big Wreck! fav songs are "The Oaf", "That Song", and "Blown Wide Open". Basically, the first 3 songs from "In Loving Memory Of".
Co founder of the "official band/artist obsessors club" as a queen obsessor pm me or me_and_my_esp to join!
love_O_rock
388 IQ
I got into clasic rock on an 8 hour car ridewhen I was 12 and haven't looked back. Jimmy Page was 90% of my influence to start playing guitar. There would be no metal or any of that if not for classic rock.
#12 of the "Ibanez SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4life SZ! to join!
Last edited by love_O_rock at Jan 2, 2006,
Jesse Mrau
148 IQ
I am 15, and it was a joint effort from The Eagles, Queen, The Who, and The Beatles. I grew up listening to them all, and have always been into classic rock.
Black Star
UG Fanatic
376 IQ
I'm 14. I grew up on The Eagles, Pink Floyd, The Who, and Led Zeppelin
My guitar modification blog.
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....
ThePurpleRabbit
Rocks OFF!
555 IQ
I'm 15 and got into The best Genre ever at the age of 13..

Daddy Bought a Deep Purple best of he didn't like ( ) and gave it to me.
and after 2 weeks I heard AC/DC and that started it all.
Founder Of "Mick Ronson Is an extremely Awesome Guitar Player" Fanclub.
PM me To Join.

Quote by RHDIII
as we all know emo music is basically rock and roll fully evolved to its highest potential

wtf?
Still Life
Dr. Efficient
55 IQ
I'm 17, makes me feel kind of old being on these forums, now that I think about it. The majority of what I listen to these days is classic rock, but I certainly have not listened to solely classic rock the whole time I have been into music. I used to listen to a lot of punk, and metal. These days I will still listen to a lil' bit of Maiden, Megadeth, or Opeth, along with many many other metal bands, but I mainly keep it to classic rock now. I think that this is the one genre of music that if people get into, they will never stop listening to it.
FreddieMercury
UG's #1 Queen Fan
252 IQ
Quote by DownDark
I'm 14 and I've been listening to CR since I can remember. I was always into rock but by the time I was about 9 I sorta strayed away into Rap (please don't flame me) but then I saw the light again, and when I was 10 I got into my mom's old vinyl. She's 51 and she still knows how to Rock 'N' Roll!!! I came home one day from school and heard the radio blasting with Comfortably Numb playing! The first vinyl album I listened to was Queen II (my avatar). I'll be a proud CR listener until I bloody well die!!!

where did you get that last quote at the end hehe
QUEEN+PAUL RODGERS 3/10/06
roger waters 9/8/06
the who 9/16/06
eric clapton 10/03/06
the who 12/2/06
Mika 6/13/07
Rush 6/27/07
Roger waters 7/10/07
Elton John 3/??/08
The Who 10/24/08
Iron Maiden 04/02/09
Iron Maiden 07/12/10
Hanzi_G
Screw You Guys
282 IQ
15-20, and seeing Queen: Live At Wembley got me started on Classic Rock.
Here's what the critics are saying about Hanzi_G:

Quote by SteveHouse
Hanzi_G = god damned prophet.

SIG ME GODDAMMIT
Cousin Kevin
Gotta Love Ringo
58 IQ
wanted to hear some of the influences of modern bands and totally got hooked
Quote by HelpImARock
Honestly, don't you kids have something better to do? Like drugs, or irresponsible sexual activity? Honestly.

As usual, there is a great woman behind every idiot.
-John Lennon
TheHeartbreaker
The Pope of Zeppelinism
1,584 IQ
15; I've always liked the Beatles and stuff, and my dad's a huge music freak and stuff.

Slowly in middle school I'd listen to some classic rock and liked what I heard. The thing that really got me was, sadly... School of Rock.
Guitarplaya27
UG's Captain Morgan
3,055 IQ
Classic rock is great im 13 i luv it along with metal
i hate rap and that
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
DownDark
UG's #1 Queen Fanatic
404 IQ
Quote by FreddieMercury
where did you get that last quote at the end hehe

lol It's something Freddie Mercury said on the Live At Wembley DVD about rumours of a breakup, you know?
Wannabehippie
Do what the avatars says
287 IQ
I'm 15-20. Kids todays, don't like Classic rock, because its for old people. Yet it could rip apart any RnB crap, lyrically, technically and instrumentally, no matter what its age.

I think AC/DC, maybe just pure curiosity brought me to Classic Rock. I wanted some new music and i decided to check out some older bands, i realised they were good and carried on listening. Either that or TnT off THPS 4. Such an awesome game.
Quote by fireaway
giuers uo sghurioyus dony remeber me wut the heck

Quote by Smokey Amp
Ever wondered why there are different letters on a keyboard? It would seem that you continually mash random keys in order to get your message across.

OWNED!
jayr123guitar
YOU NEED MORE GUITAR
1,807 IQ
27. I've been listening to the classic stuff for about 15 years. I do listen to all genres of music except Rap, Opera, all pop punk & pretty much all commercial mainstream stuff of today.
Dead_Gods_Live
Time Traveler
128 IQ
I'm 18 and I'm really getting deeper into it the more I play guitar.

But I literally grew up with classic rock, mother always listening to it in car rides and I never really knew the bands...I do remember hearing Clapton's 'Wonderful Tonight' and 'The Joker' by Steve Miller Band. I still remember car rides just sitting there watching mom sing and me "try" haha....but later AC/DC is what got me going into classic rock, around 14 yrs old
Quote by Wannabehippie
Thats as far as my knowledge of Clapton goes.

Quote by Still Life
I hear he also played guitar
oldnndway
10 IQ
I'm 49
I saw the Beatles on The Ed Sullivan Show and was hooked on Rock and Roll ... bought my first album in a grocery store shortly thereafter, it was Beatlemania (a cover band that I thought was the real thing)
istandalone
120 IQ
ive been listening to classic rock since i was like 3 with my dad, steve miller band, lynard skynard, rush, scorpions and gnr (last two not cr but close) and niel young.
rock and roll aint noise pollution, rock and roll aint gonna die-ac/dc
coldethyl
You Had To Be There!!!!!!
122 IQ
I've been around now for 4 decades plus 3 yrs, so work that one out!

I grew up in the Classic Rock era so for me it's my music and whenever I hear a song or album from that time, it often brings back many great memories.
"We got used to, with the amps making sure that people could hear the guitars, because it was obvious we were a guitar based band, we didn't wanna sound like a strumming, electrified folk group or something"- Angus Young, The Guitar Show
Maet
906 IQ
16. Classic Rock pisses me off now. Mostly because of the connect the dots scenario where whenever I hear anything Classic Rock oriented, I automatically think of some n00b elitist on this forum.
«ÃFireÏnside»
Dancing Alone
53 IQ
16, I used to listen to a lot of classic rock, now I'm mostly listening to metal. Classic rock was just my jumping pad into good music because when I first started playing guitar I knew nothing of good guitarists, and classic rock was where the "great" guitarists were so I went there and for a while was a classic rock junkie....I really don't listen to much classic rock anymore to be quite honest. Now, it's mostly metal, or modern prog stuff that I'm quickly getting into (eg. Porcupine Tree).
It's not the fear of what's beyond
It's just that I might not respond
KingBrendan5149
Banned
910 IQ
I'm 15 and i've been listening to the beatles ever since i was 8 years old and i've been listening to classic rock overall since i was 11 or 12.

i got into the beatles by one of my friends. his favorite band was the beatles and he would bring a bunch of their albums on the bus and he would let me listen to them. i've been hooked on them ever since.
JkHalen
175 IQ
surprised noone has voted from ages of 21-26...I'm 15 and i pretty much listen to CR, 80's rock(including metallica, iron maiden, megadeth), progressive rock, and shred. That's about it..
Quote by metalmonsterr
The first time i heard about Granny Sluts 16 on DVD i was like OMG AWESOME.I feel like they made it just for me, then after i saw it the black granny at the end just makes me feel really awkward and depressed
bassgod
63 IQ
i'm 14 all the kids my age listen 2 rap and that emo crap, and the kids who listen 2 emo think the solos in there songs are sooo cool so everytime i hear someone talk about that i tell them 2 shut up and go listen 2 Hendrix and Rhodes
Goin' Mobile
1,418 IQ
After listening to Credence Clearwater Revival, and then buying The Who "Who's Next," I was like, "sh*t, this stuff is amazing! How could I have possibly listened to bands like Smash Mouth before?"

Then I bought Guns N' Roses "Use Your Illusion II, Live In Tokyo" and it blew me away. Slash's new band is pretty poor. Without the singer it would be an OK band, but with Scott Weiland it almost sounds like Nirvana.

I think classic rock has alot to do with the singer; no one in rock bands can sing these days.
I woke up this morning and I got myself a beer. The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Quote by BlackIce87
I'm not gonna lie, goin' mobile looks like Sebastian Bach in the eighties.
DownDark
UG's #1 Queen Fanatic
404 IQ
I get flamed by some of my classmates for liking bands like Queen, or Glam Rock altogether, and they say real men listen to "gangsta rap"... you know what I tell them? I tell them real men listen to Rock, with roaring guitars, pounding drums, thumping bass, and screeching vocals! I also tell them real men aren't afraid to sing using falsetto, wear leotards, or wear make-up

real men are never afraid!
Last edited by DownDark at Jan 2, 2006,