leaping badger
UG Board King
504 IQ
What do you guy's think of reuben?

a friend told me about them recently and sent me some stuff by them and i really liked it, i'd never heard of them before and wondered if any of you guys had?

if you haven't it's worth a listen.
Quote by slayaplaya

(oh! maybe some one will sig that witty comment! maybe not...)
duncang
Popular British sitcom
4,442 IQ
VFVD is an awesome album, as is RiRB.

Alt/Indie? They probably belong in hardcore.

Best songs: Kick In The Mouth, Blamethrower, Lights Out
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
scottish
from russia with love
111 IQ
yeah i have they rock, i really like them they have not really hit it big yet but i think it will happen soon. i'd buy one of their records if you have the chance
so rocking i gotta save the
world
bobjewell87
Cause = time
874 IQ
hmm, never really gonna venture beyond 'okay' in my opinion really.

Freddy krueger and blamethrower are half decent but most are just really poor songs. Guitar tone is awful as well.
Guitar_Dude777
Ba/\//\/ed from the Band
457 IQ
I Checked them out...I thought they were pretty good, are they an Idie band? and if so where are they from? if you guys know
j0nmcc
former B&A mod
1,282 IQ
i agree with bob on the one.

a lot of people really like them and that's cool. i just cant hear it though. maybe im missing something.
Abe
Come Here and Say That...
1,564 IQ
They used to play in my area quite often, or at least they played Scarborough twice in a year or something, it's a shame I don't like them really.
tezhall
This one goes to eleven..
669 IQ
Quote by leaping badger
What do you guy's think of reuben?

For a sec I thought this was a thread about me....never mind

*Tez "Rueben" Hall slopes off out of another Rueben thread...but he'll keep trying til he finds the one that actually is about him....
Guitar_Dude777
Ba/\//\/ed from the Band
457 IQ
Quote by tezhall
For a sec I thought this was a thread about me....never mind

*Tez "Rueben" Hall slopes off out of another Rueben thread...but he'll keep trying til he finds the one that actually is about him....

hahha yes this hole thread is dedicated to you and what we think o you
tezhall
669 IQ
Neither Bob nor Jon think I'm cool

But Matt proper likes me so thats OK
kryptonite22
2,832 IQ
I do like Reuben very much. I heard "Banner Held High" in the Summer of '03, and whilst that song wasn't amazing, it did have me in eager anticipation of the debut album, and I snapped that up a couple of years ago. The new one is a bit more structured, I find, but certainly a good CD. More mature and perhaps a bit boring in places. But I do like them, they have some brilliant songs and are a good live act. Jamie's pretty funny. He insults Snow Patrol *chuckle*

For anyone who wnats to get into them, download some of these:
- Blamethrower
- Freddy Krueger
- No One Wins The War
- Stuck In My Throst
- Alpha Signal Seven
- Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em
- Tonight my Wife Is Your Wife
- Missing Fingers
tezhall
669 IQ
Quote by j0nmcc
face it terry, you suck.

you wish

R_music_fan
J'aime la musique...
10 IQ
I've not heard much of their stuff but what I have I really like, especially "Kick In The Mouth". Good song.
Originally posted by Punkarse
Y'know, I thought this thread was gonna be about the Ministry of Defence. But it's not. It's about wanking. Oh well.
tezhall
669 IQ
Goddamit this still isn't about me

They're playing Exeter soon, on my list of bands-to-see, mainly because not many bands people have heard of ever play Exeter.

Except Bloc Party, who did on Tuesday, and sold out in about 5 seconds flat such that all the student twats who have never heard of Bloc Party but want to impress some slag in their halls got a ticket, and I didn't.

Don't they know all they need to do is buy her about 5 cocktails and pretend to know about Nietzche (however it may be spelt lol) and they're guaranteed some action, and then I coulda gone to see Bloc Party Goddam uneducated tax dodging ticket thieves. Lol.

If they get my Rueben tickets as well someone's going to get a knife in the face...
Hakanku
Tactician & Dreamweaver
283 IQ
Freddy krueger
Lets Stop Hanging Out

My two fav songs of theirs that i've heard^^

I quite like them, some songs are abit bland and same-y, but overall I enjoy.
kryptonite22
2,832 IQ
DVD out soon.

They're not coming to Wales on either of their confirmed tours...very disappointing.
leaping badger
UG Board King
504 IQ
Quote by kryptonite22
DVD out soon.

They're not coming to Wales on either of their confirmed tours...very disappointing.

i watched the DVD the other day it's awesome, they're really nice honest guys, i didn't get to see the live section though
Quote by slayaplaya

onlyonehere
Saturday Superhouse
1,126 IQ
Adore the early singles, adore the first album (RIRB), second album was a major disappointment for me.

I think the problem with Reuben is that when they're good, they're brilliant, but when they're bad (as the second album shows, and a couple of filler tracks on the first) they're just a cheap Nirvana/Helmet ripoff (which is ironic considering the song content).

The second album had it's moments - Some Mothers Do 'Ave Em, Best Enemies, Return Of The Jedi, Nobody Loves You, but the majority was just bland, unimaginitive rock. A major disappointment considering the brilliance of the first album.

I have high hopes for their third album after hearing a lot of new material, and I can't wait to get my hands on the DVD.
kryptonite22
2,832 IQ
admittedly i much preferred the first cd but youre right in saying the second had its moments. lights out and some mothers... for me
leaping badger
UG Board King
504 IQ
the only tracks i don't like on the second are alpha signal 3 and boy which to me was just trying to be another dusk, other than that i loved them all, yeah i am a bit obsessed when it comes to reuben.
Quote by slayaplaya

Bombtrack
No, just no.
90 IQ
I have tickets to see them in September in Brighton, should be awesome. I really like most of their stuff, but as stated the first album is better than the second. Let's hope the new one is better.
the_astronaut
's name is Rylan.
1,699 IQ
Two of my bandmates met them recently and gave them our demo, they said they were really nice guys.

Am yet to listen to them, downloading some stuff now.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?