danman92701
201 IQ
Me (the guitarist) and the singer and recording tomorrow. I also will play drums and bass when we record. Tomorrow is the first time we are actually going to record. We've been jammin for about 4 or 5 months and have 10 or 12 good songs. We're using a really simple recording program called GarageBand.

So basically, do you have any tips?

We figured we would jam and practice for about an hour, run through our best four songs for about 15 minutes each, then go and record as much as we can. So any other tips about recording, or anything similar, thanks.
sevendayloss
187 IQ
^what he(or)she said
and i suggest buying a **** load of monsters, your going to get tired fast. then people start to whine etc.
trust me
pawnluv
Spread The Luv
808 IQ
dont get frustrated, and its gonna take way longer than u think, good luck
MY Music
AMPS:
Chute CC-04 2x12
GUITARS:
Fender American Deluxe Strat SSS (with DG-20's)
Martin Dx-1
PEDALS:
Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker
Keeley Mod Bluesdriver
Holy Grail Plus Reverb
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
Last edited by pawnluv at Jan 6, 2006,
Zeus2716
UG's Washburn Player
368 IQ
take your time. drink **** loads of energy drinks. and dont expect more than 4-5 songs. don't rush, and consider anyhting more than 3 a bonus.
Hypnot1st
Tap Master
407 IQ
Good luck...bring drinks and snacks (just be sure it's ok to have it where you are recording, some people are really picky)
primusfan
It's better with no teeth, trust me. Much fewer scars on my penis now that I've switched from seniors in high school to senior citizens.
deusexbass2150
35 IQ
Warm up before then record and be patient with yourself and others in the band as you kinda gotta get it perfect when you record so dont be surprised if you're there for quite a long time
And yeah gotta have food lol
Quote by BostonLacrosse
happy birthday

i got you a *reported*
danman92701
201 IQ
We had no food or energy drinks but it went fine.

We recorded a total of 4 songs (2 rock and 2 acoustic) in about four hours.
Zeus2716
UG's Washburn Player
368 IQ
good job man and congratulations. props for making it through w/o alcohol, drugs, food, or energy drinks lol. and also, good luck in the future
danman92701
201 IQ
Thanks man, it was actually really fun. I'll try to get the mp3s uploaded and post some links soon.