Page 1 of 2
emoISaDEADgenre
134 IQ
who all likes them?
You might sleep, but you'll never dream
Onward! Progress! Or so it seems.
You might laugh, but you'll never smile.
Come on in and waste away awhile.
EmO_RuleZ!!
I cry in the corner
276 IQ
i saw them in september and they played a good set, and came away thinking the way they dance makes me think they do herion.
Quote by emomints
Green day have to be one of the biggest emo bands in the world (and I still love them). Which do you lot think is there most emo song 'coz me and my friend can't decide lol
waldorphPRS41
quixotic
1,984 IQ
Quote by GuitarSlinger
i saw them in september and they played a good set, and came away thinking the way they dance makes me think they do herion.

I'm sure they don't, they are a Christian band.
Anyway I love them alot. I got to see them in November and December and they were amazing both times.
rogue.orchid
Banned
10 IQ
i think i wrote this about someone else yesterday:
who could you compare them too?
do they sound similar to anyone else?
people who like ________ would like them.
Unseen_hero
Wooly Mammoth's Absence
243 IQ
I've heard of a few songs. They were pretty good. Wish they didn't have a stereotypical emo name.

The only thing that really bothers me about them is how the singer totally emulates Chris Leo (Native nod/van pelt's) urgent panic sing/speak vocal style and the kiddies call it "fresh." it was fresh 18 years ago.
j0nmcc
former B&A mod
1,282 IQ
I like them a lot.

but wait,

they're not 1980's original emo? What are you doing listening to them?
j0nmcc
former B&A mod
1,282 IQ
Quote by Unseen_hero
^au contraire, I like the van pelt more than native nod - and thats 95- 99

sorry!

i was talking to the thread starter.

all she seems to harp on about is how we're all wrong cos 'we don't know what emo is' or something

meh

no offense caused i hope!
emoISaDEADgenre
134 IQ
they aren't 80's emo?! god damn mewithoutYou. just kidding, i don't only listen to 80s emo, i listen to 90s emo, 00s emo, and indie (they are indie?) and tons of other kinds of music(like post-hardcore and screamo!!) too. i have even gotten past the fact they are a Christian band. i really have improved my tolerance.

and the dancing, it makes me laugh, though i agree they do look a bit high..but thats because they are unique and so they have their very own awesomeness.
bobjewell87
Cause = time
874 IQ
when i first heard them last year i didnt think much too it. But listened again to 'january 1979' today and thought it was quite cool.
CMJPEC
Neighborhood #1(Tunnels)
547 IQ
I <3 mewithoutyou
To be the last one
who will sing you to sleep...

christie.FRONT.drive
mechizedeck22
130 IQ
I really love this band.....just when I was starting to believe music was going to stay boring forever and I was doomed to a live amongst screamo fans spider dancing,,,,,but this music is like a breath of fresh air............
Aka55
An ape is loose.
324 IQ
If the drummer doesn't do heroin or coke before he goes on stage he's for sure mentally handicapped.

The christianess doesn't bother me really... only when its like 'Take all the non believers bring them to the water to pray!!" does it bother me.

The singer isn't really that christian, when I saw them live he simply said. "The bible says that whoever believes in God will be forever blessed. (not that exact quote... but something along the lines of that) I'm not sure if I believe or not, but I might as well give it a shot."

I thought that was cool.

Catch for us the foxes is one of the best cds ever made.

Easily in my top 10.
CMJPEC
Neighborhood #1(Tunnels)
547 IQ
Two songs that prove their Christianity:

Carosels...."If i didnt have you as my god..."

Janurary 1979......"If i could be your servant...."

Atleast that is what im thinking
To be the last one
who will sing you to sleep...

christie.FRONT.drive
emoISaDEADgenre
134 IQ
^the most obvious give away...

tooth and nail records
oblique
Classic Metal Alt Grunger
559 IQ
They're playing a show with Minus the Bear in April, so I'll probably end up seeing them. What kind of music are they exactly? I'd probably stay for their set anyways, but it would be nice to know what to expect.
lo fi nights
last night in town
379 IQ
or instead of searching thru lyrics u cud read any of their announcements which always veer towards preaching. I love them. Theyre wonderful people. Theyre drummer manned their merch table n talked to me, the singer stood in the crowd for the openers, theyre all humble. I got front row and he sweat all over me. But amazing pictures followed. well, i love mwY
Knife2aGunFight
Good Morning Captain
762 IQ
Aaron Weiss = total genius. I wish I could write like him. I don't know why some of you should feel you need to get past the Christian lyrics, only one song I know of actually mentions Jesus (carousels) anyway. I think all his lyric are so beautiful, maybe it's cause I'm christian I don't know. The structures are all so flawless *sigh* I've only seen them in live videos though, must see them live. Have yall heard their first albums though, they are positively rotten, maybe it's just cos of all the screaming, the feeling's lost. How did they progress so much from album to album. Simply amazing. On a very humorus note these guys tour in a van that runs purely on vegetable oil and Jesus love. True Story.
emoISaDEADgenre
134 IQ
^havent you heard from A to B? they talk about jesus alot more in that album than in Catch for us the Foxes (<---thats such a fun thing to say). But yeah i love them, and im sort of Christian(i don't like the churches where i live so people think im not..) but i would like them even if i wasn't..
Knife2aGunFight
Good Morning Captain
762 IQ
Is from A to B as Screamy as their 1st album was, i think it was called "I Never Said I was Brave"?, cause I went straight for that and it was just too much screaming for my taste. I probably didn't give from A 2 B a fair chance in hell (what a pun for a Christain Band). Can't hear the lyrics on the 1st too well so wouldn't know what they actually were were. I'd research it but don't have time right now. I'll download some later and give my input. Now I feel less smart.
EmO_RuleZ!!
I cry in the corner
276 IQ
Quote by Unseen_hero
I've heard of a few songs. They were pretty good. Wish they didn't have a stereotypical emo name.

I think it's from a movie
Quote by emomints
Green day have to be one of the biggest emo bands in the world (and I still love them). Which do you lot think is there most emo song 'coz me and my friend can't decide lol
evilguitar
The Evil Guitar
20 IQ
i just have to say this:
mewithoutyou is like no other band i've ever heard ... amazing!
ghettohippygrrl
904 IQ
Quote by waldorphPRS41
they are a Christian band.

Well that settles it. They must suck.

Kidding.

But I see a lot of kids from the emo area like them.

That settles it. They must suck.

Kidding.

I think I've heard them before and didn't like them.
A conservative is a man who believes that nothing should be done for the first time. --Alfred E. Wiggam
Knife2aGunFight
Good Morning Captain
762 IQ
Well I gave A-->B Life another chance and downloaded all the songs and it does sound lot better IMO than I Never Said I was Brave, I don't think it's as good as Catch For Us The Foxes, but still very good. Silencer is my favorite it's very touching for me. The guitar on AB is better I think it's more rockin. And I stand by the fact that the only lyric that actually says Jesus by name is in Carousels - "Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom" the words of the criminal crucified beside Jesus who repented. I didn't mean that he didn't speak of Jesus and God etc. before just that his lyrics can be enjoyed by Christians and atheists alike, because they are so amazing. You don't have to be religious to enjoy them. I think his singing improved over the albums but the lyrics have pretty much been amazing all along.
Jesse Wants To Die Just As Much As You Want Him Dead
Knife2aGunFight
Good Morning Captain
762 IQ
^^^^^ actually I'll correct myself, Jesus is also in the lyrics for The Cure For Pain at the very end. "Jesus have mercy on us". A-->B Life is brilliant can't stop listening to it for some reason. I <3 mewithoutYou. I must see them live ASAP. They're touring with Thursday!
Jesse Wants To Die Just As Much As You Want Him Dead
waldorphPRS41
quixotic
1,984 IQ
Quote by misinform tyler
their new song Nice And Blue Pt2 is amazing, i got their new album pre-ordered

I had the new album link up the other day but the mods deleted it because it wasn't allowed. I haven't given it much of a listen yet though.
slinks
Bastard in a Basket
443 IQ
I saw them live back in July with Unwed Sailor. That was a damn good show, though the crowd was unusually small (only about 100-150 people). I'm really looking forward to Brother, Sister.
YAY_FOR_PIE
*Insert Witty Phrase*
263 IQ
I have Catch Us For the Foxes, and I love it.
The Proverbial Mind Spread of The Primus Sucks Club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.
Originally posted by Draken
we're not nerds thank you very much i have a very respectable 40k imperial guard army.
emokid182
282 IQ
I love this band alot, As a Christian I can really appreciate what Aaron is writing about, especially on 'foxes'. Most of the songs are his struggles with his faith which is somthing I find very refreshing. Also everyone should go to there websight and read Aaron's journals, he's very intelligent and will give you alot to think about.
Pink the Punk : Trust me, don't shower or shave or anything for a week then go out on the pull with a loincloth and half a dead mammoth over your should. You won't be short of chicks that night

thats why he's the hardcore mod
AWA
Straight gumpin'
740 IQ
mewithoutYou's a cool band. I'm absolutely in love with the track "Four Word Letter".
Wade in the water, child.
Jahsoul
UG Newbie
1,004 IQ
They are one of the most amazing bands I've ever heard. Only ignorant fools would be bothered by the Christian messages. What's the difference between someone singing about their girlfriend to about their beliefs? Not a thing, it's their passion.

Tonally they are the best. The bass tone is so solid and the guitars are so beautiful. They made me like Fender again.