Page 1 of 88
Old-school straight up wierdness from florida. My guitar teacher told me to check them out, so I got focus and I freakin' love it. Awesome in all it's wierd glory. The drumming is top notch. Anyone else like them?
The bass work is amazing. Focus is such a good album. Each time I listen I find new fascinating things.
THE TREND IS OVER
YOU WON'T NEED THAT ANYMORE
ITS ON SALE AT THE FUCKING DOLLAR STORE
The guitarist and drummer from Death's Human were in Cynic and I do like them but it took a while to get past the weird computer vocals.
Ride the dragon toward the crimson eye...

Vaginal Destruction

^ Do you like sludgey stoner/doom? Well then you should try Vaginal Destruction
Quote by INDUSTRIALMETAL
A great band with a tragically small output.

Yeah, and they aren't very well known... they're an awesome band. Very underrated.
Quote by Vercingetorix
Yeah, and they aren't very well known... they're an awesome band. Very underrated.

i think they are very well known
people just tend to not talk about a band so much when they only put out one album and split-up over 10 years ago
though they were known more for their demos, before they released focus in 93, they were known as the biggest band to never release an album
My sig is better than yours
Quote by Snyper
i think they are very well known
people just tend to not talk about a band so much when they only put out one album and split-up over 10 years ago
though they were known more for their demos, before they released focus in 93, they were known as the biggest band to never release an album

Yeah, well I think a better way to put it would be that not many people have actually heard them, but have heard of them.
Quote by INDUSTRIALMETAL
A great band with a tragically small output.

Well put. Very true. Although I'm not sure they'd manage to make something else as weird and good as Focus.
Quote by Vercingetorix

they're more then well known for a band that only put out one album.

Great album btw
there's alot of cool stuff, but I think Atheist is a bit more.... cohesive song-wise. a bit more traditonal sounding, also. but cynic is excellent, tony choy definitely is a bass GOD in my book for his work with both bands.
Does anyone have any of the Cynic demos? I haven't been able to find them.
^ I know a guy who has some Cynic Demos. If you have Soulseek I might be able to leech them off him for ya.

Anyway, Focus is Mental, VEIL OF MAYA
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
No, I dont have soulseek... (Mac.) But I would be willing to trade for it via email or AIM, if possible.

And yes, Focus owns.
Quote by Frobbage

You really aren't missing much, I had one for awhile and it's pretty generic.
Don't be derivative. Explore...
Is it true their bassist plays with all four of his fingers, and his thumb? Cause that's just insane.
hmm im might be intreseted in checking these guys out... and song recommendations?
Gear:
Ibnaez RG1570 Prestige
Maton EM225C Acoustic
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Digitech DF-7 Distortion Pedal
Quote by grimreaper65
Is it true their bassist plays with all four of his fingers, and his thumb? Cause that's just insane.

I take it you've never seen Victor Wooten
^ i have, actually, but mostly just his double thumping stuff, i've never seen him play with four fingers. Link?
Quote by stratman_mjc
hmm im might be intreseted in checking these guys out... and song recommendations?

Veil of Maya, Textures, How Could I
Great band.
Quote by <><
Oh, King'sXfan590! Is there anything you won't say?

There, now you can quote me and put me in your sig.
I got Focus a little while ago. Very good stuff.
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله
Quote by Frobbage

I have an album of Cynic demos.

I can send it to you. What's your email?
Quote by <><

Great band! Sentiment, Celestial Voyage, Veil of Maya
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
I always thought Tony Choy played bass on Focus. Interesting...
Proud Member Of The Bass Militia

PM Nutter_101 To Join
Quote by Frobbage
rmbra@verizon.net

thanks man

You're welcome! You should have it in your inbox pretty soon.
Quote by <><

I've been meaning to check them out for a long time. I must remember to buy Focus soon.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by Face The Slayer
I always thought Tony Choy played bass on Focus. Interesting...

Nope, only on the demos.
I just picked this up a while back. Ive only listened to it once or twice, Masvidals screaming kinda grates on me. The instrumentation is awesome Im gonna have to give Wintersun a break and let Focus grow on me.
Member #2 of the "Eggnog > Humanity" club
^^Pm Scourge441 to join

PM MackDaddy or RhinosaurBones to join the Mortal Kombat Klub. That's right, Klub with a K.

Quote by happytimeharry
wow, is that backgammon? Now that's what I call fore play...
Quote by Bilzzard_of_Ozz
Nope, only on the demos.

Who's playing on Focus?
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.